4.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable
Published on August 18, 2007 by R. Lockhart

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor cable, would not support 1080P
I would not recommend this cable at all. I purchased this cable in order to hook up a PS3 to a Samsung 40" LCD TV. The highest setting I could get though was 1080I. I subsequently purchased another cheaper HDMI cable from Amazon and had no issues at all getting set up at 1080P.

Here is the cable I bought that worked:

Inspire HDMI (2 meter) 6 foot...
Published on February 22, 2008 by Hoi Polloi

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor cable, would not support 1080P, February 22, 2008

Here is the cable I bought that worked:

Inspire HDMI (2 meter) 6 foot cable HQ 1080P 1.3b
Sold by: BrilliantStore

4.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable, August 18, 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
"no such thing as a better cable" is a misnomer. HDMI cables are rated by the bandwidth capacity (commonly known as bitrate per second), the higher the rate, the more info it can pass digitally in a given timeframe. Why is this important? Because, as games become faster, and higher-bit color graphics emerge, HDMI cables will need the additional bandwidth capacity to smoothly transmit the digital signal from game/video source to your T.V. Emerging technologies, such as 12, 16, and 18-bit color, and "lossless audio" will become standard in the near future.

There are some HDMI cables capable of 3.4 Gbit/s, which can more than handle today's 1080P/12-bit color requirements. Some manufacturers, like Monster Cable, claim 10.2 Gbit/s with their M1000HD series HDMI cable, but it's really 3.4 Gbit/s cable multiplied by it's channels (3).

Current sources, such as HD DVD, BluRay and the current crop of PS3 games are adequately served by the HDMI cable listed here. However it won't be long before a "better cable" is required to handle the latest technology. You don't have to sweat it, for the moment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable does not work!, February 12, 2008
Peter G "peteg" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
This cable did not work with any of my equipment. I ordered it with my PS3 to connect directly to my TV. I had no signal at all. Also tried from my HD cable box to the TV and had no better luck.
I tried my PS3 with another HDMI cable and had no problems.
Don't buy this cable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better HDMI options out there., December 31, 2008
Fogcatcher (Point Sur, Ca) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
I commented fairly extensively on HDMI cable technology about 16 months ago. Some people are having a problem with this particular cable. I've found through doing several hook-ups of friend's and family's systems that they were usually doing something wrong in the hook-up process. Typically, after installing the HDMI cables they failed to change the source input/ouput to HDMI on their TV's or game consoles, or incorrectly matched the source resolution that best suits their TV. It is important to sync the hardware so it's all on the same page.

That being said, I won't defend this cable. I don't use it. I found Blue Jeans Cable to be perfectly suited for my 1080p setup. I use Belden bonded-pair HDMI 1.3a cable (apx. $4/ft) throughout my system. Moving to 1.3a or better will help to futureproof your system. And any decent HDMI cable will operate your PS3, so you don't have to buy this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Verify before you buy...., March 2, 2008
Greeny (Germantown, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
Although this seems to be a fairly well constructed cable for the price, it does not appear to be 1.3 compliant. Avoid the hype that it says it's for PS3. If your TV requires an HDMI 1.3 compliant cable, you will not get better than 1080i, or in my case, garbled video. Nowhere on the packaging could I find the spec, even on the MFR's web site.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good choice for a ps3 cable, February 6, 2008
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
I purchased this cable because it is 8ft and I had a 4ft monster ultra 1000 hdmi cable but was too short. I was able to do a comparison and although the ultra 1000 is expensive it will give you the assurance that it performs to the maximum. This cable however had speckles on the xmedia bar screen whenever there was black and during movie trailers in darker scenes and it made a popping noise when the ps3 was turned off (I believe this was mentioned in another review). I know this because when switching to the expensive cable it had outstanding picture and doesn't miss any details, including dark scenes or black. Maybe it was a defect. but when ordering online it takes too long to replace it and try again with the same one. I would like to think that the expensive cables are overrated but in this case, they clearly won.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOA, February 15, 2008
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
I wasted about 4 hours trying to make sure everything was hooked up right after my new PS3 wasn't displaying on the screen. I Google'd, Amazon'ed, and PS3Forum'ed for hours. Finally, I thought, "eh try a different cable". Son of a gun! This cable was the culprit. I knew it was too good to be true. $18.99 for a good -looking, and working, HDMI cable...I think not.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK cable better elsewhere, January 24, 2008
Autodidact "inetfilm" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
The most important factor that makes a good cable is gauge and quality of the wire in the cable, the second most important factor is the length. You should use the shortest cable possible. 8ft is likely much longer than most users will need. Also this cable is not made by Sony and it does not have any special advantages to using it with a PS3.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, March 18, 2008
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
I bought my PS3 and all the bits to get my GT5 Prologue working on my 1080p tv and was disappointed...

The PS3 was fine playing a Blu-Ray movie, but even the opening credits on Gran Turismo we just breaking up all the time. I did a lot of reading and the whole debate about how a $10 cable will do the same as a $70 on etc... well I ditched this cable for a Monster 1000hdmi and guess what.. now I have flawless audio and display in 1080p with not even a hint of a problem.

If you are having a similar problem, you will have to make up your own mind. I don't think the build quality of this cable is that good and given the movies work and game didn't, I am more like to believe that it just wasn't capable bandwidth wise to do the job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't support 1080p, January 31, 2008
This review is from: PS3 HDMI Cable (Video Game)
I bought this cable to get 1080p out of my PS3 (yes, I have a 1080p cabable television). However, attempting to change the ps3 settings to 1080p would result in the 30 second blank screen followed by the restored settings.

To test, I unhooked the HDMI cable that was connected to my DirecTV HD DVR and proceeded to connect it to my ps3. Voila, 1080p.

Don't be swayed by the cheap price as I was. If you want the 1080p experience, buy a better cable.

PS3 HDMI Cable
PS3 HDMI Cable by Intec (PlayStation 3)
$39.99 $8.95