Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PROCTOR SILEX 17292 Non-Stick Spray/Steam Iron
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 12, 2013
For a less than $10 iron, this works great. I am an occasional sewer and needed something to press the seam allowances on fabrics. This is not as great as a professional iron, but gets the job done and done quite well. I rarely iron clothes (If it needs to be ironed I usually don't buy it) but when I need to this worked well on them too. Wrinkles come out easily...2 levels of steam or no steam...a dial to adjust based on fabric type...cord is nice and long (a huge plus as my outlets are spaced far apart in my apartment). Water is easy to add into the iron and it does not leak like other low end iron's I have purchased. Overall it works way better than I ever expected.
on May 2, 2013
I had bought this iron because my other one had stop working.This Non-Stick Iron works great and it is better than the Black and Decker I had before.
on December 19, 2013
It heats up and works well enough, and the price is unbeatable. But the iron itself is just a bit too lightweight, and the rubber reinforcement at the cord is thick enough that it makes the iron difficult to set down flat on its base. It tends to topple over too easily. I haven't tried it loaded with water for spray/steam--maybe that would add weight and keep it steadier--but sometimes I just want to use a dry iron without worrying about water spilling out everywhere. The temperature dial is ok, but when you're (especially men with larger hands, maybe) using it, your hands may slide across that dial and change settings occasionally. But overall, a good value for a non-everyday use iron.
on April 16, 2014
I was looking for an iron replacement for our current one which was no longer working. This came in a timely manner and works for it's purpose. It was smaller than I had expected it to be. But for the price it is hard to complain. It works well. I do wish it had an auto shut off but again for the price can't complain. It's good for use if you do not iron much which is why i bought it. Let's hope it lasts as long as my previous iron.
on October 20, 2015
I'd like to say I love this but after going from a silver stone coated iron to this I am sorely disappointed. I thought because it said non-stick that it would be the same. My mistake. When it came I was very surprised by the weight of it, it feels very very light weight. It is very difficult to keep it standing upright on the ironing board. Next my other iron being silver stone slid easily over every material and no matter how high the temperature was it never scorched or melted any material. Silly me, I thought non-stick meant the same thing. WRONG!! Not only does it not mean non-stick it will melt the fabric of your clothing in 2 seconds flat. Seriously. I'm here to tell you that If I like something I'm going to tell you the honest truth. Check my reviews. But if I don't I'm also going to be just as honest and this iron is not worth the time or money. Now I've lost a brand new blouse that I had worn once and a brand new dress I had never worn. Don't make my mistake, pay the extra money and buy the good iron or steamer. It's not worth sacrificing your clothes.
on April 16, 2015
it does the job, but it you fill it up with water, it does leak out the filler hole when you iron. I put a rubber gromet in the hole and that stopped the leak. For twenty five cents they could have had a great iron if they did this at the factory.
on March 26, 2014
The Iron in picture looks far better than the actual product. When I bought this I was expecting something of a low quality but not something so bad. The finish is terrible the iron leaks when you want to use steam, and it doesn't really get hot enough but like it says above you get what you pay for.
on February 5, 2016
Small enough to be considered a travel iron for me. I am a fashion stylist and always need an iron on location that can steam vertically, as well as iron. Lightweight and easy to transport, I hope this one will last. But, given the price, I'll be happy if I get a year's worth of use. It's ridiculous that some irons cost $75 or MORE! This iron is completely competent.
on May 29, 2014
Well, it works so that is a good start. Admittedly there was water leakage but as soon as I turned up the heat, that went away. I have never owned an iron which did not leak so I am very forgiving. Loved how it reached into the corners and I did not have to go over wrinkles so much one blouse tired me out! But keep in mind to let the iron heat up to its max to avoid water all over the ironing board mat! I also have an iron rest on my board so I don't have to deal with this end of cord which does not sit well on the board. Even the picture gives you a hint to what I refer to!
on June 16, 2015
I needed a cheap iron for ironing napkins. I went with this model, rather than the cheapest because of the on-line reviews. My only complaint and it is minor, it tends to splash the clothes with excess water when using the steam mode.