Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on November 26, 2012
Well-written and concise empath manifesto. The POWER of Your Intense Fragility, builds empaths up by encouraging them to see their sensitivities as a gift not a curse. Erika empowers us to take those gifts and to take action out in the world.

I have read many books on empathy and have perused many sensitive and empath message boards, and was impressed to read about some tools and analogies that I have never encountered before. I look forward to more from this author.
on December 15, 2012
As I read this book, I began to ask, "Erika, have you been watching over my shoulder my whole life?" It was tremendously relieving to have everything I have known about myself validated. I have always known that these qualities were beneficial to myself and society, but since I've never known anyone like me, I've always feel a little bit disconcerted by it. Now I know that 20% of people are like me.

I just have to locate them.

Thanks so much for writing this book. It's a great read.
on December 18, 2012
I knew just from the title that this book deserved my attention. I've been told in derogatory terms that I'm too sensitive. I took on that criticism because I can't tune out noise, aggression, violence, incomprehensible rudeness, loud displays of unconsciousness, inconsiderate behaviors of egotistic ignorance, and because for so long I was called selfish when all I was really trying to do was fill up with self instead of all the hype and dangerous drama others called life.

This book is inspiring, it is calming, it is educational and loving at the same time. This book makes me want to start a local group and find others like myself nearby with whom to connect that still small voice. I love the meditation suggestions in this book I've never heard anywhere else before. This book is a must have for my library.
on December 20, 2012
A light worker friend of mine told me yesterday that the human body is actually said to have over 200 senses, not just 5. Imagine the consciousness raising when the others come to light? I couldn't help but think about that throughout reading this book on sensitivities that I am SO familiar with. I felt empowered after reading the Power of Your Intense Fragility! All these years I've felt like a square peg in a round hole with all of my sensory sensitivities...and to boot, I passed most of them onto my kids. The book's message: Being sensitive to the energies of others is a GIFT not a curse. Can't wait to share it with my kids.
on November 29, 2012
The Power of Your Intense Fragility is amazing. It's like nothing I've ever read before on sensitives and empathics. It feels like being snuggled in a warm blanket, and such a delight to read all of the metaphors, stories, and connections Erika makes with being sensitive in this world. It's simply wonderful. I'm so glad it's 40 pages long, too, because I'm savoring every word. Magnificent.
on December 17, 2012
40 pages about sensitivity? I asked myself. It has to be boring, I answered myself. I was so wrong. This book by Erika Harris is far from boring. It is very enlightening. It held my interest all the way through. It is inspiring. The title didn't tell me so but as I read and turned every page I discovered it is a subject close to my heart.
Erika Harris read a book by Dr. Elaine Aron and it completely changed the way she viewed herself and how she responded to the world... What she read was so powerful that it motivated her
to gather a group of likeminded people, sensitive people with ages ranging from 20's to 70's and interests ranging just as widely.
Erika said, "We were transformed when we saw ourselves in the face of each other, when we heard our story come out the mouth of each other."
If you are a sensitive person you should read Erika's book. It will boost your ego. It will make you feel good about yourself and you will see the world in a different but energizing way.
on May 30, 2013
Thanks Erika for keeping it short, sweet and real. Sensitive used to mean separate. I love how you turned that around, to see sensitives as the 20 of the the 20/80 rule. Great metaphors throughout the book, the kind that stick and alter perceptions permanently. Also, great energy in the words and vibe. Like I said, Awesome!
on March 21, 2013
Erika is a young woman who has moved beyond the need to fit into the dominant culture, and in her book, she calls on the other sensitives among us to do the same; to listen to our inner knowing,to understand that our calling is not in the dominant culture but in our own sensitivity. A neurological, not an emotional, sensitivity that may be an evolutionary development essential for the survival of our race and our planet.
This is a smooth easy read if you have considered these elements before; if you haven't, it will be revolutionary. The most positive view of sensitivity I have read to date. Thankyou Erika, your voice is a breath of fresh air in an overly hyper, polluted world.
on April 14, 2013
The book was an easy read, yet I could not help feeling like I was back at Woodstock. I understand that our youth today has similar ideas as to how they're going to save the world, and I wish them all well, but within this book was a lack of depth on reality. For instance, what the author is really talking about is the value of family, the value of living a simple life,etc. So why not say it?

I don't feel any purpose in making this lengthy, as the book was short and sweet, so I'll just end by saying it was a quick read, and I did not learn much from it. My original interest was for possible inspiration on the subject of overly creative and sensitive people.

I applaud the author for her positive outlook.
on April 5, 2013
Thanks for providing the outlines of a great new subset of people on the planet, the sensitives. I think I am one of them, but most of my friends would not agree. This book is bold, clear and inviting. The world would be so much better if we honored this and other real groups within the human family. We spend so much time stereotyping people, without truly understand them. Race, gender and other categories do not matter as much as these powerful human characteristics.