5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal.
This is a really good deal. The new PS3 is great, it is so small. I purchased this bundle to replace my 60gb PS3 that recently failed on me. This new console is quiet, small and works just like any other playstation. There are no new features so I don't see a need to upgrade your old PS3 but if you are in the market for a new PS3 it is great.

Assassin's Creed 3...
Published 22 months ago by Dan2002sk8er

3.0 out of 5 stars The only reason why they sold it . . .
the product I bought was OK in condition but apparently had some hardware malfunctions causing the screen to glitch, I ruled out a hardware problem of my TV because I used a different TV and I ruled out a software problem since I system restored and defaulted everything. In any event I can still play but it suck that frame glitching ruins the quality.
Published 9 months ago by Khang Le

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal., October 30, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)

Assassin's Creed 3 is amazing, I have played it for a few hours now and all I can say is wow. This game really is deserving of the 3 moniker. Brotherhood and Revelations felt like expansion packs for AC2, but this game is the true evolution of the series.

I chose this bundle since I needed a new Playstation and I was planning on getting AC3 and I saved $10 off the price of AC3 this way and I managed to get a larger Hard Drive as well. The 500gb should be great, my 60gb was full and I had to constantly delete and re-download some of my games to manage space.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've waited this long to get a PS3 here is your reward, November 6, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
As a long time Xbox 360 owner I decided to sell my old system and move onto the PS3. My logic was that I was going to buy the Assasin's Creed game anyways and selling my Xbox and all the old games I don't play practically paid for this bundle.

The system: A far more attractive black box than my roommate's original PS3, it looks aestheically pleasing and sharp sitting on my TV cabinet. The PS3 is very quiet (especially compared to the leafblower fan in my original 360). It comes with a wireless Duelshock 3 controller and a controller charging cable. The cable is very short and likely impractical for gaming while charging. The good news is once charged these controllers have FANTASTIC battery life. I thought I would have a hard time adjusting to the PS3's smaller controller from the Xbox 360, not the case. The controller is very comfortable and in my opionion looks better than the Xbox ones. Sticking with the theme of short cables, the power cable from the PS3 to the wall was also pretty short and barely reached the outlet. Not a huge deal but could be improved by Sony. The system comes with standard definition cables only, another cost cutting method no doubt. Luckily I had an extra HDMI cable and you'll want to make sure you have one if you have an HD TV (please don't buy one for $50+ at a retail store, get them online or ask your cable guy if he has an extra in his truck next time). These new PS3 systems have a plastic cover on top that acts as a sliding cover for the disk tray. This fixes the problem of disks being unremovable if the system has a technical problem. The cover feels and looks kind of cheap, but from a distance it doesn't really take anything away from the sharp looks of this system. The system is packed with a 500gb hard drive, which is just massive for a console. My Xbox was the 20gb original so I feel like I have limitless space for games and demos. I do find it odd that games need to be installed, but it's a minor gripe.

The game: I've only watched my roommate's play the other Assasin's Creed games, so this is my first go playing one. I'm having a hard time putting it down. The story is more engaging than the others, combat improved, and the graphics are very sharp. This is a great game that will keep you busy for a long time. If you're buying the bundle you probably know plenty about this game already so I won't go into detail.

Extras: This bundle comes with a 30 day trial to Playstation Plus, a premium online service. You'll need a credit card to use the trial and be wary of it auto-renewing once it's up. PS+ lets you download full versions of certain games as time trials, get automatic updates(not sure why this feature is "premium"), and certain other exclusives. I don't see myself using it as ditching the Xbox live fees was one of my motivations for switching.

Overall: If you're an Assasin's Creed fan and needed an excuse to finally buy a PS3, this is it. The bundle is a great value for the money. While not perfect, I do like this system more than my Xbox and the game it comes with is one of the best this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you don't have a PS3 or want to upgrade, this is your deal!, November 10, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
I've been an Amazon.com shopper for well over 4 years now, and I follow the Warehouse Deals section constantly, looking for the best value.

This package supercedes ANY deal I have ever seen for a PS3.

