5.0 out of 5 stars POWERWASHER 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
The pressure washer is exactly as advertised & does exactly what it says it will do. So, even though it is not the best or the most powerful pressure washer available, I rate it at 5 stars because it does a great job for a $99 washer.
* Purchased over a year ago & I use it a lot. I live in Southern CA so, I can use it all year.
* Cleaned paint, caulk & grease...
Published on November 29, 2012 by Rumble2000

1.0 out of 5 stars This is clearly not made to last very long
Published 18 months ago by cheryl lieberman

1.0 out of 5 stars This is clearly not made to last very long, June 10, 2013
This review is from: POWERWASHER® 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer (Lawn & Patio)
My wife bought this at Cotsco seemed very light weight,compared to another I have.Used it on cedar siding working nice for about an hour.I stop alot dont like to overheat motors.The pump started not kicking off when Ireleased handle.After a while I realized the handle had a leak which I assumed was the reason the pump wouldnt turn off.Tore into it and found the hose has 2 o rings to stop water fom leaking.Nothing is crimped or clamped so it almost has to eventually leak,but not this quick.I will probably try and buy another wand that will hook up to this pump,or try some new o rings,I did put vaseline on them which helped for about 5 minutes! Dont waste you money on this plastic toy!........Update,received a new handle and hose,got it in 3 days after I called a rep.It was still under warranty.I got good fast service...........Its the same part,too bad they dont listen to people and change the way its made. Ill let you know if it starts leaking.Update the new wand started leaking after about 3 hours of use,I ordered another one today.I guess they will just keep selling this inferior wand,pump is working good,pressure is good,but then again the unit doesnt have many hours on it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Massive leaking from handle., June 9, 2013
Worked well the first year, then began leaking where the sprayer gun attaches to the hose. I disassembled the sprayer to find the leak. Essentially, the hose attachments inside the sprayer came apart and there is nothing holding them together when the water pressure is applied. I tried plumbers tape but it didn't work. In the process of contacting manufacturer. If I have to purchase another one, I will do more research for better value/quality/reviews. This one did not meet my expectations for the money I paid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, even for a cheap product. Competitors better., May 24, 2014
I purchased the Simpson 1700 PSI from Costco in February of 2014 (here’s the amazon link to the product here: http://www.amazon.com/POWERWASHER®-1700-Electric-Pressure-Washer/dp/B005DSOKJ6). I needed it to pressure wash the exterior, patio, and driveway of rental homes I own. The product significantly underperformed in some key vital areas that are easily fixed for minimal cost to the manufacturer.

I understand up-front that a $140 pressure washer is not meant to be a high-quality, heavy-duty washer. I didn’t need one. What I did need was something that worked as described, which this model did not.

First, the water intake hose connection is cheap plastic, doesn’t hold a tight grip, leaks, and at the slightest movement of the washer or an increase in pressure the hose would pop-off the intake valve, requiring me to turn off the water, reattach the connector and restart. This slows down my efficiency of washing drastically. I checked other low-power, electric pressure washers, some of which were cheaper, but none of which had plastic intake or outtake nozzles. All competitors I can find had at least cheap brass, if not aluminum or cheap steel. The difference in price, couldn’t be more than a few pennies, but would in the least increase the usefulness and longevity. This cheaper model at Harbor Freight had the features I am talking about [...].

Second, the pressure hose output connector is supposed to be easily removed for easy storage. It does not. I nearly stripped the handle with vice grips trying to get it off. This is not so much because the connection was too tight as the plastic grip was such soft plastic that even my bare hand was causing the plastic to rub off.

Third, the pressure-spraying wand is supposed to be inserted into the handle for easy connection and disassembly for storage. Once the wand was inserted into the handle I was unable to apply enough counterclockwise torque to remove the wand from the handle. I nearly broke the handle up the middle by applying too much torque. Again this is a problem with the strength of the plastic used, not the amount of force applied.

Unfortunately for me the pressure washer was of such low quality I was simply unable to work for more than five minutes at a time before I would have something go wrong and I would have to stop working to fix the machine.

If you need a pressure washer, and can’t afford a more expensive one, make sure to check that the connectors are made of metal, and not plastic.

