Customer Discussions > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow forum

PS3 vs Xbox 360 Version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2010 2:28:05 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 1, 2012 12:06:21 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 10:28:04 AM PDT
R. Cottrell says:
I have to ask what kind of game is this exactly? is it and RPG? or is it like an adventure/action game?

I am just curious cause my dad likes the old ones and this one looks cool.

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 5:03:24 PM PDT
Really? I love the 360 controller- and I much more obsessed with my gamerscore on xbox. Trophies don't really do it for me.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 6:21:47 PM PDT
Kelly says:
Well, to answer Cottrel's question, LOS is an action adventure game with some very, very light rpg elements. Saw a beastiary screen, and enemies have different weaknessess. Like werewolves are very weak against silver. God of War, Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Colossus, Uncharted, and some previous Castlevanias rolled into one. As for Michel's question, if you prefer the PS3 controller, get it for the PS3, no sense in playing the game if you dont like the controller. I've checked out the Lords of Shadow twitter, and they said that that both versions are the same, so all is good.

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 3:23:18 PM PDT
Kevin says:
According to the developers, the lead development platform for the game is the PS3 and most presentations of the game have been done on a PS3 but there are no differences between the two versions aside from the controllers. Pick which one you like better.

Additionally, unlike most multiple disc 360 games, the game has been programmed so that you do not need to disc swap on the 360 version as long as you install both games to the hard drive. There is unlikely to be a speed difference between the two consoles because this probably means that the PS3 version will take advantage of the hard drive in a similar way, but if you have a 7200rpm drive in your PS3, your load times will be faster than the microsoft-branded 360 drives which are all 5400rpm.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2010 10:19:03 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:33:03 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 9:25:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2010 9:26:04 AM PDT
JLee says:
Installing the whole game for 360 will be nice. Should cut down on loads. No more disc swap. With that said the reviews are coming nicely for this. At around 90%.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 8:34:03 AM PDT
Jimmy Tran says:
I hate having this dilemma as well, but I ended up pre ordering for the PS3 version. Since it's a single player game and if it plays similar to God of War, I would prefer the PS3 controller. The Xbox controller is not bad but for hack-n-slash games I just like the ps3 controller better. I would have totally gotten Bayonetta on the ps3 if it wasn't for the inferior graphics. The only other multiplatform game I have for ps3 is Batman since I wanted to be able to play as the Joker, even though I downloaded the demo on Xbox. I would be curious to see which system will sell better for this game.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 3:54:35 PM PDT
C. Walton says:
Yeah, the game is getting great reviews (mostly 9+). I already thought it looked amazing anyway.

For those of us that want to pre-order it and have both consoles we have a bit of a dilemma. Graphical comparisons won't likely be done until after the game releases. I have learned from lots of past experiences that if you have to bet one way or another it is safer to bet on the 360 versions. Most of the time the 360 has the better looking/better performing multiplatform games, even when the PS3 is the lead platform.

That said, they have shown the PS3 version more than the 360 version and that tends to bode well for the PS3 version. The game seems gorgeous on either platform from what I have seen. And who knows, this might be one of those exceptions where the PS3 version has the edge. I think they will be really close, though, so I would choose based on other criteria like controller preference, achievements vs trophies, which friends you want to show off to lol, etc.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 4:58:27 AM PDT
Kruger says:
Gamespot points out that there are hiccups during action sequences in the 360 version.

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 8:09:38 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 29, 2010 2:48:45 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 12:17:45 AM PDT
N. Evans says:
The PlayStation 3 runs smoother in the end actually. According to the review for Gamespot, the Xbox 360 hiccups during heavy battle scenes as well as CGS. I think its also worth mentioning from other things Mercury Steam has stated, that the Xbox 360 is having to use certain compression techniques to fit it all on two DVD's. A weakness they're hoping Microsoft finds a way of fixing. In that same breath, they did say that the PlayStation 3 loads a tad slower. So, the load times are a bit slower with Blu-ray, and the Xbox 360 chugs at times. Also, just because the game is developed for the PlayStation 3, doesn't mean its really pushing the hardware either. The Xbox 360 was kept in mind during development to make the port easier. Its clear the PlayStation 3's lighting and texture detail is more technically advanced while allowing more characters on screen. So, yes. This game was developed natively on the PS3 with the 360 kept in mind and the 360 chugs a bit.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 7:51:36 AM PDT
JLee says:
Looks like the retail version are the same;

Castlevania LOS 'identical' on 360 and PS3
Thursday 30-Sep-2010 2:52 PM Frame rate solid at 30 fps, says dev boss

1 CommentsCastlevania Lords of Shadow producer David Cox has confirmed that the game runs perfectly well at 30 fps - and that there's no difference between PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

Cox said over Twitter:

"The games are identical. The 360 review code had some issues with frame rates but not major and they are not in the final [product]."

He added: "The game runs at 30 fps consistently. Occasionally that may drop but as most reviewers say it doesn't spoil the game."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=267503

And install option should help loads.

Posted on Oct 5, 2010 9:37:51 PM PDT
meganick says:
"PS3 vs Xbox 360 Version"

The PS3 version is on the PS3 and the Xbox 360 version is on the Xbox 360. My work here is done.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 5:25:12 AM PDT
Benpachi says:
I bought it for PS3 and my brother got it for 360, I played the opening chapter for each and as far as I can tell there really is no difference. The ability to do a full install on the 360 is nice of course but the load times on both systems are practically non-existant to begin with...which is a rare treat these days, no mandatory install for the PS3 for a change either. Decide which controller you like best and if you prefer trophies or achievements, I saw no difference aesthetically. It looks and plays great on both systems, you can't go wrong.

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 8:07:59 AM PDT
Ben Rowland says:
As with most cross-platform games, there is little to no difference between the two versions. I've seen the PS3 version in action, and I own the 360 version, and they both look identical. It's funny how the fanboys come running whenever someone asks this question, and suddenly everyone is an expert in pixels, resolution, and those negligible details of gaming that few people care about. They are the same - get the one that suits your gaming needs. If you prefer Achivements (as I do), get the 360 version. If the PS3 controller is more your cup of tea, get that. You can't miss either way.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 6, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow by Konami (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (254)