I've seen last years Black Friday deal for a PS3 bundle with less memory, minus the Playstation Plus trial, for $350+. I've also seen a 160 GB offered for the same price as this bundle.

You get everything in the Assassin's Creed 3 bundle that you need to play right out of the box, PLUS a 1 month Playstation Plus membership (which, in this owner's opinion, if you're a gamer at all, is a must-purchase for a year ($50). Just since March, I've gotten TEN retail games for free, $600 would have been the retail cost, even at $20 a piece that's $120. That's not to mention the various discounts and FULL game trials you receive as well, along with early access to demo's, and much more.

One note about this PS3 vs. the other models. The "tray" to insert your game/DVD is now on the top. No more sticking it in and ejecting it. If you've got nosy/playful children, they might get a little *too* playful and wreck this newer system. So take that into consideration when deciding whether to go with the 2nd model or this one.

Of course, this system also comes with Assassin's Creed III, which is a triumph in gaming. To be able to go back to an "alternative universe" with the American Revolution, but keeping the heart of AC beating, for 20-40 hours of gameplay (at least) along with post-DLC support is well worth the investment. And, if you're not an AC fan, just list it for $40 brand new and people will beat down your door to buy it!

Bottom line: If you've had your PS3 for a long time, or have one of the older models (ESPECIALLY the fat one, unless you have it to be able to play PS2 games ;), don't even hesitate. Unless this bundle is priced at $199 on Black Friday, there isn't a better PS3 deal around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart move by Sony, November 3, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
Sony did exactly what should be done to update a product, they looked at the biggest issues - 1.) The previous console had a tendency to overheat and 2.) If id did overheat, it was impossible to get your game out before sending it in for repair. To counter these problems they - 1.) Made a lighter, smaller, more efficient system and 2.) Made a spring operated release for the disc drive. After the obvious fixes, they outfitted it with a massive hard drive (500 GB) and bundled it with one of the most anticipated games of the year. All this for a reasonable price tag of $299.99. What more could you ask for? The console is amazing, much better (in my opinion) than the slim. It runs AC3 flawlessly and is whisper quiet. I would highly recommend this bundle as a first time buy or an upgrade. It is without a doubt worth every penny.

Pros: Virtually everything. Nice design, huge hard drive, new disc drive, smaller, quieter, ect.

Cons: Still comes with ONLY the composite video/audio cable, no HDMI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, October 30, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
This was well worth the money spent.
I spent about $250 for a 120gb PS3 "slim" when it originally came out, but man....This is an amazing deal. An extra 380gb of memory plus a free game for just an extra $50 compared to the original sales price when the "slim" model came in 2010.

It was wonderful when it arrived. It actually came a day earlier than it's supposed to. In fact, it actually came about 24 hours earlier than it should have. The box was nice and secured, they left it at the front office, since I was not at home at the time, and picked it up.

I opened the box, and the box looks just as it was in the picture, amazing. It came with the 30-day free-trial of PSN+, however I did not like that they asked for credit card information to activate it. The Ps3 "slim" was impressive. I compared it to my old one, and wow! It was so small compared to it. I was thinking, whilst looking at the new Ps3 "Wow, now THIS is a Ps3 slim!". I hooked up all the wires, and had it working. The new disc slot is cool, press a button and it actually slides open, my only gripe is that it basically is just manually shut. Other than that, the system runs perfectly fine. It's incredibly quiet compared to my old Ps3, and just more aesthetically pleasing.

All in all, I recommend this product for buy as a replacement, or a gift for the holidays. I mean, think of it. It's around $250 for 120gb, about $279 for a 180gb, $299 for a 320gb, but come on! for the same price of a 320gb Ps3 you could get an extra 180gb and a free game! So buy it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars the best deal on a ps3 (bundle or not) i've ever seen!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
first of all, wow! this is the largest ps3 sony has ever offered, and the price is definitely right. having it bundled with a very recent triple-a title makes it a product that more or less sells itself.

there are comprehensive reviews for AC3 in other areas, so i will leave this review to the system itself.

actual storage space: it is a 500gb system, however upon installation, it would appear to be far less. yes, there is always space taken for the operating system, however this one had a larger than usual chunk. out of the 500 gigs, there were only 465 at the outset. i'm glad to have this system, but i doubt it takes a full 35 gigs to run it. so be forewarned.

