Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 19, 2011
This is pretty sweet.

Works great.

Very simple and low profile design.

Excellent quality, sturdy built.

Was thinking about the Playstation 3 Energizer Power & Play Charging System but happy with my decision

The thing that turned me off from the energizer charger is that the controllers flop around and it's kind of flimsy.

One thing that no one has mentioned or is not pictured here is that this comes with 2 clips made by Sony.

The clips actually attach flush with the controllers and stay on.

They are what hold the controllers in place while on the stand.

It's actually pretty cool.

The clips kind of add a round funky look to the controllers, but they are really low profile.

I was worried that I would have to keep these next to the charger but these stay on pretty well and look good.

Definitely happy with that part.

The one bad I can come up with is that I am not sure--and the manual doesn't
say--whether after being fully charged the stand shuts off the power to the controllers
so it does not over charge/ruin the battery. This is a deal breaker and needs to be addressed.
77 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2013
The charging station basically works but as others have pointed out, it is completely impossible to get replacements for the clips that attach to the controllers. It is also fairly easy to break them, especially for a child. When you remove the clip from the controller you have to pull/slide it straight out, such that the USB plug slides cleanly out of the controller. Unfortunately if you don't know that, or are not paying attention (most kids), the inclination is to slide a fingernail under the clip and try to pry it off. This breaks the USB plug. We lost one because a friend of my son's tried to take it off to synch the controller with a different PS3.

Without the clips the charging station is useless.

This is a major product issue and customer service failure by Sony. The unit should probably be packaged with 4 clips, not 2; and replacements should be available at some reasonable cost.
55 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
This charger is the same excellent quality as Sony's PlayStation Move Charging Station, but for your DualShock or Sixaxis controllers. One thing to note, this is not compatible with silicone controller sleeves, even the Sony licensed sleeves. A controller sleeve can be stretched to allow the charging connector to fit properly, but there is not enough clearance to allow the controller and sleeve to fit into the charger.

I've also purchased Sony's Wireless Keypad, and I'm sorry to report that it cannot fit on the controller while the charging connector is connected, even though the keypad does not connect to the USB port of the DualShock controller. I leave the keypad unattached in general due to this, and it now seems silly when I could otherwise use any Bluetooth keyboard. I already had the Logitech Cordless MediaBoard Pro, and I enjoy using it more.
33 comments|29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2012
Product arrived very quickly after ordering, even with free super saver shipping. Item was in great condition. Would recommend if your looking for a charging stand for your PS3 remotes and wanna save some money
on January 14, 2012
This product exceed my expectations about design and quality, very well designed and very well made this is the perfect solution for recharging the PS3 wireless controllers don't waste your time and money with third party sellers who offers similar products!
on September 21, 2011
Like most Sony products, these chargers are great quality and easy to use. I am glad I got them, they are much nicer than the cheap ones my friend has.

You cannot use the mini keyboard on the controller with these chargers, though, you must remove it to put the charger adapter on.
on May 23, 2012
Had this product for about 6 months now.

Charges and stores my controllers without any issues.

Has 2 little snap on attachments that hook in to the top of each controller that are inconspicuous and look as if they were meant to be on the controllers from the very beginning.

The controllers "click" into place onto the base.

The base of the charger is a lot heavier that the top, so your controllers are held firmly in place without having to worry about them falling out/tipping over.

I've read so many reviews on other chargers where people complain about how the unit stops charging their controllers before it's fully charged, not charging at all, or just non-stop charging.

I'm 100% satisfied with this product.

It's an official Sony product, and most of all, IT WORKS.
on November 8, 2013
I like this charger.. it's a bit nicer then the last controller charger I had. I like that the controllers fit in very easy to the slots on the charger. It is kinda weird how they do because you have to attach a piece to the controller that connects to the part of the charger that actually charges the controller. The piece doesn't come off the controller very easy, so if you have more than two controllers, it can be annoying to take off that attachment and put it on another and there is not way, that I can find, to buy an extra piece to put on the extra controller or two. It would be more expensive that it's worth to buy an extra charging station for maybe one extra controller, plus I would assume it would be a lot less expensive to just buy the extra attachment if it was available.

I would really like to see that since the Dualshock 4 has a different socket then the Dualshock 3 does to charge it, that they release the attachments to be sold separately. It would be great to be able to buy just one extra adaptop for my third Dualshock 3, and then two for my Dualshock 4 so I don't need to buy a seperate charging station for the Dualshock 4. If it turns out later that they are selling the adapter later or already are, I would very much appreciate it if someone replys to this review with a link to somewhere I can buy those. Thanks!

Other than those issue, the only other problem that I have with this charging stand is that when the DS3's are done charging, the lights just turn off so it kinda makes you wonder if they are fully charged at all because when they are charging, the lights on the DS3 flash. So it kinda looks like they are just dead so it would be nice if there was some sort of green light next to the controller slot that made it obvious the DS3 was completely charged.
on January 20, 2012
Before I would have my ps3 with cables dangling and controllers would be hanging off shelf. This Charging station solved a lot of issues; organizationally and usage.

When I'm ready it's ready. When I'm done i just slip it back on the base and charging commences. Pretty sweet.
on December 26, 2011
I never write reviews but considering what i saw some people say on here i had to write this.

First of all i just got this at Best buy, it's on sale at the moment for $19.99. I WAS going to get Power Stand Charger for PS3 after going over every charger on this site. That one has almost flawless reviews and it stops charging the controllers when they're full, so as not to damage the battery. Then i saw one person on THIS item's reviews mention that this one also stops charging. So i figured I'll just get Sony's. I got enough lights lit up in my room anyway, i didn't need another and Sony's doesn't have any lights on the stand itself.

As for the stand itself, It looks alot nicer then i thought from the pic, and it's smaller then i thought too. The contours of it make it look real nice just about anywhere. I really recommend just getting Sony's brand of charger, especially right now while best buy's got it ten bucks cheaper.

As for why i'm actually wrtiting this review, I saw quite a few people mention that it's hard to get the controller OFF this stand. All i have to say to that is get some help. Learn to read the manual maybe? Like it says, tilt the controler forward before u lift it up..... I don't know what's wrong with the people that said that but my controller comes of the stand with ZERO effort. And it took a whole 10 seconds to take it outta the box and set it up / figure it out. >.<

UPDATE 6/24/2012: It may just be mine, but i think it's the fact I smoke and second hand smoke is leaving a layer of residue on the connectors (kinda like how with smokers white walls eventually turn tan/yellow which is why my room's been repainted a blueish gray). But eventually this thing stops charging when you put a controller in unless you fiddle with the controller, tilting it to the left. BUT.... when that happens just take some rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip, and wipe down the connectors on the thing that clips on the controller, and the connectors on the stand themselves (if you push in just under them with your finger you can make them pop out more w/o a controller in). Just wipe each connecting strip a couple times, leave them sit with the alcohol on them for ten seconds max then dry it off with the dry end of the Q-tip. After that it should work like new again.

Please don't refuse to buy this on that... I'm just saying this for the sake of it it's probably only releveant to smokers anyway. And it's not like i have to clean it all the time.... more like once every 6 months