5.0 out of 5 stars To those concerned about purchasing after 3/31/2013
If you're concerned about the voucher being expired and not getting everything you paid for, please read this:

[...]

They have extended the voucher until 3/31/2014.

Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Description
Published on December 6, 2012 by G. Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars To those concerned about purchasing after 3/31/2013, May 13, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

[...]

They have extended the voucher until 3/31/2014.

Yes, it is still annoying that it doesn't come on it's own disk but I can hardly complain for the price I paid(at the time it was $34). Even if it didn't come with the two PSP games, it would still save me money over buying GoW 1, 2, and 3. Adding in the fact that you do also get the PSP games, and you're getting an amazing buy on several amazing games, 2 being DLC or not.

But just to be clear, they have extended the vouchers!!!

EDIT:
They have re-extended these voucchers once again until 3/31/2016

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the God of War series - 1 star for the download voucher = 4 stars, August 30, 2012
BAH (Long Island, NY USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
What can I say about God of War series that hasn't been said before? It is an amazing game series and is a must have for all gamers. It has a great story especially if you enjoy Greek mythology like me. I think it has the best boss battles in video game history and I am being serious. There isn't anything that I don't like about the games.

What I don't like is..... Finding voucher to download God of War Origins. I always prefer disc version over download content. I actually thought I was missing a disc after I opened it. It doesn't say anywhere in the detail description or even on the game case about download voucher so I thought it was very misleading for Sony to do that. I know exactly why Sony did that though... They want people to buy NEW so they get the profit and stop people from buying/selling used. However, it bothers customers like me who feels like I was duped and I never had any intention of ever selling God of War Saga.

Hey Sony.... Next time, put an asterisk on the cover and say " *God of War Origins comes as download voucher".

*Edit: After reading the tiny (font size 0) licensing mumbo jumbo on the back of the box case, Sony makes reference to God of War Origins voucher. It is hidden under all the video support, online pass, licensing, distribution, trademark and other lawyer stuff garbage that nobody really reads. Sony is sneaky.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Description, December 6, 2012
G. Hanna "cartvader" (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
I jumped at the opportunity to pick this package up on sale but was bummed to find that there was not PS+ code, game manuals, and that 2 of the 5 Full Games advertised on the front are actually download codes. I have not issue with that if it is clearly marked. Additionally the voucher included has an expiration date of 3/31/2013 so if you plan on picking this up make sure to redeem the code before it expires - oh also the terms of when the code is valid is also subject to change without notice, I would hate to pick this up and not get the 5 games promised on the front cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Downloadable games now Expire 3/31/2016, January 30, 2014
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
Well so far so good but, the main reason i wanted to write this is to let people know if you get a new copy, your code should be Valid through 3/31/2016.

Also i finished God Of War: Chains Of Olympus in 7 hours and it was a blast.
+Fantastic Combat
+Ok Story
+Easy to learn Controls
+Easy Plat for trophy hunters, just finished last night and i'm 4 trophies away from the Plat.
- Wonky Camera sometimes can't see the whole place so you could get hit.
- Of course the fact that these games are downloadable instead of just throwing extra GOW Origins Discs in here. (8GB)

God Of War Chains Of Olympus 8.0/10.
Will rate the rest of the games when i get to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bundle, March 28, 2014
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
Great game, awesome package, many hours of gameplay. For those of you who are wondering the DLC is still active and will be until March 31, 2016 so you have an ample amount of time to redeem the code.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you need to catch up on GoW, this is the way..., February 23, 2014
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
...until they release a new compilation that includes Ascension (and maybe even Betrayal). That said, this is a great way for someone like myself who has missed a few games in this seminal series to get caught up with souped-up versions at a great price. However, if you are all GoW'd out - or already own most of these games - you may not feel the need plop down the cash for this latest collection.

One last note: The Origins Collection component to this package (the PSP remakes and a directors interview video) is only available for download via a code provided with the game. This is strange to me, seeing as how it seems the South American release included those games on actual disks as well. Regardless, there was a big hubbub about this since some people were buying Saga only to find the code had already expired, and thus they were Kratos-level cursed to only get three of the five games they had expected. I checked online and saw that Sony had extended the deadline until March of 2014, so I knew I was safe. What I didn't know was that upon receiving the game, the deadline was actually stated to run until March of 2016 in the enclosed flyer. That is great news for people who are still thinking about picking up this great collection a bit late-ish, as I did. Anyone concerned about that deadline should be fine for years to come... but then you may want to wait for that collectors edition with Ascension that you know Sony will be pushing a little ways down the line.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 games, excellent, July 20, 2013
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
I have 5 games, the downloadable expiration date says 03/31/2013 and i bought it on 06/30/2013 but, the real expiration date is 03/31/2014.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don t like, August 6, 2013
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
were supposed to be five games saga god of war and are only 3 games that came: a disc with part 1 and 2 together and a second disc with part 3 no more ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Voucher for Origins collection was expired, July 3, 2013
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
I received the first 3 games as physical disks however chains of olympus and ghost of sparta came as a voucher code that expired 3/31/2013

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY! Only includes 3 games! GOW 3 isn't 3-D! Review of this product, not the series!, September 11, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc (Video Game)
Unlike the other reviewers, I'm FURIOUS about Sony's deception. If I could leave 0 stars, I would.

