5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, February 12, 2009
W (Kaneohe, HI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
This Keytronic keyboard replaces the low profile keyboard that came with my HP Pavilion d5000t PC. I found it difficult to adjust to the HP's low profile keys and decided to replace it with this Keytronic standard keyboard that has the old style high profile keys. I like the tactile feedback and the key spacing of the Keytronic much better than the HP keyboard. However, because keyboards are a matter of personal taste, I can't recommend it to everyone. I recommend you try a keyboard before you buy it. I took a chance and bought this one without trying it because it's relatively inexpensive. Fortunately, things worked out ok for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard (alas ps/2 is on the way out), June 2, 2011
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
In the old days they made great keyboards; now most keyboards are mushy. This is a solid keyboard with good tactile feedback. Alas it is ps/2 native so either pick up a converter or make sure your motherboard has a ps/2 connector (mine does but I noticed with sandy bridge a lot of the motherboards are starting to drop ps/2 connectors)

3.0 out of 5 stars Backslash Key Not Where I'm Used To, March 27, 2013
J. Goldberg (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
The keyboard itself is fine. Feels solid. Grips the desk well. Nice responsiveness to the touch. However, I should have looked more carefully at the layout before buying. Key Tronic has a large L-shaped Enter key which they accommodate by moving the Backslash key up one row and shrinking the Backspace key. As someone with 20+ years of finger muscle memory, moving those two keys is akin to flipping the gas & brake pedals in a car and re-learning how to drive. Not fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Keyboard *Could* Be Perfect, December 4, 2011
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
This keyboard has a high quality feel to it. I needed a keyboard with a PS2 connection, so I ordered this one based on the reviews for it posted so far.

Why didn't I rate it five stars? Well, in the short time I have owned it, my A key is already starting to fade away. The company who created this did a fantastic job on everything except for the painting of the keys on the keyboard. Although my former Logitech keyboard does not have as good a feel to it as this one, every single key has retained its letters after years and years of usage. Why is my A key fading away only after a few weeks of usage? You could have a done a better job than this, Keytronic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent for what it is, but be aware of PS/2 plug size, October 2, 2011
Brad Wilson (Fayetteville, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
The keyboard works fine, and it's not as mushy as most keyboards in this price range. Don't expect the same feel as buckling springs, though. My primary concern is that the PS/2 plug is greatly enlarged for no reason around the middle, making it connect to my KVM switch at an angle pushing against the VGA connector, and I imagine it would not work at all on some motherboards if it were close to other connectors in use. The white paint lettering on the keys reminds me of keyboards from 25 years ago, but how that reflects its durability I can't comment yet. Also be aware it uses the small backspace and L shaped enter key style, which may or may not be to your liking. It's unfortunate so few PS/2 models are still being produced to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid keyboard, March 31, 2009
GB (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
I was looking for a reliable, high quality, standard PS2 keyboard, without any fancy multimedia- or OS-specific keys (I'm dual-booting Linux and Windows). The KT800P2 is just that. It has a solid feel, and the tactile feedback of the keys is just right.

Also bought 3 Keytronic 2MOUSEP2L optical mice, and gave them 5 stars as well. Keytronic makes good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, July 17, 2011
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
I am a software engineer and can type close to 100 wpm. I had a Microsoft multimedia keyboard and didn't like the feel of it. The reviews for this keyboard impressed me so I thought I'd give it a try. The keys have a good feel, is not too noisy, and seems to be well built. Recommended for the business professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good construction., July 20, 2010
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
We use a lot of keyboards and this one handles well with a good construction. It is anticipated that it will last longer than the lettering on the keys.

4.0 out of 5 stars LIke slipping into your favorite pair of broken-in shoes, August 6, 2012
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)

This is Key Tronic model KT800P2.

The only reason I rated this a 4 instead of a 5, is because I just received it and therefore don't know how long the nice action and letter paint will last. It looks and feels sturdy though. It reminds me of the old PS/2 keyboards that used to come with IBM PCs back in the old days. The Backslash key is in the upper extreme right, the Enter key is the large L-shape kind, the Shift keys are double width, the lower-row Alt keys flank the space bar; everything is where I'm used to it being. I was immediately comfortable with it, which is good because I write a lot of SQL queries and program code.

I bought two, and now I'm going to order a third one so I'll be set for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keyboard is like a rock, February 5, 2012
Nealson (BISHOP, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Cable Keyboard In Black (Personal Computers)
Toughest and cheapest keyboard I could find. The resistance of the keys holds up to 1,000's of hours of typing and video games. After 3 years my old one was so dirty I decided to buy a new one instead of removing all the keys to clean under them. I will keep the old one for a backup because it still works with no issues.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›