4.0 out of 5 stars Porter Cable PC15CSLK
Porter-Cable PC15CSLK 7-1/4-Inch Circular-Saw with Laser-Guide

I bought this saw at Lowes and so far it is fine, except..... if your buying this for the laser, then you will either need to be inside or its going to need to be dusk outside to see it on the lumber.
Weak laser.
Published on June 29, 2011 by Dennis

3.0 out of 5 stars Good saw, Laser is super weak
This is a great saw. Super powerful and does a great job, but don't expect to use the laser line in full sun or even a brightly lit room. The laser is a huge let down. I can only see it about 3 inches down the wood and then it fades away. Works great in dark rooms though.
Published 17 months ago by Brian J. Krueger

4.0 out of 5 stars Porter Cable PC15CSLK, June 29, 2011
This review is from: PORTER-CABLE PC15CSLK 7-1/4-Inch Circular-Saw with Laser-Guide (Tools & Home Improvement)
Porter-Cable PC15CSLK 7-1/4-Inch Circular-Saw with Laser-Guide

Weak laser.

4.0 out of 5 stars First use of circular saw purchased from Amazon.com, November 18, 2010
I found it to be somewhat heavier than expected, but not objectionally so, obviously a solidly built machine. The laser guide seemed accurate and I had no trouble crosscutting a dozen or more hardwood boards into three foot lengths. The rugged tool bag included should last a lifetime! I was very pleased with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid saw, but a bit heavy, May 10, 2011
I really have enjoyed using this saw! It has a great power behind the cut, making it a great match for most jobs to do around the house. I would agree with most other reviewers that the saw could have shed a few pounds to get it down to a more "all day" type machine. The adjustment levers are easy to use and well placed, and the laser line is a nice plus to reduce the just off the line mistakes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, good value., November 21, 2010
I needed to replace my Craftsman saw for projects around the house. Something well built for not too much money. The Porter-Cable PC15CSL looks like it will do the job. I like the secondary handle (not just a knob) and the laser guide. The heavy bag that came with it is also a plus. It is, however, a little heavy (about a pound more than my Craftsman). If I used a circular saw a lot more than I do, I would have paid more and bought a lighter saw.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, December 4, 2010
Plenty of power and great features make this a diyer's saw. Don't know when I'll use the laser but it is neat as a double check when cutting. Only down side is it is alittle heavy if your going to be using it all day..If you are, go to the magnesium models and save 2 pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, May 12, 2012
I am a pro, it is a little heavy, has lots of power, very smooth operation, very easy to use. Very much worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Porter-Cable PC15CSLK 7-1/4 Inch Circular-Saw with Laser-Guide, September 14, 2011
Every tool has to have it purpose. I got this one for home projects and I am glad I did. Very well build and balanced machine. Has enough power to tackle every job I throw it way. Long enough cord and looks like company didn't cut corners; I like laser-guide a lot. I read some reviews complaining about it weight; however like I said before I didn't see it as a problem for my purpose, and I am not a big guy. If I need to get another tool from this company, I definitely will. I can't comment on customer service due to never need to call them (and that's the best way I like it). As for the price, well I got it from Amazon, hard to beat that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first circular saw, November 16, 2013
I'm very new to power tools and construction of any sort. Our front porch (really a small freestanding deck) desperately needed to be rebuilt. In fact, I was absolutely shocked at how unsafe it was when I tore it down.

So. With the help of various how to articles and many, many youtube videos, I studied up and began building a new porch. I used cement deck blocks from Lowes instead of digging post holes and pouring bagged cement. At about $6 a block, those things are fantastic money and time savers for freestanding decks. The only caveat is frost heave or building permits so be sure to check on that for your area.

I bought the saw locally at the home improvement store because I needed it now and I needed to be able to get an immediate replacement if necessary but Amazon is a few dollars cheaper if you have time to wait for shipping. And, Amazon has been excellent handling the few things I've had to return over the years. For me it was purely a time issue.

I went with this particular brand because I know PC has an excellent reputation on car care forums. I went with this particular model for the laser sight, fence and carry case. It was well worth the extra price for those three value added items. The laser sight has really helped me cut straight lines - a particularly challenging area for me. The fence has been of limited use for the cutting I've been doing but I use it when I can and I like it too. The carry bag! Man, I am glad I got that with the saw. It bugs me to put up tools but they are just laying out if you know what I mean. It is like stashing your hand tools in one spot without a toolbox. I guess if you have a dedicated tool area that would make the case useless but otherwise it is worth paying a little extra and getting the case. I also like the case because it is very roomy so no problem throwing the speed square in, the fence, extra blades, etc in the bag with the saw. The laser line can be a bit hard to see if it is especially bright outside but I found that I could usually make enough shade to see it when needed.

My dumb brother bought a cheapy Skil low end circular saw several years ago and I have used that a time or two. Comparatively, this saw is much better. It is a bit heavier and the extra heft generally makes it easier to use. The laser sight is a big plus for me compared to the ~$30 Skil. The price difference is significant of course.

Ah, if you are going to use an extension cord, get one rated for 15 amps so you don't ruin the saw. One of the (many) videos I watched on YT mentioned that problem. The guy said that it was a very common reason for failure with power tools - underrated extension cords. These cords are expensive but they are a good investment since you can use them with all of your power tools.

This saw has made this project a breeze as far as cutting goes. I have used the saw to cut a 45 degree angle. My cut wasn't very good but I blame my skill a lot more than the saw. I've got a few more projects around here and I'm glad I own this saw for doing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great saw, great price, September 1, 2011
Love my new saw!!!! Used it within 5 minutes of arrival. Laser isn't the worlds brightest but I can cut on a line so no sweat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, December 2, 2013
I'll start by saying I usually don't like to rate tools until after I've put them through their paces.

I've had this saw for about 6 months now, used it on multiple projects and feel now as if I can speak confidently on the quality of it. To sum it up, for the price, I think it's a great deal. The motor is plenty powerful, ergonomically speaking I can use this tool all day with no issues and the features make it plenty versatile. The bevel adjustments allow for a lot of freedom and the kerf cut indicators are good enough for most jobs as well, but if you need super accurate cuts you're better off using the ripping fence included or a miter saw for cross cuts. The depth adjustment is also really quick and easy. A lot of people on here are complaining about the weight but that's something I like about the saw, it gives it a solid feel.

As for things left to be desired I'll start with the blade. It's good enough for most things, but you'll probably want to get a finishing blade if you want really nice clean cuts. That's the case with most saws you're going to buy anyways though. On that note, changing the blade is extremely quick and easy. The laser is also junk, but I'm yet to find any kind of saw or tool that has a quality laser.

If you ask me, you're not going to gain much with paying more for a really nice circular saw, so for me the price and the tool itself are perfect.

ARRAY(0xa69bfaec)