4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PS2 Memory Card

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT A GOOD CHOICE
Published on May 25, 2009 by NEW YORKER

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PS2 Memory Card, December 20, 2008
Proteus42 "Proteus" (Siloam Springs, AR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS2 Memory Card 128MB for Playstation 2 (Personal Computers)
This card is huge. Basically sixteen 8 MB PS2 memory cards in one card. Had some issues saving Kingdom Hearts 2 on this card, but I basically just used one of my other 8 MB PS2 memory cards instead and copied the saved data from that card onto my 128 MB card and was just fine at saving more files after that. That's the one reason it's not 5 stars. Overall though, if you're worried this card won't work or something just make sure you got a 8 MB memory card handy. I do highly recommend getting this card. Every game I've saved on this card has worked just fine except KH2. Maybe even get 2 to back up all your saved data in case one card gets lost or destroyed. Hope this helps anyone thinking about getting this card

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT A GOOD CHOICE, May 25, 2009
When I saw it had 128mb I thought it would be great. Believe me, it is not, in fact it is awful. My PS2 won't recognize it, my games won't appear in my son's console, it says it is unformatted but when you try to format it, it won't work. I know it is cheap and gives you a lot of space but also a lot of trouble. My advice is get the SONY bundle(2 for $28), more expensive but quality guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+ card, if it doesn't work for you read this, April 27, 2010
If you insert the card in your PS2 and it doesn't work, untighten the screws on the back of the card a bit. (there are 2). you will need a precision philips screwdriver.

Put the card into your PS2 and boom, it works! Someone else suggested this and it worked like a charm. Seems like they are tightened too much at the factory and in some way, it interrupts the memory on the card.

This card is great, holds a ton of memory, the most you'll need really. Haven't had a problem with it since. Fairly sturdy for what it is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Card is Great, December 13, 2009
Thanks for the person who suggested to loosen the screws on the back of the item. I, too, had trouble with the card - I certainly was thinking twice about buying. But what were the chances? Games would take forever to load and would often not find the required data, but would eventually when prompted several times. I took the suggestion of unscrewing the screws a little bit on the back of the card and have had no trouble so far. For those who have reviewed it negatively, give that a try!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says so far., February 21, 2009
I was hesitant to buy this memory card because of the inconsistent reviews of "my carrying case" memory cards, but this thing is working perfectly. Saves and Loads games with no problem. Sony made a fortune with their puny 8MB cards. This is the exact same dimensions, and it holds 128MB. It seems they ran out soon after I bought mine. Sorry! I would definitely recommend this company and their memory cards based on the price and mine working perfectly with every game I've played so far. I'll update this review if the status of my card changes.

*UPDATE*
Stopped working after a couple months of use. Sorry for the long delay in updating my review :^\

4.0 out of 5 stars Use a small jewlers, December 11, 2009
Most people don't relize that these cards
are massed produced,and put together tight.
The two very small phillips screw at the
backside just need to be loosen up in most
cases. just a little bit; enough so you can
hear or feel the memory board inside move.

Hope it worked for you.

take it easy,

Tony

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: NOT A SONY PRODUCT!, May 11, 2010
Zarel "Zarel" (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Be warned... the information page indicates that this is a Sony item, but not only is it a third-party item, but nowhere on the packaging does it indicate just who made it! (Stupid me for not carefully reading the reviews beforehand...)

By putting the package model number (HC2-10080) into a Google search, I found that nobody else seems to know the manufacturer either!

Plus, there are multiple reports of the memory being slow and unreliable. I might just have to return this... $20 for a knockoff, and a probable junk one at that? Hmm...

Amazon, change your manufacturer line... the Sony name doesn't belong there!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, September 28, 2011
128mb for a decent price may seem enticing, but don't give into temptation. I've since learned the hard way after almost immediately running into recognition errors. Whenever inserting the card into slot 1 or 2, my PS2 would respond with "no memory card inserted" or similar error messages, and no reliable fixes to remedy the issue. In the end, I'm out both the money and time-invested save files that were on a now useless card.

Anything more than one star would suggest this product holds any merit whatsoever. Avoid this product and opt for something that, while likely more expensive, will at least WORK.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, but finicky, December 26, 2011
When this works, it works fine. However, I am using one of the original models of PS2, and it can be pretty finicky at times. essentially, the contacts don't align quite right. It works properly about half the time, the other half I have to fiddle with it a bit. Just wedge a slim piece of cardboard or something underneath it, that generally gives it the necessary leverage for full contact.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unlicensed problems, February 3, 2010
It's a great product, it does what it says...except you have to do some weird preparations before it's ready for regular use. When I first bought it, I thought I'd been duped; the games didn't recognize it, the system didn't recognize it, GameShark saw it as an unwritable 64MB memory card. What I ended up figuring out, is that Gran Turismo 3 has a memory manager in there, and once you move a working save file onto the memory card, the games and system magically start working! So after that bit of work, totally worth the buy for its size and the convenience that comes with that [ never have to use another memory card again! =) ].

PS2 Memory Card 128MB for Playstation 2