Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2010 8:28:53 AM PST
I have this tv, can anybody suggest how to hook this up to my new PS3 and a older Sherwood reciver. The receiver has a digital optical connection and no hdmi connection.
Thank you!!

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 8:24:12 PM PST
M. Thompson says:
Why not HDMI for PS3 to TV and optical out from TV to Sherwood? Check that the TV optical out is outputting lossless audio including Dolby Tru-HD and DTS-HD Master from BluRay discs in the PS3 assuming that the Sherwood can process it. Sometimes the optical out on a TV just puts out lower end Dolby formats or even just stereo Might be a good time to upgrade receiver to something that can act as an HDMI hub, preferably one that supports VieraLink or its equivalent. Vieralink is really nice when it is setup properly and most of your components support it. I use a higher end Onkyo for this and love it.

Posted on Feb 1, 2011 6:40:19 AM PST
How does the vier a link function whe you are using an Onkyo for HDMI pass through? I only ask because I use an Onkyo 308 and a panny 42G25 and a Sony PS3 for my set upas well as a panny 50g25 on,o 308 for HDMI pass through and a Panny blu ray both of which have Vieralink in the media room but when using pass through idid t think the vier a link would work.... Please advise

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2011 9:07:03 PM PST
M. Thompson says:
all my HDMI port settings are set for pass through. All you are telling it to do is to "not" try to do any upconversion or translation of the signal (none of mine need it). VierLink is not altered or disabled by these settings. I don't think there is any relation to the Vieralink function.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 29, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 2, 2011

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Panasonic VIERA TC-P42G25 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV
Panasonic VIERA TC-P42G25 42-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV by Panasonic
4.3 out of 5 stars   (174)