Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on November 4, 2011
WARNING - Do not buy this item and save yourself the heartache.

I purchased this card for use in my Samsung Camcorder full HD camcorder. I was leaving on a vacation to renew our wedding vows, so I thought this high capacity card would make sure we didn't run out of space. I was a bit leery of using a no name brand, so I tested it out first. Initially, it gave me a NOT FORMATTED ERROR. This was odd since I never had this problem before with other cards. But I didn't think much of it, and dutifully formatted it, and it seemed to take pictures and video fine. So I replaced my SanDisk 16GB card with this card and took our ceremony video with this card. Big Mistake!

Long story short, the card worked fine for a few days since I reviewed the videos on the plane ride back from the vacation. But when I got home to download videos into my home computers, the card gave me a YOU MUST FORMAT THE DISK BEFORE YOU CAN USE IT Error again. Obviously, I tried reading the card on about a dozen different readers and computers, all to no avail. Obviously, PQI doesn't help when I ask for help. They say send defective Card back, but they can do nothing about the data. Now I'm staring a $500 data recovery job in the face.

So here's some advice, don't buy this poorly made card. PQI must have horrible quality control because they shipped a defective SDHC card that was DOA. I guess I should have known better than to entrust my precious memories on a no-name brand with not helpful customer support.
on April 2, 2012
I purchased this card at a reasonable price given the advertisement as a Class 10 card. However, I have been unable to get the card to write at speeds even close to a Class 10. Many attempts to record video using my camera has not been successful. I get about 10 seconds of video and then recording stops. The card seems to be OK for taking pictures, but after reading reviews on other sites about data corruption issues, I think I'm going to invest in something better.
My advice would be to do the same. This card has already cost me one video memory that I can never get back.
on November 19, 2011
I picked this up pretty cheap, so that's the only reason it didn't get one star. However, this card is incredibly slow. It's slow in playback in camera to see the pictures. It's show in continuous shooting. And for whatever reason, when I try to format it in my camera, it won't work. I've never had this problem with any other memory card I've owned. If you need a lot of storage space and are shooting portraits . . . maybe. But given how many issues I've had with it so far, I wouldn't trust it with anything important.
on August 23, 2011
This 32GB Class10 SDHC memory card works very well with my Canon camera. The data transfer speed depends on your devices or card readers. My laptop SD slot only can read up to class6 speed. Therefore, I bought a card reader which capable class10 speed on write and read. After tested several times, the writing and reading speed can be up to 10~ 13Mb/sec.
on January 2, 2013
I would give this card (0) Zero stars if I could.

Purchsed this card about 6 months ago at a decent price (back then) but no it was not cheap either. It seemed to work O.K. but it was slow. Actually, very slow compared to the other cards I own which are rated at slower speeds, some even @ 6x. That's not really the issue here as I could deal with the speed as long I was not using the card for photos. What occured was that the card fell apart into 3 pieces while on vacation. This occured after only a few uses so the card was definately not abused. Contacted PQI and had to send photos to them so they would begin formal discussions to replace it under warrenty. After the photos and acceptance that the card was unusable, I had to send the card to them (No longer in CA) to Taiwan. After several months, I still have not received a replacement. Have contacted them several times via email and while receiving responses, they have dragged thier feet with one excuse after another. Now they don't have one in stock to ship out to me. Are you KIDDING. after losing the videos and photos, you would think they would just send me a 64gb to keep me happy especially after dragging me though hoops to get the card replace under their LIFETIME warranty. Here's the last correspondance as I'm still waiting to hear from them:

Dear Sir

We have received and passed it to repair.
Due to the failure of test, we expect to change another one from our stock.
However, there's no stock and need to wait for 3 days at least.
We will arrange to ship out soon once we have got the replacement.
Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,
PQI-RMA
2012/12/26

I would not use or purchase another product from them even if they gave it away for free! NOT WORTH the ink they used to print the label.
on November 9, 2014
I purchased this 32GB card mainly because I thought: (1) it was cheap for the size provided and (2) all SD cards are manufactured more or less to the same standard. Well, (1) was correct but (2) -- far from it! I have several Sony & SanDisk cards 5-10x in more use this PQ1 card and they have served me well in photography (GoPro, Sony point & Shoot, A6000) but I noticed last week the "lock" slide "nub" fell out of this PQ1 card. This should've been a warning, but I could fix it and handle the lock/no lock with out too much issue. What I didn't realize is in a few more uses the card itself , would part and a slender piece would fall out of the enclosure. Of course I recently captured once-in a lifetime photos on the card and when trying to transfer to my laptop, the card fell apart in my hands during the transfer from camera to laptop. Now I cannot read the card. It simply does not show up in camera or in laptop (I tried to "snap" the enclosure shell together in many ways -- based on suggestions form the internet pundits). Obviously, the loss of the "slender" piece was critical to its function. And now, I am without a path to regain access to this card after trying for several hours all the "tricks in the trade" so to speak. For a few dollars more, go with a "reputable, reliable" named card -- skip this if yo value your photographs or critical files. This card's enclosure exhibits that inferior QA we all have had the misfortune to come across now & again. I hope I can help someone avoid the loss of valuable data in this very negative review. I have authored maybe one or two reviews and that was for the positive aspects of a product I tried -- but this loss of data should be something of the past (20th century) and I am hopeful other may avoid the loss I incurred at the poor manufacturing and workmanship of the PQ1 150X card. For me, I will never trust lackluster media again with information (images, etc) I wish to keep!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2011
Just got one of these PQI 32gb Class 10 SDHC cards. It is terrible. Write speeds at about 1mb/sec. I am using this to store about 12gb of data and need to backup to a HD from it frequently. The slow speed may make it unusable for my purposes.
For reference, my 16GB class 6 adata card seems to be much faster. I will try again after double checking the drivers on my card reader. If I have better results, I will update my review ASAP. If you don't see an update - it means this card still is churning on the slow road.
11 comment4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
My hatred for this SD card is great. It only worked intermittently for the first week I had it and now it doesn't work at all. I've tried using it in multiple capacities and it either tricks you by working for a couple of minutes then failing or not working at all.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse