Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HORI PS Vita Screen Protective Filter
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on March 26, 2012
The Hori Screen Protector (HSP) is the best filter for the Vita hands down.

Pros
- Virtually invisible. Because it covers most of the Vita's front, the edges of the filter aren't as obvious as they would be if it only covered the screen.

- The material used is exceptional in that there is no percetable degradation of image quality from the Vita's gorgeous OLED screen. Again, it seems like the HSP isn't even on.

- The attached template really helps with the application. The hardest part isn't the application itself, it's keeping the Vita dust free until the very second the HSP goes on.

Cons

- As stated before, the instructions provided aren't that great. I had to go to youtube to see exactly how it's applied. Search "kazuch 0924 vita" .I found this to be the most informative, even though it's in japanese.

- Because it covers most of the front, it's easy to miss a spot (spaces between the buttons, sticks, etc.) where a dust particle can land. So check at least twice!

Overall an excellent product from Hori.
33 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 19, 2013
Installing this product was difficult for me since the area of coverage is large and the chance to misalign the filter is greater. It took many, many tries to install this without any air bubbles. After installation, I had to trim off areas that didn't adhere or were misaligned. If you can install this in one shot, you are qualified to perform circumcisions with Ray Charles shades on and jacked up on a bottle of Wild Turkey 101. But, should you be lucky, the filter works well. The screen sensitivity is not lost and you'll feel more comfortable while spewing corn chips at the screen whilst playing Madden '13.
on November 12, 2012
I'll make this review simple.

PRO: GREAT screen protector. It's perfect actually; strong, totally clear, and doesn't "grab" or rub against your fingers when you touch it, which is a problem with some protectors on touch screens.

CON: Took me over a freaking hour to figure out how to put it on!! The illustrations in the instructions didn't match the screen protector I had with me. After about an hour I figured out that my screen protector was basicaly printed backwards from the one in the pictures, and then I was finally about to figure out how to get it on. Some people here mentioned watching the instruction video, but I am currently in a part of the world where my internet is too slow for videos.
on November 9, 2013
So the package says so Easy, and for once applying a screen protector was. As intricate as the face of the Vita is with the buttons and the thumbsticks, the application of the protector was thankfully a breeze. I like the fact that the protector doesn't cloud the brilliant oled display of the vita, and I can hardly tell it's there now. Initial touch has a bit more grip to the touch, but with all screen protectors I believe will become easier to use with time with use. I would highly recommend this product
on June 27, 2013
other reviews noting that it's a bit tedious to figure out how to put on are correct. though it's written in another language it does have English written underneath. I have no complaints and I only gave it 4 / 5 stars due to the nature of the application itself and how to apply. As for the product it's worthy of 5 stars and a good purchase to protect screens.

UPDATE....7/20/13

so after a little use my son was fed up with this cover and took it right off! as much as i'd like to buy a new one based on how much time he spends on his Vita i feel it would be a waste to do so. i wish this cover would have been suitable to sustain use but he seemed to give it a good run for it's money and it just didn't last.
i gave it 2 stars b/c perhaps another Vita owner won't be so rough on theirs to warrant it's removal.
on June 29, 2012
A super product!
It's thick, (Vital for a good protector) doesn't interfere with touch screen operation, and also doesn't seem to alter the gorgeous colors of the Vita screen.

I've been installing screen protectors for years, and this is by far the best and easiest to install I've seen. The install process is not like any other, but it works better than any other so that's a plus.

I ended up with a perfect application with no bubbles or anything else under it, and it even lines itself up 100% correctly if you follow the instructions.

The instructions are a little on the confusing side, but you can find a video on YT that shows the entire process.
If you follow the video and clean your screen before application you'll have a professional looking result.

This is also one of the rare protectors that can be lifted partly to remove a lint speck or the like without destroying the protector.

Buy it!

EDIT:
I just had to replace my first SP (7/2/12) after someone allowed a coffee cup to fall onto the screen of my Vita from about two feet high. It only made a small scratch in the protector and did nothing to the screen. Score one for me. The second protector also went on perfect and looks super. Well worth the $ and a great install.
on March 25, 2014
I finally got around to putting this on my vita. This protector goes across the whole front. There are circles cut out in the necessary places.

The application instructions are not easily understood, but once it clicks, its very easy.

I didn't like the cleaning pad that came with it, instead I used a better one. Make sure you get this thing spotless or you will have air pockets. This is the most important step. You should be able to hold it up to a light at different angles and not be able to see anything. No dust, no smudges, nothing.

The protector is attached to a guide. This guide has cutouts that fit along the buttons and the D pad very snugly. This is lining up the filter. Then there is a yellow tab on the top that is sticky. Fold it over the vita. This will hold the guide in place. Then you pull the instruction tab towards you slowly. This will expose the sticky side of the guard. Using a credit card or the cardboard they send you, push from the back to the front as you keep pulling the instruction tab. Once its set, if you have any bubbles, inspect them. If you see a dot in the middle, you have dust, pull it off while keeping the yellow tab attached, clean the screen again, and try again. If they are just air bubbles, you should be able to push them out using a credit card or the cardboard they gave you.

Remove the other tabs around the edges to have them sit nice and push the edges with the cardboard.

Works first time, every time. But again, the most important part is to make sure the screed is CLEAN! Any dust or gunk will form a bubble.
on November 5, 2013
They only give you one and if you mess up your done. It sucks too cuz it looked so good. I'm pretty sure if your good at putting these things on it'd be great. But its not for first time dummies like me. Maybe get a cheap one first and when you got it down go to this one. Had no back part so yeah, but get whatever you want.
on September 3, 2013
Directions are not very clear and immediately after I got the thing on and used the "application card" to get out all the air pockets underneath, it was all scratched and looked horrible. I immediately removed it. You're a lot better off just getting a regular screen protector that you just lay over the screen area, the quick and easy ones that you line up by eye. This product is way over-thought and no more effective than the stuff thats been used for years and a lot easier to get on in the first place.
on September 6, 2013
Product doesn't fit well and you can tell it is low quality, very disappointed. Bubbles to easily slider that came with it was weak, all in all very low quality threw it in garbage ordering a different product.