Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2011 10:05:06 AM PDT
L. Tran says:
With all the new ps3 console deals coming around from Walmart, Target, Radioshack and Kmart (all of the stores include a $50 gift card with a purchase), will Amazon follow suit and do something similar?

I am currently in the market to buy a ps3 and would love to buy it on Amazon if they could match or beat out these deals. If not, what do people recommend that I should do?

Should I combine all the coupons from kmart and go home with a bunch of games? Should I go to target and use their credit card and save 5% on top? Or should I just wait to after Thanksgiving when other deals flood in?

Thanks for the input guys.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 4:15:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2011 4:33:43 PM PDT
Do you have a link to the Walmart and Kmart ones? I was already aware of Target's $50 promotion. Also pretty sure Radioshack is doing something different and just marking it down to $200 for Black Friday along with a $20 gift card.

Would love it if Amazon tried to match these deals with their own $50 credit because Amazon is tax-free in my state.

edit: found the KMart one

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 4:18:28 PM PDT
M. Thomas says:
I'm in the same boat L Tran. Except i have a lot of Amazon gift cards, so I am hoping we get a good deal on here soon!

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 7:46:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2011 7:50:38 PM PDT
L. Tran says:
The Kmart deal is in their ad for next week (11/6). You can see the Kmart deal if you Google Kmart Gamer and check out the site that's listed. Kmart has the Uncharted 3 system this week bundled with the Uncharted Greatest hits dual pack.

And I apologize about the Radioshack deal. I forgot that it's 200 with a $20 gift card but it's for Black Friday. I also believe I was wrong with Walmart. They're bundling it with an extra controller. Frys has the Uncharted system bundled with Battlefield 3.

I'm just surprised that Amazon doesn't have anything yet. I am a huge fan of Amazon's business model and customer service. So I was hoping something will come along in terms of a deal for Ps3 consoles since it seems numerous competitors are giving away great deals. It's just interesting to see Amazon not leading the pack.

I'm also wondering if it's worth buying a ps3 now or wait for all the black friday deals to come out.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 7:49:31 PM PDT
L. Tran says:
Also right now, Acebeach has the ps3 160 gb system for $229. Not much of a deal considering all of the other discounts from other stores that either going on or will happen.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 8:28:20 PM PDT
L. Tran says:
Sorry to keep rambling on.. but according to cheapassgamer.com and endgadget, there seems to be a holiday bundle coming out this year for the ps3 that includes the 160gb console, Little Big Planet 2 special edition, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One game, and free 30 day playstation plus subscription.

Maybe that's why there's so many deals from other stores going on for ps3 systems right now. They're probably trying to move inventory before these holiday bundles come out.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 11:59:37 PM PDT
Macready says:
Target's gaming deals for the week of Nov.6:

160GB Playstation 3 - $249.99 w/ $50 Gift Card
4GB Xbox 360 Bundle - $199.99 w/ $50 Gift Card
Call of Duty: MW3 Xbox 360 Bundle - $399.99 w/ $50 Gift Card
Buy Xbox 360 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and get the Xbox Live 12-month subscription card for $39.99
5% off everytime you use Target credit card

Posted on Nov 6, 2011 7:59:30 AM PST
BAH says:
I am waiting for black friday because there will be plenty of better deals than the ones today. Hopefully amazon has the best deal.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 2:24:40 PM PST
Sweet, Amazon listened and put up a $50 credit. Saved me a trip to Target.

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 2:59:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2011 3:50:16 PM PST
MrMan says:
Keep in mind that the 160GB version might be the old model. The new 2011 model is CECH-3001A/B and I can confirm the Uncharted 320GB bundle is CECH-3001B. So maybe the 160GB model is CECH-3001A? That might be another reason they are clearing inventory. The biggest plus is the new PS3 is lighter and uses less energy (200@ versus 230W). It also removes the wifi LED and backlighting on the buttons - minor changes, but things I am glad are removed as I find more lights annoying. I wanted the latest version since my 80GB got the YLOD and figure the it has the most kinks knocked out! Anyway, I guess it's up to you if double the space and a guaranteed newer model is worth $50 extra to you (I say $50 since the Uncharted 320GB bundles come with the game which cancels out the current $50 promo deals).

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 11:04:41 PM PST
do you guys think the deals will get better or should i just buy it now?

