5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and easy
Picked this up at an airport along with a tip for my phone while travelling when I realized I had left my charger behind. It's small enough that I carry it with me every day, and will recharge my phone from dead to full in about 20 minutes. I've since picked up a tip to charge my ipod, and that has been working great so far.
Published on January 3, 2010 by K. Brauning

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says...
But sadly nothing more. I thought I could use this to charge and do a data transfer but no. It's just a charging device.
It does charge devices that utilize this port but you can't use it to transfer data also.
Published on October 26, 2011 by GMG

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed accessory, February 10, 2014
This review is from: iGO PS00271-0001 USB to iGo Charging Cable (15 inches) (Personal Computers)
I'm not aware of an iGo USB charging transformer, so I've always been limited to using the numerous tips with their corded wall or car products. It's even my understanding that iGo does not wish to produce pluggable, USB-capable chargers. This cable allows me to use any power supply with a USB output.

Some have mentioned disappointment that this does not provide data transfer capabilities between the attached devices. This is undoubtedly intentional. Cables that allow a target device to be recognized as data-capable typically charge at a lower rate, supposedly to prevent rapidly draining the batteries in the host, source device. If you want the highest charge speed, you want a non-data-capable cord.

This is well made, a good length, and includes the two-tip holder which I'd broken on my original. I bought two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mistake!, January 17, 2014
Well, I certainly made a mistake ordering this cable. I called myself researching what I needed...the pictures didn't let me investigate the female end of the cord and, as a result, what it appeared to me to be was not at all compatible with my device. I would have had to pay return shipping that would have cost more than the product, so now it is sitting in my office, taking up space and gathering dust. Don't know if it works or not...would love to find somebody to give it to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easier to carry than a charger!, January 17, 2014
With USB ports available in lots of places (on Laptops, on mains "wall warts" and even car radios), it's easy to find somewhere to get power to charge a phone (or other tech device), and it's easier to carry this cable plus the appropriate tip than an actual phone charger!

4.0 out of 5 stars good for travel, September 22, 2013
iGo products are the best -- with a single cable and respective tips for devices it really cuts down on travel mess,

4.0 out of 5 stars does the job., May 21, 2013
long cord works well ,,,well made,,, easy to handle. nothing more to say about a good product that works as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, January 23, 2013
the item works but it is short(witch i prefer), it is great for any one with a big collection of tips. you need to buy some though it does not come with any tips.

2.0 out of 5 stars too short, January 3, 2013
I bought this a while back, it charges well but its super short, what can you do with a cord of this length? Nothing! It's no use...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product works well., December 29, 2012
Not much to write other than it shipped fast and worked well. This cable went well with "iGo Power Tip for Original Amazon Kindle and Select Sprint Smartphones." I use it to power my bluetooth audio kit from Belkin in my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, does what it's supposed to, December 26, 2012
Using it to get bluetooth to work in my car that just has a cassette adapter. Solid, snug, does what it's supposed to.

3.0 out of 5 stars Charger only, no data transfer, August 10, 2012
I bought this because my boyfriend accidentally stepped on my iPod charger and I saw so many great reviews for this product. Unfortunately, I missed the two three-star reviews that would have prevented me from purchasing it.

On the plus side, I e-mailed iGo technical support and received a response within a day, so kudos to them for that! However, I was advised that the charging cable and power tip were only for charging, not data transfer. I'm also still skeptical about their claim that the solid amber LED means that it is charging when I'm used to it blinking during charging, but I guess I'll drain my iPod this weekend and test. In the meantime, back to the drawing board...

Rate and Discover Movies