5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro
Since I recently bought the PS3 Move peripherals, I decided to finally look into buying a controller charging dock.

This particular dock suits my needs for the following reasons:
- I have two Sixaxis contollers, two motion controllers, and one navigation controller (not planning on buying a second navigation controller anytime soon)
- I can keep my...
Published on October 19, 2010 by W. Mabie

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK
This product works OK, but I have two complaints:
Published on December 24, 2010 by M. Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro, October 19, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

This particular dock suits my needs for the following reasons:
- I can keep my second motion controller plugged into one rear USB port, and my Bluetooth earpiece plugged into the other rear USB port.
- I can now use the PS3's two USB ports for the PS Eye and an external USB hard drive, and no longer have to plug/unplug USB cables to recharge various controllers or the earpiece.

Some of the minor problems I've encountered:
- There's a blue LED light on one of the long sides of the charging dock that is angled around 45* out... and can be a bit annoying depending on where you're sitting in relation to it.
- The Sixaxis controllers may take a moment or two of fumbling with before you line it up properly on the charger.

And just so everyone knows, it is true that you can't place a motion control where the navigation control is supposed to go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for 3 Weeks .... and dead. Replaced and fine., November 15, 2010
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
I usually don't write reviews, but this time I strongly believe it deserve a strong review. I purchased the Quad Dock Pro from Amazon via DreamGear about 3 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks perfectly fine and charging. last week my controllers were dead for no reasons. I realized quickly that the unit was not charging. I did plug my controllers via USB to my PS3 to make sure it was not the controllers and it was fine and charging. The main light around the unit still works but the lights around the move controllers and the DualShock are not anymore. I called the company "got disconnected". I emailed them "No response". So I don't have much choices here. I will try a few time more to contact them. After a few days , customer service replied and sent a replacement for no charge. The replacement unit was perfectly fine, it has been a year now without problem.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, December 24, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This product works OK, but I have two complaints:
1) They should have designed it to allow more flexibility in what is plugged into each slot. The only options available as it is are exactly what you see in the picture. So those of us with two of the PS3 Move Controllers who don't want a Navigation controller have 3 slots filled and an extra empty slot we can't use while the 2nd Controller stands by waiting for its turn to get charged.
2) The slot for the Controller is not very easy to align, so you have to fumble around with it till it fits in finally. I've had 3 different people using it make the same comment, so I'm comforted somewhat that it's not just my lack of coordination.
Otherwise, it works for what it's made for so if you can get a good price for it, then it's worth having around for some extra charging options.

4.0 out of 5 stars charges fast, light is cool (w/ update), December 11, 2011
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
I should have gotten this sooner, it is a lot easier than constantly switching out which device is charging from the USB ports of the PS3, and now I don't have to leave the PS3 on when I'm not using it just to keep things charged.

When it is plugged in it has a very bright blue light glowing around the base of the device, I think it looks really cool, but it is very bright. When you plug in the controllers, the area around them glows red until they are done charging, then it switches to blue so that you know they are done. I was surprised by how fast they charged the controllers, even when they had zero power left.

I think the controllers fit in easily despite what others said, and it is nice and stable even when the controllers are in the base.

I would only change 2 things. Like many others I would prefer to have it charge 2 dual shocks and 2 moves, rather than a move and a navigation. Since it has the 2 USB ports in the back I just charge one of the move controllers from that, but I still wish it did the 2 moves because it would be a nice neat way to keep all the controllers in one place. I also wish it had an off switch for when it is done charging, I just unplug it, but an off switch would have been nice.

Since some people have had problems with this device lasting, I'll update this if I have any issues with it.

Update: 4/4/12 - I said I would update if I had any issues, but I thought it would be nice to let you know that the device is still working perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost What I Need, January 11, 2011
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
I need a dock that can charge two Dual Shock controllers and two motion controllers. Unfortunately, this does two Dual Shocks, one motion controller, and one navigation controller. There doesn't seem to be anything out there that can, so I bought this one. (I mean, how hard is it to make two ports for the motion controllers and detachable adapter for a snug fit when you want to do the nav controller?)

The good news is, it has 2 USB ports in the back so that's where my 2nd motion controller goes. It takes a little jiggling to get the Dual Shocks in, but the motion controller slips right in to place. The LED displays are very obvious and bright. ** I suggest that you do not keep the unit plugged in UNLESS you are charging. It is an energy "vampire". ** The manual also suggests that once your controller is charged to take it off charge. Roger that!

Overall, this will do and is much better than having to turn the PS3 on JUST to charge controllers for next time a friend and I want to play.

Edit: Ha, I just read another reviewer talking about this being a "vampire". It's true....an on/off switch would have been nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, November 30, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
Had this for a few days and it works really, really good. The base of the unit lights up in blue and it charges by having the male part of the mini USB sticking up. All you have to do is place it the right way making sure you have it lined up properly then give it a little push. When the controllers are charging, you'll see a red light underneath the controller. This light will start to blink when the controller is almost finished charging then it'll turn a solid blue when completely charged. The unit also have 2 regular full sized USB ports on the back of it. You can charge anything you want with these ports. I have my iPod connected to one of them. It's pretty light and it feels very plastic-y. I'll update after a few months. Thanks for reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright Light! Bright Light!, April 21, 2011
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
If you are a mogwai or require darkness in your room, be aware of the very blue and very BRIGHT light that comes from this small device. Otherwise it works and works well.

The footprint is reasonably small for being able to charge 4 devices at once.

This is externally powered so you don't have to run the PS3 or take up one of its USB ports to charge your devices.

I've arranged it so that when I'm not charging, I unplug the power cable at the device and set it under the device to keep the lighting off when not in use.

I was also very happy with the pricepoint. I found many different charging options that cost more and provided a smaller or less desirable feature set.

A better fit when the controllers plug in and a better use and brightness of the charging lights are all that I can find to complain about. Highly recommend but with the above comments as an asterisk.

1.0 out of 5 stars QuadDock for PS3 - Not High Quality Product, January 18, 2012
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
It does what it says in that it can recharge 2 PS3 controllers, a Move Navigation controller and a PS3 Move controller. Unfortunately, you can't use the Navigation slot to charge a Move controller. The other thing is that I've only owned my dock for a week or so now and it's developed a high-pitched whine when it's plugged in. This leads me to believe that it is built cheaply and will most likely die soon.

I have my Amazon.com invoice but I don't have the product packaging so I'm not sure if DreamGear.net or the vendor will take it back via RMA. I didn't think the product would begin to crap out on me in under 2 weeks...

Save your money and buy a Sony PS3 docking station to charge up your controllers. Unless the vendor or DreamGear is willing to step up and ship me a new unit and I can ship my defective one back in the new unit's packaging, I am not impressed with this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's been a few weeks now and..., October 24, 2012
PapaSan (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
... the PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro is still pretty slick. I love that the blue-led glow is uniformly lit throughout the entire unit and each controller's charge state is individually lit and turns from red to blue when fully charged.

Also, I know it wasn't intended but this dock was able to sniff out the knock-off PS3 controllers I had bought recently. Because the circuitry wasn't genuine, the charge indicator didn't light at all and turned straight to blue only when fully charged.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working., December 16, 2011
This review is from: PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro (Accessory)
This product stopped working after a couple months. Everything was perfect and worked perfectly til now. would have given it 5 stars if it continued to worked.

PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro
PS3 Move Quad Dock Pro by DreamGEAR (PlayStation 3)
$24.99 $19.59