Posted on Nov 8, 2011 11:32:16 PM PST
A and B just indicate hard drive size. A=160 B=320

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2011 11:33:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2011 11:34:33 PM PST
L. Tran says:
Well rumors appear to be flying over the net about a holiday bundle that includes little big planet 2 and ratchet and clank and possibly psn plus for 30 days. You can find the article on endgadget's website. Also, there seems to be a possibility of a 200 dollar price point for this holiday bundle as well. So, in my opinion, if you need one now then amazon seems to be your best option. Otherwise, if you can wait a few weeks, then why not see what's in store for the holidays? After reading up about everything and looking at all the deals, I think I'm going to wait

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:08:12 PM PST
Michael L. says:
O wow that $50 makes it a tempting offer. I think ill wait a while too.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 9:11:17 PM PST
JR says:
But you can easily return if BF deal is better??

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 11:15:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2011 11:16:00 PM PST
M. Cortes says:
Wal-Mart just released their Black Friday ad(some really good deals, Batman Arkham City for $28 anyone?)...

http://www.gamertell.com/technologytell/article/walmarts-2011-black-friday-ad-preview-is-now-online/

They will have the holiday bundle(160gb ps3 slim w/Ratchet and Clank All 4-1, LBP 2, and Playstation+ 30day membership) for $199.96.

As I have absolutely NO interest in those two games, and with you having to pay tax, I'm starting to think I should go for Amazon's current PS3 160gb w/ $50 credit deal. That or maybe hope they add a $50 credit to the Uncharted 3 bundle. Idk.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 2:21:20 PM PST
Are those Walmart ad's for in-store only, because It's an hour drive to my nearest Walmart. Hopefully Amazon will price match. I definitely want Arkham City.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:53:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2011 1:54:05 PM PST
MrMan says:
Plus the Walmart offer is limited and you have to deal with all the drama of trying to get one too. The 160GB is the best deal if you don't care about the space. You can easily get that and Uncharted 3 for ~$50 less than the Uncharted 3 bundle. I doubt they will add the $50 credit to the bundles. So ultimately, you have decide if the extra space is worth $50 (plus the possibility of getting an older model 160GB as the 320GB are all the new versions).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 2:44:32 PM PST
Bobby G says:
Well, they added the credit to some Xbox bundles, so perhaps.

Wal-Mart's deal is in-store only, from what I've heard.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 2:58:13 PM PST
saskamazon says:
that's the bundle I'd like to get .... throw in Batman AC for $30 & you've got the whole system +3 games for $250 .... sure hope Wal Mart Canada offers something close ...

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 3:35:30 PM PST
Mr.Freeze says:
Those holiday bundle look great, but they sold out so quickly, it's unbelievable! The Wii lighting deal just out from Amazon earlier sold out in just 1-2 minutes! I ordered a PS3 from Amazon yesterday, so now I don't have to worry about missing out on a good deal ($50 credit is pretty good). If I waited till Black Friday to get my PS3 and miss out, I might miss this current deal too, because it's not going to last long.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 4:25:16 PM PST
FB01 says:
Mr Freeze,
I also bought yesterday from amazon.
What games you are planning to buy

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 5:06:43 PM PST
Bobby G says:
Also, Target is having a black friday deal:

PlayStation 3 160GB System
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One
LittleBigPlanet 2

$199 total. Good luck getting it though.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 10:14:22 AM PST
Thanks for the info Bobby. Yeah, I'm pretty sure either Amazon is gonna price match the 160GB Bundle on Black Friday, or gonna offer something slightly better. Last year they went pretty crazy with that. I don't think it'll be a lightning deal either, but they still might sell out fast. Either way, I'll risk it and stay home in front of the computer vs. facing the crowds.

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 10:45:22 AM PST
So I am thinking about this bundle i am making up. What do you guys think?
Uncharted PS3 bundle, Little big planet 2 Move bundle, Controller, Move wand, and navigation. Totals over $500.
Still undecided on maybe only getting the 160 gb. I am not ultra serious gamer and i don't plan to keep movies or music on the console. But my kids will play it when they get older. I like racing games and rpg.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  26
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Sony Playstation 3 160GB System
Sony Playstation 3 160GB System by Sony (PlayStation 3)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,096)