5.0 out of 5 stars Great baseline iron for occassional use.
Published 12 months ago by K. Broussard

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good...Not bad
For an iron it is OK. Small ironing (hot) surface but it does exactly what it was intended to do.
Published 10 months ago by Jimie Phares

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baseline iron for occassional use., December 12, 2013
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
For a less than $10 iron, this works great. I am an occasional sewer and needed something to press the seam allowances on fabrics. This is not as great as a professional iron, but gets the job done and done quite well. I rarely iron clothes (If it needs to be ironed I usually don't buy it) but when I need to this worked well on them too. Wrinkles come out easily...2 levels of steam or no steam...a dial to adjust based on fabric type...cord is nice and long (a huge plus as my outlets are spaced far apart in my apartment). Water is easy to add into the iron and it does not leak like other low end iron's I have purchased. Overall it works way better than I ever expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Stick Iron, May 2, 2013
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
I had bought this iron because my other one had stop working.This Non-Stick Iron works great and it is better than the Black and Decker I had before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent guest room appliance, December 19, 2013
Tim (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
It heats up and works well enough, and the price is unbeatable. But the iron itself is just a bit too lightweight, and the rubber reinforcement at the cord is thick enough that it makes the iron difficult to set down flat on its base. It tends to topple over too easily. I haven't tried it loaded with water for spray/steam--maybe that would add weight and keep it steadier--but sometimes I just want to use a dry iron without worrying about water spilling out everywhere. The temperature dial is ok, but when you're (especially men with larger hands, maybe) using it, your hands may slide across that dial and change settings occasionally. But overall, a good value for a non-everyday use iron.

5.0 out of 5 stars it worth its price, easy to use. I like it very much. I definately consider to recommend it to my friends., January 4, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Iron, April 16, 2014
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
I was looking for an iron replacement for our current one which was no longer working. This came in a timely manner and works for it's purpose. It was smaller than I had expected it to be. But for the price it is hard to complain. It works well. I do wish it had an auto shut off but again for the price can't complain. It's good for use if you do not iron much which is why i bought it. Let's hope it lasts as long as my previous iron.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good...Not bad, February 10, 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, March 26, 2014
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
The Iron in picture looks far better than the actual product. When I bought this I was expecting something of a low quality but not something so bad. The finish is terrible the iron leaks when you want to use steam, and it doesn't really get hot enough but like it says above you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, March 13, 2014
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
This is a great iron. I have never used it on clothes but it gets hot, and thats all I need it for. Good for waxing snowboards and skis.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but barely so, November 12, 2014
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
It works as an iron, but that's about it. I will continue to use it because I have to use an iron only occasionally, so it's not worth it for me to invest in a replacement right now. I had a Black & Decker iron in the past that I bought for $19 in the past, and I was happy with it so I know sub-$20 irons can be better.

My problems:

1. The water leaks. It leaks so bad that I just don't bother with the steam/spray functions. I use a separate water sprayer.

2. Doesn't get hot enough for thicker cotton.

3. The positioning of where the electric cord joins the body is problematic. When you try to leave the iron standing with the plate facing front, it won't sit securely because the cord ends up jutting onto the bottom. As a result, the iron can tip over easily. That's a potential fire hazard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small surface, feels rough and scratchy, I wouldn't recommend., December 13, 2014
This review is from: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron (Misc.)
This was a bit smaller than I expected- if an average man stretches out his middle finger and thumb as far apart as possible, the ironing surface is about 95% of that length. Also the surface is not a smooth one and when you press against cotton, it feels rough and scratchy even when the metal surface is hot and steamy. And you wonder if this is good for your $250 dollar suit you bought at Macy's with your first paycheck out of college. It works fine for the price I paid I suppose but I wouldn't purchase it again.

PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron