5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent system and amazing game bundle to boot.
Published 9 months ago by Edvin Dzafcic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a playstation.
Published 6 months ago by John Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent system and amazing game bundle to boot., March 24, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
Well if you are looking at this review you know that this is the last gen gaming system from Sony, and right now is a great time to own one as the library of games is huge. You start your collection with one of the best games released in a very long time. The Last of Us is a single player and multiplayer game. However, most of the focus for this game is the incredible single player found within. The story, characters, and environments are amazing the game play is intense, and it comes with the system to begin. There are a few DLC releases for it, and Left Behind is a single player prologue to The Last of Us, but the actual game should be played first as it contains some major spoilers.

The system it self is the 3 major refresh of the hardware it comes with a top loading disk drive, 500gb HDD, and a single controller. Whats really odd that even to this day they do not include a HDMI cable it is silly; however, one can't really complain about it as we all have some somewhere around the house 3 bucks on amazon.

I paid $269.99 and I am replacing a 6 yr console that is on its last legs, as I have a very large library I thought it was time to get a new machine to finish up some of these games. If you are buying this for a child of yours old enough to play a M rated game they will have a system with a vast library of games to chose at a very low entry price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact size, March 20, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
This PS3 is significantly smaller than the original PS3. I purchased this a few days ago for my handicapped brother-in-law. It allows him to have interaction with others through the internet portion where he can speak to people during the game, without having any issues of being judged for having a physical handicapped. He really enjoys the games and his last game console died after 4 years of constant use, so we decided to get him another one. It came with a game that he said is "awesome" and he's stopped obsessing over his broken console. That by itself was enough reason to spend $300 on something.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a playstation., June 8, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
I wanted to play GTA V and it does that well enough. Last of Us seems like a good game. They always advertise the ps3 standing up but you have to open the top cover to load the disk, so laying it flat is the best way to go. If you ever used a Nintendo or a Genesis or a Xbox or a Playstation 2, it's pretty much the same thing as far as how you store the thing. It comes with one wireless controller. It doesn't come with an HDMI cable. You can surf the web if you're connected to the internet, but it's a chore to type anything into a search engine using the controller. You can transfer music, photos and video files to the hard drive using a flash drive. Downloading anything from the Playstation store is really slow if you connect to the internet using the wifi. Looks like ethernet cable is the way to go. The ps3 has a huge library of games and most of them are cheap somewhere online. Most games on Amazon are between 15 and 20 bucks. I'd say right now a ps3 is a bigger bang for your entertainment buck than a ps4 due to the lack of games for the ps4. I'm happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice system for the money., June 24, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
Its a little different looking than our original slim version but hey who cares as long as it works. This system does come with an actual game CD not a downloadable one as others have listed. We purchased this game bundle for $269 with free shipping from Prime. Item arrived in 2 days. Everything works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, March 22, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
I purchased this bundle because the price was good and I'd heard great things about The Last of Us. The PS3 itself is pretty light and doesn't take up a lot of room. Neither my boyfriend nor I had ever owned a PlayStation console before and were surprised the controller is so light. We have a Wii U and a DS, but we both tend to play more PC games than anything. We've both been playing The Last of Us and it's a really good game so far. For those who haven't owned one before, It was simple to set up and the store is easy to maneuver. There's also some apps to download, including Amazon Instant Video. It took a less than a minute to connect to my account and we streamed three episodes of a show with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome console, but verdict's not out on the game, April 10, 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
Bought this 500gb slim PS3 for my husband's birthday recently. He'd sold his PS2 and library of games a few years ago, and has regretted it since, so I would say this made him quite happy.

It was pretty easy to set up and came with a black wireless dual shock controller, but no HDMI cable. I also got myself a red wireless controller from Amazon (much cheaper than here in New Zealand). This console has 2 USB ports.

Now for the review of the game (understand that this is from someone who hasn't touched a PS console or game in years and was more into FF and racing car games):

So, my husband started playing Last of Us that came with the bundle and while it's not really his genre, he was amazed by the detailed graphics (reflections in puddles of water, shadows etc.). Also, he quite like that it's movie-like with a storyline. However, not long into the game, he encountered a hitch where an essential key that was supposed to have dropped from a dead body couldn't be found. He got a bit frustrated searching, so I googled it and found out it may be a glitch. Sure enough, after restarting the encounter, the key appeared this time.

Then, come the next problem. Fight 6, I think. He's looked up a Guide and Walkthrough on gamepressure.com, but just can't seem to get past that stage without dying. Apparently, there's no use retaliating once the clickers (what they call the infected) are on to you. Even though it auto-saves and restarts at a close restore point, it gets tiresome real quick, especially if you've tried and died over 50 times in less than an hour. Although he admits he's simply not adept at games such as these, not with the FPS style or blood and gore.

I know this game garners great reviews, and he may still try to play it, but ultimately, I suppose he'll probably just palm it off one of his mates.

Regardless, for the price of the bundle ($269), the game's basically a bonus. Shipped using FREE AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping and it arrived in a week. Sweet!

5.0 out of 5 stars This PS3 bundle is amazing! I did swap out the 500gb drive for ..., August 29, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
This PS3 bundle is amazing! I did swap out the 500gb drive for a Adata 512gb ssd and it was blazing fast (as fast as it can process). Highly recommend this product as it comes with an excellent game also.

5.0 out of 5 stars I purchased this bundle because the price was good and I'd heard great things about The Last of ..., November 15, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap made and top load feel like it can break easily, October 18, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
Still the same great ps3. I gave it a 2 stars because this model is the cheap made feel like a cheap toy that can break fast. I also don't like the top load because it can get dust inside easily. The top load make it the disk spin louder than the previous model the original slim. Im reselling this to get the original slim that I had for 5 years and it was still working just find until I drop it on the ground while packing and moving stuff to my new house. Bottom line is get the original slim it look better and build better.

5.0 out of 5 stars different but good!, October 24, 2014
This review is from: PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle (Video Game)
this is our second ps3 and i have to say its quite different than the first one. the disc goes into a sliding door on top instead of going in the slot in the front. also has texture on the top so you can not put skins onto it and the base screws in instead of just placing it onto.

but regardless that is just cosmetic and it does function quite well! have yet to play the game that came with it though!

PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle
PS3 500GB The Last of Us Bundle by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$269.99