5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent surface cover for my Wacom Splash
Published 22 months ago by Iacobus

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure if it was a bad cut, or that there are different sizes of ...
This product works, but it takes some chopping it down to fit the drawing area. It does not fit the tablet perfectly since it's a bit too large. I'm not sure if it was a bad cut, or that there are different sizes of Wacom Bamboo, but if there are different sizes, it's not very obvious. Nowhere on this page does it show fitting dimensions. Once I took some scissors, marked...
Published 2 months ago by M. Thomas

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent surface cover for my Wacom Splash, April 19, 2013
This review is from: POSRUS Wacom Bamboo Splash Pen Tablet Surface Cover (Personal Computers)
As much as I love my Wacom pen tablet, I was a bit concerned about the nibs on the pen wearing down so quickly due to the new surface Wacom is using. (Apparently this was done for a more "paper-like" feel.) I had jerry-rigged the surface using some plain-vanilla screen protectors. They worked pretty well but they didn't cover the entire active area of the tablet.

Enter POSRUS surface cover. From what I understand, they are now selling this cover that covers the entire tablet surface but they used to sell one that covered just the active area of the tablet (around 6 x 4 inches). I wanted this version of the cover and I contacted the seller about sending me the smaller, "active area" version. Luckily, they had a few left and sent one right out to me in just a couple days after ordering. *That*, my fellow shoppers, is service.

The quality of the cover is really, really good and what you would expect from an item like this. It is somewhat firm but flexible (but I wouldn't suggest bending it for fear of creasing it). The surface you use is like a matte but somewhat shiny and smooth (like Wacom's older tablet surfaces). It's quite different from the rougher surface of the tablet itself and you can definitely tell once you begin using it. I don't expect to wear down nibs like I did before anytime soon.

Since it matches (and overlaps a bit) the dimensions of the active area of the tablet, there is no guessing where exactly to put it since the Splash's active area is already marked. Just peel off the backing and the tabs for the adhesive, then press it on, gently rub the edges a bit, and you're good to go.

The "adhesive" on the edges of the adhesive is not really an adhesive per se; it's not unlike other quality protectors that use Colorform-like, vinyl sticking without glues. It can be removed without any residue and, if need be, cleaned. (It's so good at staying put, just make sure you get it right the first time as you'll have a time trying to take it off.)

This is just an excellent cover all around. If you're at all concerned about your Splash's nib wear, give this a consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, March 12, 2013
When you put the cover on, the edges aren't entirely clear due to the adhesive.

However, this is a small drawback, as the cover makes the pad much more sensitive to the Bamboo pen. The experience of writing with the bamboo was greatly enhanced. This was an incredible surprise, as I thought the cover was only meant for surface protection. I didn't expect it to make the Splash an even better product.

I would buy this surface cover again and highly recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protector ;), February 25, 2013
I can now use my tablet without worries! It was very easy to place on the tablet and it doesn't interfere with my drawings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as described, August 26, 2013
Pros:
+ Price - one of the cheaper options out there
+ Quality - on par with other screen protecters
+ Installation - simple & straight forward

Cons:
- None

Summary:
Product works as described and is at a competitive price. It is a good value and worth purchasing to protect your Bamboo Splash.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, August 25, 2013
bought it just not to scratch the pen tablet, but after installing the cover made drawing much smoother and easier. Great product and arrived in the time frame promised. Happy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Cover, August 19, 2013
B. R. Leach (Loveland, CO USA) - See all my reviews
Was a nice cover, it has stuck well and was fairly forgiving in putting it on. Just need to be careful you don't smudge it up with oily hands. Nice knowing I'm entending the life of the tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars protects my tablet, August 18, 2013
I was worried about the wear and tear that was going to be inflicted on my new bamboo splash tablet so I bought this cover. It is working very well and alleviates my worries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazed!, August 17, 2013
It shipped quickly and arrived within a week. I've been loving it, it is a great for protecting my Bamboo splash and I'm glad I spent the extra money to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, July 17, 2013
It fits the whole area used and actually makes the tablet more sensitive to touch. It was easy to install and has made my life a lot easier. I only wish I had bought this a lot earlier before I started scratching up my tablet surface.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection., June 22, 2013
M from Bellevue, WA (Bellevue, WA United States) - See all my reviews
It went on well and I can still easily use the tablet. I feel better using the tablet with this in place.