Reviewers: could we please review THE CURRENT PRODUCT, and not the series as a whole?

OK. First, my mistake. I already owned all GOW games but one, so I knew all about the individual games. I saw a high average rating for GOW Saga, but I didn't realize that flamer/fanboy commentators had cyberbullied reviewers from 1 star to 4! And I didn't realize that the GOW Saga download voucher was not for bonus content, but FOR 2 OF THE 5 OR 40% OF THE GAMES IN THIS SAGA!

Like the other reviewers, it bothers me a little that Sony is trying to cheat buyers out of the value of their purchases. But I'm absolutely enraged that they're doing so by ALTERING GAME FORMATS AND LYING ABOUT IT. Here's what I mean:

I believe the Origins games were originally PSP, so once I figured out that the disc wasn't just missing, I thought "maybe this is just how they converted the games from PSP to PS3." But then I remembered that the Origins collection is already on PS3 Blu-ray disc. God of War: Origins Collection. That's what I looked at before I ordered the Saga, and that's what I was led to believe I was buying. All Sony had to do was include the Origins disc, already in production, as they promised in their description.

So let's think about this for a minute. Sony converted the Origins games onto PS3 Blu-ray disc last year. Then, when they decided to release GOW Saga, they converted Origins yet again (to a download), and lied about it both on the package and on the product description.

I have scrutinized the product description and the package. These people are unbelievable. They have no scruples. The product description specifically states:

"Discover the origins of Kratos with the definitive compilation of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on a single Blu-ray disc!"

The packaging meanwhile is equally deceptive. The cover sports a large declaration that the package "INCLUDES 5 FULL GAMES." Of course you don't notice the tiny asterisk. Then, at the bottom of the back cover, after all product descriptions, tech specs, and legal jargon, you find a microscopic blurb about the voucher. Then again, there is no image of the back cover on Amazon, so the asterisk is meaningless even if you managed to spot it. The first claim, INCLUDES 5 FULL GAMES, is simply meant to deceive you. And think about this, if you buy it anywhere but Amazon, YOU CANNOT GET A REFUND FOR ANY REASON. Pure evil.

As if the voucher lie wasn't bad enough, the download voucher itself expires in a few months, and it states that the "Start date and terms [are] subject to change without notice." Sony even "reserves the right to retire the online portion of this game with 90 days notice." I am not clear if this means they will kill the Origins downloads you paid for, but I have absolutely no trust in Sony at this point.

Then there's the 3-D lie. Both the product description and the cover boldly claim that Origins and GOW 3 are 3-D. Only guess what, GOW 3 IS NOT 3-D AT ALL! Sony says that this additional false claim was just another mistake. More lies. Unlike the hidden Origins voucher, there is nothing in the packaging to tell you that GOW 3 is not, in fact, 3-D. If this really were just another mistake, Sony should have notified purchasers by at least sticking a notice in the box. Removing the false claims from the description and cover would really be the right thing to do. Sony doesn't notify purchasers at all. More dishonesty. Most people didn't even realize Sony's "mistake" until they had paid for a non-existent 3-D game and wasted a lot of time trying to make it work.

And finally, the Sony network is completely unreliable, so downloading 2 HD 3-D games is undesirable if not impossible. The network was "down for maintenance" again just yesterday. This reminded me of a recent time when the Sony network was down for weeks because it was hacked and everyone's personal information was stolen. The back of the game box states that GOW Saga only requires 5MB of hard drive space. Wrong. One reviewer states that the Origins download alone consumes ~16 GB and another reviewer says it takes 1 hour per GB to download. I wonder what would happen if the network went down again after trying to download Origins for 15 of the 16 total hours?

In closing, the Origins download voucher states that the "approximate value of the [download] code is $0.00 USD." I would have to agree. The GOW Saga does not "INCLUDE" 5 full games, as stated on the cover, and it certainly does not include them "on a single Blu-ray disc" as stated in the product description. GOW 3 is NOT 3-D as boldy stated on both the product description and the game box.

Deceptive trade practices are morally wrong and illegal. Shame on you, Sony. Shame on your deception. Shame on your dishonor.

Edit 9/13: I spent some time uploading images of the front and back covers, along with precise notes on these various discrepancies. I also made note of this review, ONLY TO RAISE AWARENESS. Amazon has taken the image down, presumably because of pressure from developers, sellers, marketers, or fanboys. I am ashamed for you, Amazon.

Edit 12/12:

"Item Under Review"

"While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)"

"We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible."

Thank you, Amazon, for finally taking notice! It only took 3 months...

And thank you, voters, good and bad, for well over 300 votes!

PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc
PS3 God of War: Saga Collection - 2 Disc by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$19.99 $17.99