Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: PS3 Component Video Cable
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on May 22, 2014
One of the main reasons I purchased this cable over others on Amazon was the fact that it used black bands on the casings that would make it easier to quickly identify the video vs audio cables (specifcally the red). I didn't want to have to trace the cables to figure out which was which. The item arrived and had solid colored connector casings defeating the purpose of spending an extra dollar. It was also a different brand than listed and had nickel plated connectors as opposed to the gold or copper shown (although, in all fairness, the description didn't say what kind of connections were used--but they were visually different than what I received. I'll be posting pictures to this listing.

I decided to see if it worked to see if it was worth the effort of exchanging it. The cable was DOA. I did a decent amount of testing to make sure it couldn't have been anything else (testing other things in the TVs component port and trying the standard composite cable to test the PS3).

I'd recommend looking for a different cable. This one seems to be sub-standard and you'll be taking a gamble on what you get.
review image review image
on December 28, 2010
This component caeble worked perfect. On my PS3 I have two outputs. I have an HDMI and also a component output for the two television. On the PS3 you have to go into the setting to swith between the HDMI and the component inputs. Other than that this piece of equipment works fine.
on July 21, 2014
The cable did "work" on my older HDTV but it had some ghosting issues. By that I mean you can see a duplicate of what's on the screen just slightly shifted an inch or two... but it was not enough to stop me from using it. I found an older PS2 Component cable that I forgot I had and it ended up working perfectly.
on May 14, 2011
Unsatisfied with this product. Each time I turn on my PS3 there's always a buzzing, sometimes it's loud, sometimes it's quiet. The picture is alright, but I see lines slowly moving up and down the screen, and the color is off sometimes.
on August 6, 2014
I bought these and got a big old box of disappointment. The Component cables i got where the out of the ps3 box cables. and whats worse was the fact that they are already broken.. the only color i get when i run my PS3 through these is green and its hard to play RPG's where your health bar is red when all you have is a massive gray blob. Spend the extra money and buy a decent set of HDMI/S-video cables and spare yourself the disappointment. -5/10
on February 19, 2014
I'm usually pretty lucky when it comes to electronics.. I often see reviews that state 'such and such' doesn't work, don't buy it.

Well, I have to say...this cord is awful. The actual connection to the device is loose (so I had to keep adjusting and wiggling it just to GET a picture)...after it was all secure, color was washed out so one of the cords was not working....

I went to Wal-Mart, picked up a $20 cord and it works perfectly. Tried so save a bit of money, ended up wasting $10 on this one. P
on February 16, 2013
I used this for my Playstation 2, so I could get better video for my HDTV.
It works as you'd expect. You can get up to 1080i, but the only game that allows that, is Gran Turismo 4.
Otherwise, you can only get 480i, unless the games you have allow 480p.

Check out this wikipedia page for more information:
[...]
on August 31, 2013
I tried these with 2 different TV's and 2 different Playstation 3's. I went into the menu and told my ps'3 to broadcast on component. I had to stop using HDMI because I have a little known glitch where the HDMI cable constantly resets my Sony Bravia, but I can get Component output working just fine. These cables simply did not work. My tv would recognize that there was an input plugged in but would display no picture or sound, I borrowed my friends cables and got perfect sound and picture.
on February 24, 2014
I purchased this item so that I would be able to use HD on my tv (the HDMI port malfunctioned). This cord gives me perfect sound, but no picture. Tried it on a roommate's tv, and couldn't get sound or picture. I ordered a Monoprice component cable as a replacement, hoping that gives me better results.
on September 2, 2014
This cable was terrible quality. There was lost of Ghosting in the screen, some colors are better than others. Once I plugged the HDMI back in, I could tell a huge difference. The Component cable is blurry from far away too, just an awful cable. I could not recommend buying this.

See 1 answered question