Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale

on December 28, 2010
This component caeble worked perfect. On my PS3 I have two outputs. I have an HDMI and also a component output for the two television. On the PS3 you have to go into the setting to swith between the HDMI and the component inputs. Other than that this piece of equipment works fine.
on May 22, 2014
One of the main reasons I purchased this cable over others on Amazon was the fact that it used black bands on the casings that would make it easier to quickly identify the video vs audio cables (specifcally the red). I didn't want to have to trace the cables to figure out which was which. The item arrived and had solid colored connector casings defeating the purpose of spending an extra dollar. It was also a different brand than listed and had nickel plated connectors as opposed to the gold or copper shown (although, in all fairness, the description didn't say what kind of connections were used--but they were visually different than what I received. I'll be posting pictures to this listing.

I decided to see if it worked to see if it was worth the effort of exchanging it. The cable was DOA. I did a decent amount of testing to make sure it couldn't have been anything else (testing other things in the TVs component port and trying the standard composite cable to test the PS3).

I'd recommend looking for a different cable. This one seems to be sub-standard and you'll be taking a gamble on what you get.
review image review image
on May 14, 2011
Unsatisfied with this product. Each time I turn on my PS3 there's always a buzzing, sometimes it's loud, sometimes it's quiet. The picture is alright, but I see lines slowly moving up and down the screen, and the color is off sometimes.
on July 21, 2014
The cable did "work" on my older HDTV but it had some ghosting issues. By that I mean you can see a duplicate of what's on the screen just slightly shifted an inch or two... but it was not enough to stop me from using it. I found an older PS2 Component cable that I forgot I had and it ended up working perfectly.
on August 23, 2011
Awesome Product!!! It allowed me to bring back HDness to my PS3 when my HDMI port broke. I would reccomend this item to anyone else w/out and hdmi port with HD capabilities
on February 19, 2014
I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to electronics.. I often see reviews that state 'such and such' doesn't work, don't buy it.

Well, I have to say...this cord is awful. The actual connection to the device is loose (so I had to keep adjusting and wiggling it just to GET a picture)...after it was all secure, color was washed out so one of the cords was not working....

I went to Wal-Mart, picked up a $20 cord and it works perfectly. Tried so save a bit of money, ended up wasting $10 on this one. P
on August 31, 2013
I tried these with 2 different TV's and 2 different Playstation 3's. I went into the menu and told my ps'3 to broadcast on component. I had to stop using HDMI because I have a little known glitch where the HDMI cable constantly resets my Sony Bravia, but I can get Component output working just fine. These cables simply did not work. My tv would recognize that there was an input plugged in but would display no picture or sound, I borrowed my friends cables and got perfect sound and picture.
on August 6, 2014
I bought these and got a big old box of disappointment. The Component cables i got where the out of the ps3 box cables. and whats worse was the fact that they are already broken.. the only color i get when i run my PS3 through these is green and its hard to play RPG's where your health bar is red when all you have is a massive gray blob. Spend the extra money and buy a decent set of HDMI/S-video cables and spare yourself the disappointment. -5/10
on July 28, 2012
I recently bought this and it arrived at my house fine. I pluged it in and then i noticed i could only hear the sound out of my left ear cup on my headset, i later then realized when i moved the ps3 component cable i could hear out of the right one so i had to get duct tape to fix it. Overall if your looking for a ps3 component cable DONT BUY THIS yours may be broken or worse
on July 31, 2014
not good for my area, was a waist of money, sorry.

See 1 answered question