5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for a great price
Bought this a while ago and I was very happy with what it came with. For roughly the price of a PS3 controller on its own, you receive:

-A PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller
-A 6.5 ft HDMI cable
-A 10 ft micro-USB cable

Published on December 7, 2012 by Brian Nguyen

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected ...
The USB cable is NOT braided. Despite it apears to be an official product, the controller itself feels cheap and it is not acurate during serious gameplay. I haven't tryed the HDMI cable yet.

Update: the HDMI for some reason does not work on some TV's ... Just on the new ones ...
Published 10 months ago by Andrew C5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set for a great price, December 7, 2012
Brian Nguyen (California, USA) - See all my reviews

-A PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 Wireless Controller
-A 6.5 ft HDMI cable
-A 10 ft micro-USB cable

The controller is the official controller, so no knockoffs or weird shapes and buttons, it's the real deal. The HDMI cable is great for hooking up the PS3 itself to HD televisions or other HDMI devices. And the micro-USB cable is used primarily for charging the wireless controller, but I've found it can also transfer data. The cable itself is braided so it reduces the chances of being tangled and looks nice.

Overall, a very nice set to purchase in addition to when getting a PS3

5.0 out of 5 stars unbelievably good deal!!, December 18, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
Official Ps3 controller, Hdmi and a 10 ft usb cable. This is far the cheapest deal I ever seen for a bundle. The whole package worth around 60, and for the price to go to $33.99, it is an automatic buy right there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really does come with everything you need, July 15, 2013
Genryu (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
This kit lives up to its name and gives you pretty much everything you need to get setup. I bought it mainly for the extra charging cable, since if you just bought a controller on its own you don't get an extra one. The new cable they give you is also braided and seems much more durable than the one packaged with the PS3 consoles. The finish for this controller is more of a dull black and has a different texture/feel in the hand than the black controller that came included with my PS3 slim. I personally don't like it as much as the glossier finish of my original ps3 controller, but my friend liked it more so it's really more personal preference. Also I have to say the sony controllers really do hold their charge over time with battery capacity. I've had mine for a while now and it feels like it lasts just as long as the day I bought it - kudos to sony on their excellent build quality/craftsmanship!

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM at a great price, December 29, 2012
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
I received this product as a lightning deal I didn't really need the charging cable or the HDMI cable but for a price that was $20 less than what I can buy a controller for here in town I couldn't pass it up!!! OEM Sony product so you can't complain about the quality either.

5.0 out of 5 stars father son game time, May 6, 2013
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
I bought for me to play with my son. It is really quality time since it worked seamless after charging overnight,

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a controller... its works well, July 16, 2013
Joel Nelson (Warner Robins, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
I bought this after a few Chinese knock-offs so I have a high opinion of the genuine thing. Smooth analog sticks, long battery life, and responsive buttons, it just works which is great! Changing from the knock-offs to this was like moving from rusty knife to an exacto knife, surgical precision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, May 10, 2013
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
Got this for 25 bucks great deal for the price i recommend this to anyone looking for a new controller!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bundle when the price is right - nice long cord, February 22, 2013
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
Surprisingly enough the Dualshock 3 controller does not respond well to being stepped on repeatedly and you might find yourself in need of a replacement. Or you may find yourself with a Little Big Planet addiction and realize that you NEED four controllers for your PS3. Regardless of the reason, one controller is NEVER enough.

These controllers usually go for between 40-50 bucks alone. You can occasionally get one cheaper. This bundle not only has the official Sony controller, it also includes a 9 foot USB to micro USB cord. This is long enough that you can actually still play the game while plugged in, in case you forgot to charge your controller overnight. This is much better than the dinky 4.5 foot cable that comes with the PS3. I tried playing with that plugged in once and managed to yank the PS3 right of the table during a rather exciting battle in Ratchet and Clank.

This bundle also comes with a 6 foot HDMI cord. I already had one from when I first purchased my PS3, but you can never have enough in my opinion. I like having a spare around to quickly connect my tablet to my TV and they are useful if you move your Roku player around too. It is a generic HDMI cord that works just fine.

This is where I warn you about price. If you can get this for the price of a controller or less then it is a MUST buy. It is not worth the full price since the cords can be purchased separately rather inexpensively. Watch for it on a lightning deal and you may get it for 35. At that price do not hesitate, just hit add to cart and go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal if at a great price, April 17, 2013
Adam B. (North America, Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
This is one of those items that, at full price, isn't that great, even if you need all of the items in the kit. But, when it goes on sale, as it does a few times a year, it is a great bargain. All of the items are well made and original brand name items. If you need an extra controller and can find this item on sale, it is an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal!, December 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PS3 New Owner's Kit (Video Game)
Found this kit for 39.99 which makes it a fantastic deal here! Sales do happen! Cant beat the price. Bought 2!

PS3 New Owner's Kit
PS3 New Owner's Kit by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
$69.99 $57.95