PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle
Price:$407.95 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on September 4, 2013
In late 2010 or 2011 I think it was I bought this bundle mostly because it was technically cheaper than buying a BluRay player because it does alot more than just that, over the last few years I've come to realize how much better this is than Microsoft's Xbox 360 and let me tell you I wish I would have gotten this in the first place instead of the 360, I've rarely ever had it freeze up on me.. maybe 3 times since then because my room gets hot, the online gameplay is free unlike Microsoft charging a subscription for their multiplayer, unlike the Xbox 360 you do NOT need a subscription just to watch YouTube Netflix or browse online (keep in mind you need a Netflix subscription to watch it on anything).

Think about it.. why would you pay for a outdated DVD player - (Xbox 360) when you can get the Playstation 3 that is a BluRay player, DVD player, CD player, a Playstation 1, free online multiplayer and is a great media center, the Playstation 3 also has better graphics and I'm not just saying it, I have both consoles and I can literally see the difference, I'm not sure why these Microsoft fan boys put down the Playstation and brag about the Xbox but the Xbox doesn't even begin to compare to the Playstation 3, if your looking for a system for home entertainment THIS IS IT!!!!!!

I highly recommend you do NOT buy any game system used, buying used electronics can be a big mistake, you can be buying one burnt out, stolen, some may not even work in this country (region)
you wont be saving money, you'll be wasting it.. if you must buy used try craigslist

Also if you happen to buy used and your Playstation 3 has the YLOD I would like to explain the YLOD (Yellow Light of Death), it occurs when there's not enough thermal paste between the CPU/GPU and its heatsink causing it to overheat almost instantly, it can also cause freezing, and a FPS (Frames Per Second) drop, DO NOT TRASH YOUR PLAYSTATION 3 OVER THIS ISSUE!!!!!, its an easy fix but it requires you to open the Playstation 3, take the heatsinks off and scrape the old thermal paste off and coat the CPU/GPU with new thermal paste with a light layer (only enough to cover the chip) and put everything back and it should be good to go for a few more years depending on your temperature where your playing, putting too much can make it overheat also.

I mentioned this because I see where alot of people buy these used and get the YLOD thinking they have to pay $70+ to have it fixed, unless you want to be ripped off (unless its still under warranty) for about $10 for the thermal paste and a little work you can fix it yourself and save $60
on July 9, 2013
Verified Purchase
People ask why did I buy another PS3 when I already have one and 2 Xbox 360s and a Wii and the PS4 will be out this year.
Answer: I NEEDED AN AWESOME BLU-RAY PLAYER.

Yep, if nothing else, the PS3 is an awesome Blu-ray player. Fast load times, plays 3D, web connected and updated, tons of apps. And if you already have a PS3 and a bunch of games, a back up console now is not a bad idea.

I'm not gonna go all into the details of a PS3. Honestly, they've been out forever and what hasn't been said already?

This particular 320GB Slim w/ UNCHARTED was a daily deal for $250 and it would have been about $120 just for a comparably good BD player. I do still take issue with the fact that 99% of downloads cannot be done in the background and the controller sticks have convex tops which lets your thumbs slide off. I gotta knock it one star for those stupid controller sticks, non-removable batteries, non-background downloads and still no IR. Btw, the PS4 controller has concave sticks and background downloads.

Anyhow, this was an awesome deal. Probably one of the last chances to get a Slim since Sony replaced it with the Super Slim. Which I read to be of lower quality.

For those wonderring about the differences between the Slim & Super Slim:

The Super Slim is the newest, smallest and slightly more efficient (10 watts less usage) model. It is also considered the "cheapest quality appearing" model with it's super thin plastic case and manual slide open door. Often suggested that Sony made those changes while keeping the selling price the same to make a better profit. It also has a slightly louder disc reading sound due to the thin case, but quieter fans. Hard Drive size can be 160 or 320 for the Slim and 250 or 500 for the Super Slim. All else is the same between the two.

I wrote a rather negative review a few years ago on the PS3 because that PS3 went in the theater room where we often entertain and where putting up with long downloads that tied up the device and dead controllers was unacceptable. While that remains an annoyance, if you're putting your PS3 in a set-up where those annoyances don't mean much (like me placing THIS PS3 in the bedroom) then there really isn't much to complain about.

And as far as buying a PS4 or Xbox One, NO WAY JOSE. Learned my lesson with the 360 RROD fiasco. I will never buy another gaming console until it's been out at least 2 years. Up yours Micro$oft!!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 16, 2012
Verified Purchase
To start this review, Ill say im 27 and have been gaming since atari. I have played or owned almost all systems since. Loved the ps1 and liked my ps2, but after trying out an xbox and Halo I was hooked and ended up selling the ps2 and buying a Xbox. I ended up prefering that style controller of the ps style but was on the fence between 360 and ps3, and in the end the 600 dollar price tag ended up talking me into the 360. I love my 360 and the controller I liked on the original is now Perfect(my opinion).

Flash forward to 2012, The Ps3 at 300 bucks with this game thats supposed to be amazing and a 320gb hard drive. In the End, all these exclusives ive missed out on, i pull the trigger and as i said in the title no regrets. Uncharted is every bit as amazing as i was told(almost through the third one now, bought the double pack 1 and 2 so I could experience it from the beggining.) Ive got Metal gear solid 4 on the way, enjoyed those games in the past. The blu-ray player was a big selling factor for me also, as I finnaly decided it was time for one and my dvd player was worn out anyway. The Ps3 has tooken over all movie duties now, and its performed very well for this also.

To sum it up, this is deff the deal to jump on if your looking for a ps3, you cant go wrong with Ps3 or Xbox.(and if you can afford it, I recommend both.) Ill now sum up some possitives and negatives ive experienced with both systems and/or opinions.