Thankfully because I bought this product through Costco and I have been a long-time member and buyer they were willing to accept a return on this item even though it had been more than 90 days, although I had only used this product once.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment with Simpson electric pressure washer, June 9, 2014
We purchased this Costco item July 2013 to help clean our outdoor condo deck furniture. worked fine two times for very brief periods right after purchase. we unpacked the washer this year, May 2014, and the machine just cycled on and off. we tried using the machine at the neighbors to double check as the manual suggests: same result. calling Simpson customer service expect a thorough interview If you are in warranty. Note: warranty is one year and purchaser pays shipping both ways for repair regardless so be advised. shipping may cost more than half the retail cost of the washer as Simpson mandates All the parts be shipped to them. we waited for Simpson to contact us after we called them and received what Simpson refers to as a "ticket" number. Simpson customer service indicates no shipping for repair is accepted until customer receives a shipping label or some such label. no contact from Simpson as of today. we are totally and completely done with FNA/Simpson and any product with their name. we returned the item to Costco today. We should have read Costco and Amazon customer reviews before purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Costco Simpson 1700 PSI, May 27, 2014
I purchased this power washer from Costco April 30, 2013 and used it twice last year to do my deck, patio and siding. I got it out this May 20, 2014 to once again give the deck and patio a good wash. However, the wand began to spew water and soap everywhere. I contacted Costco Concierge and they stated "Your product is 20 days outside of the 1 year warranty that there is nothing we can do." I then took the product directly into my local Costco location and they returned it without question. I have moved onto a Ryobi 1700 PSI from Home Depot and I sure hope that it will last much longer. I will be sure to put it through the test this year and early next spring to make sure I don't run into any issues with the 1 year warranty.

2.0 out of 5 stars I purchased my PowerWasher from Wal-Mart two years ago, ..., July 13, 2014
I purchased my PowerWasher from Wal-Mart two years ago, after going through multiple of other electric pressure washers this is my third one. It has the same issues as the others, leaky connections and handle. I took the handle apart to find cracks in the assembly between the hose and trigger, no way to repair. I don't know if it had frozen during the winter (I thought I had drained it before storage) or just deteriorated during the winter. Had to purchase a $30 replacement handle for Home Depot. The plastic connector for the water hose is subject to break if you try to pull the unit with a water hose attached to it. Luckily a washer machine hose will repair the connection between the water hose and the motor, had to wrap the 6' hose around handle to keep from getting pressure on the connector but it still leaks. I have not had the problems of overheating.

Would I purchase this product again? Probably not.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke After One Use, July 12, 2014
We purchased this item from Sam's Club. It worked fine the one time we used it last summer. We put it in storage for the winter and when we attempted to use it this year it was broken. As others have stated here the unit began to leak heavily from the handle of the wand. There was more water leaking that coming out of the jet and what was coming out of the jet was not a high pressure. I suggest that you do not purchase this item as it is a piece of junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away!, August 2, 2014
C. Barry (Haskell, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Literally one and done. Bought it locally 2 summers ago, used it once, worked fine. Stored it indoors and 2 years later, tried to use it again, and the motor fires up, but water just comes out the same with the motor on and off... no pressure at all, just the hose pressure coming through. Awful. Don't waste your money on this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap piece of plastic !!, April 8, 2014
Used one time, 2nd time, gun sprung a leak. Gun and hose only warrantied for 90 days. $52.00 to replace, would never buy again. Bought mine from Costco. Don't waste your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars POWERWASHER 1700 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, November 29, 2012
* Cleaned paint, caulk & grease stains from concrete patio, even took off embedded grime I never knew was there.
* Removed mold from diving board that no amount of scrubbing could remove.
* Easily stripped oxidation from old resin & plastic patio furniture.
* Cleaning cooked-on grease & carbon from barbecue grilles & drip pans is a breeze.
* Saves $$$ on car washes. I can wash 2 cars with the washer in less time than it took me to wash 1.
* Used it with extension hose & hydro jet nozzle to blast roots & build up from sewer line.
* Works like strip mining to remove dirt from around buried rocks where a shovel wouldn't work.
* Cleaning the 20 windows & screens on the house was an all day chore before I got the washer. Now, it only takes about a half hour.
* Destroyed my wife's stupid plant by accident when I was pressure washing the deck. Oops.
* Next time I need to change out the water in the swimming pool, I'm going to use this washer instead of an acid wash.

The only maintenance I've done is clean the filter. I wouldn't even need to do that if I'd clear the garden hose before I connect it to the washer.

Update as of March 13, 2014. The pressure washer I reviewed 16-months ago is still going strong. I have added a 100-ft hose purchased from Amazon, a 5-foot soap dispenser hose, a quick connect adapter for the water hose, & different nozzles & accessories. Used it with the hydro jet nozzle to clear the neighbor's backyard deck drains when they became impacted with mud during the recent heavy rains. Water was up to the rail of her patio door. Pressure washer not only cleared the mud & debris, but also broke through a collapsed section of underground drain pipe.