appearance: i, personally, don't care about appearance, but yes, it does appear to be a little cheap looking compared to my 120gb slim it replaced. the system feels a little more breakable, and the disc drive has a manual open/close (well, you can push a button to open it, but not to close) panel. i don't like that the lens is exposed to the elements while the cover panel is open, but i understand why they did it (to always have access to the disk inside, in the event of system failure). i have the system on its side, and i have no trouble with the panel. i'm sure the ridges on the panel side of the system are to more easily grip the surface to push/pull it open/closed.

noise: when first starting a disk, it is a bit noisy, but after it has done the initial reading of said disk, it gets much quieter than my previous system.

heat: i had heard that this system ran cooler than previous generations, but i'm not sure how true that is for me. it seems to be pretty warm pretty often, but we DO run the system quite a lot for multiple uses (i.e.: games, netflix, blu-ray).

data transfer between systems: i had found a great website that detailed quite clearly how to transfer one system to another, so i was fortunate there, however there were a few things that didn't go as planned. the new ps3 did NOT retain all my settings (resulting in a hilariously tiny gameplay window that took a while to figure out). the data transfer requires both systems to be connected to your television simultaneously, and i would HIGHLY recommend changing the new ps3 to an HDMI port, and the old one to another slot (either an alternate HDMI or, in our case, composite slot). we did not know to do this, and it was the cause of some of the setting issues.

the data transfer estimate time should be taken with a huge grain of salt. we were transferring about 80gb worth of data, and it said it would take around 1 hour and 45 minutes. the total elapsed time came in around four hours. just be forewarned that you will need to set aside some real time to make the transition.

the system runs quickly and well, and i am SUPER happy with all the extra storage space. previously, i had had to delete game data off my system just to install new games, and i won't have to do that here (unless i go game bonkers).

if you think about how the price breaks down, it's pretty awesome: $60 retail for the game, and about $.50 per gb of storage. not a bad deal at all. and honestly, if you aren't a fan of the AC series, you could always trade the game back in to amazon (though the reviews for it have been solidly stellar).

i would absolutely recommend this system, and i am (mostly) really pleased with the data transfer utility that sony provides on the systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, October 30, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
Brand new game that's AAA, 500gb hard drive in a new body that's 25% smaller and consumes less power. Great deal and value for an upgrade or buying for the first time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, December 4, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
If only I had waited until Black Friday we would have saved $100 at our local game store. Arrived quickly and packed great. Please remember to buy the cabling you need it doesn't come with HDMI or other cables you may need.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal., November 27, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
I think that this may be worth it alone for the HD space. However, when opening it I noticed something that instantly bugged me. It does not look sturdy at all...
The lid looks like to could be broken off at any moment and the sides seem to have the same look about them. Now of course this is an expensive electronic, and you really shouldn't be tossing these things around anyways. I am just saying that if your idea was to buy this for a younger child I might go for the Slim model that was made before this, they seem much more sturdy in my eyes.

If you have the proper TV you may want to buy an HDMI cable or component cables as the console only includes composite cables. Also, if you want to chat online you may want a bluetooth headset. Just about any bluetooth should work, just don't plan on using it often as the online community isn't all that talkative. This may be due to the fact that the console doesn't come prebundled with a headset.

Oh, and Assassin's Creed 3 comes with it as well...

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are you reading this? Buy it now!, October 31, 2012
This review is from: PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle (Video Game)
I never upgraded to the slim ps3 and figured it was time to upgrade from the original bulky version. I was amazed at the size difference. It is extremely small in comparison to the original and about 25% smaller then the slim. 500g of harddrive space makes it useful to store movies, music, and games off of the PS3 Store. I highly recommend Assassin's Creed III as well. Have not played too far into the game, but so far it lives up to the previous two games and you notice a few minor improvements in the amount of NPC's on the map as well as the combat system. If you are purchasing for someone who does not already own a PS3 make sure to buy a HDMI cable as this does not include one. Add to cart now!

PS3 500 GB Assassin's Creed III Bundle