Ps3

Pros

Free online
Looks to be a bigger selection of great exclusives than the Xbox
Blu-ray
controller is way better for fighting games due to xbox garbage dpad
Web browser
Hard drive options
better hardware support such as logitech wheels
It doesnt affect me as I use the pay for xbox live to play with my friends already, but I think its bs Microsoft expects people to pay for live memberships if all there interested in is say netflix or the like. If your someone with no interest in online gaming, but wants to use netflix and other apps the ps3 is deff a way better buy for you.

Cons
Uncharted 1 didnt run as smoothly as expected, minor hang ups, HD was noisy the whole time and 1 total freeze. 2 and 3 ran perfect.
controller doesnt feel anywhere near as nice as xbox for fps
Even though the online is free, I prefer xbox dashboard, online setup, and most importantly for me(as I only play online to play with my close friends) Party chat over playstations setup.
really wish i could save my games to the hard drive to avoid wear and tear on the ps3 as i do on my xbox, some games require that you do, so theres a long install process before you can even play the game.
If you dont have the very fast Internet, you will also prob be frustrated with many updates you will do, Updates are generally much bigger file sizes on the ps3 over the xbox.

Now if everyone could just stop complaining about which system is better and enjoy playing games, we'd be golden.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I am new to the PS3 and I am very happy about buying this bundle. The game system itself is great for me. I've played L.A. Noire nearly all day and after reading reviews about older PS3's getting over heated, I felt the top of the console and it wasn't even warm. The content on the games for the PS3 in the games I've bought so far is excellent. No memory sticks or troubles with this version PS3 console. It looks really nice and works great. There is so much to enjoy on this system from Blu Rays to games to online content. It's going to take me a long time to even utilize what they system can actually do. The games with the addition on the special cable you purchase for HD TVs make the graphics life like and so realistic that I can hardly believe these are games. The controller for my PS3 is easy to work and I am enjoying the dual shock controller.

This system is a console that you can grow into. It isn't going to be obsolete anytime soon so I really like that about it. The PS2 got old fairly quickly after it's initial purchase, but with all the content and extras that the manufacturer provides, I think it will take a long time for this system to get old and there is always new things to get such as motion bundles and different controllers.

I am super happy with this system and I am enjoying the cool games and graphics. I haven't done many extras so far but will in the future. Uncharted is super fun and very interesting. I can't say enough good about L.A. Noire, for an adult player, it's super fun and amazing. Great system. I am enjoying the rainy days indoors playing my new games.
on February 11, 2012
I'll start off by saying that I'm not a hardcore gamer, I am very much so a casual gamer who picks up the control from time to time. I'll also add in that I'm an X-box 360 and PC gamer and have never owned a Playstation (neither ps1 or ps2). I decided to get a PS3 on a whim; I had money and a gift card and so why not right? Anyways here's my attempt at a review:

Playstation 3:
First of all, compared to my friends old PS3 mine is so much nicer, slimmer, and aesthetically pleasing. As far as having free access to online gaming, that is a major advantage to the console. The Blue-Ray Player works really well and I can also stream my movies and music from my PC. I would suggest buying an HDMI cable for a full experience and beautiful HD gaming; I bought a good $15 one. It comes with one control so if you have friends you might want to buy another. The user interface of the Playstation menu is simplistic and doesn't try too hard like the X-box 360. All in all, it's a great console. I have purchased several amazing games specific to the PS3 so don't worry, there's a game for us all. As far as the game that comes with it I shall review that separately.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception:
I can't even begin to say how amazing this game is and how much I was blown away by it. I'm normally an RPG and shooter gamer so when it came to playing an adventure game I was a bit skeptical. The skepticism was immediately dropped at the intro fighting sequence. The graphics and visuals were so good and transitions between gameplay were so smooth that I didn't know if I was still watching a cutscene or actually playing the game. I don't normally play games for more than 3 hours in one sitting because I get tired but I ended up beating this game in 2 days and then continued on to play online. The storyline was exciting the gameplay was fun and the overall experience was satisfying. Even if you already own a PS3 I would still recommend this game.

Overall though, the bundle is amazing and this is the perfect game to get you excited to explore the world of Playstation. I hope everyone enjoys this bundle as much as I have!
on January 23, 2012
Verified Purchase
Excelente servicio el de amazon realmente vale la pena comprar sus articulos estoy muy satisfecha mil gracias!!! el producto me llego rapidisimo a venezuela, utilice la conexion con Liberty Express muy buen servicio tambien, lo mejor de todo es que mi hijo ya esta disfrutando del equipo estamos muy contentos con esta compra. :)))
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2012
Verified Purchase
The PS3 console is the most incredible I've played, the graphics are stunning and beautiful. The Uncharted 3 is funny and easy to play. I have a LED TV and the PS3 graphics engine is amazing
on January 13, 2012
Verified Purchase
I've switched from XBOX360 owner to a PS3 fan, there's so many reasons why, but mostly by the lack of XBOX360 support in my country, that didn't happened since I own a PS3, regardless the clean, organized and well done XBOX Dashboard, I really like PS3 better than XBOX... I mean, FREE online gaming!, plenty of online contents (game demos, themes, extra content, etc) and beautiful graphics... I just love it, I give it a perfect 5 star rating!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 10, 2012
Verified Purchase
Fast shipping, totally awesome product, Highly recommended. The price was great and the bundle was wicked. I recommend spending a little extra to get the best and don't regret about it later.
on November 13, 2011
Verified Purchase
I'm not sure why anyone would buy the regular 320GB version when you can get this for the same price and it comes with Uncharted 3. The game was just released, and without a doubt one of the better cinematic feasts for the PS3.