5.0 out of 5 stars New Psalm 83 book

2.0 out of 5 stars This guy needs a good editor
Published 18 months ago by The Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars New Psalm 83 book, February 12, 2013
David M Hammond (Bakersfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased Bill's new book on this subject, in fact I bought a second copy for a relative that I know will be interested. I read Bill's first book Israelstine a few years ago and was amazed. I had never heard of this idea before and considered myself "up on" prophecy topics. So it was with considerable interest that I ordered his new book on the same subject. I thought it may be just a re-packaging of the same material but as I read it (I'm not finished yet and will up-date this when done) I found it very similar but yet different. Bill's first book is written such that each chapter is sort of stand-alone and reviews lots of other chapters. There is nothing wrong with that but it makes for a lot of re-stating of already covered material. I don't see that in this new book. Also there is new material in this new book and of course it is up-to-date, addressing all the recent and significant middle-east happenings.
This whole concept of a psalms 83 war has changed my view of the middle-east, for instance when the "Arab spring" began to happen I said it's getting set up for the psalm 83 war. I hope Bill will "take the next step" and also write a book on the "Gog-Magog" war too. I know there are many books out there, but he seems to see things others miss. I certainly see the middle-east in a "different light" now, I sort of look at it through the lens of the psalms 83 war.
So I have to say VERY GOOD to this book. I will have more to say after I finish it. I couldn't pass by a chance to give this book a very big "thumbs up". And yes I do recommend it to others if they want to learn about the middle-east, how it got this way, how it will end up and how that may all come about. Bill's support of his ideas with scripture is excellent, so I don't think you need to worry about being mislead. Again let me say, good job Bill. David.

5.0 out of 5 stars What may soon transpire., February 13, 2013
Bill Salus does in PSALM 83, The Missing Prophecy Revealed - How Israel Becomes the Next Mideast Superpower is a Convincing Bible Study about the prophecy delivered in psalm 83 (as well as corresponding scriptures). In Psalm 83 we have a description of a confederation of Arab nations who attempt to wipe out Israel; and searching the Scriptures; we find out that what happens; and what happens is that, Israel wins this war, with the LORD's Help, and expands there territory. Many prophecy scholars group all these end time prophecy's together; as either in the 7 year tribulation period; or into two groups of prophecy's, first a war of all the modern Islamic country's (with their ally Russia) against Israel before the 7 year tribulation (as described in Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39) and then the day of the LORD or Armageddon during the tribulation.

What Salus does is say there are actually three events not two, First Israel delivers the LORD's judgement on the close surrounding Arab country's and because safe and secure and very rich as a result against specific peoples mentioned in Psalm 38 that do not coincide with Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39-the modern equivalent country's are the nation less Palestinians, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia and Jordin, this confederacy attempts to exterminate the Jews and thus Gods Judgement ensues upon them. Then that is followed later by the war of Ezekiel chapters 38 and 39 (judgement on non arab muslim natuions and there allies) and then that is flowed by the rise of antichrist the tribulation and the war of Armageddon (final judgemnet on unrepentent gentile nations).

Salus shows us just where this hate of the Jew by the Arab and non Arab Muslims come from and who they really hate, he looks to scriptures and History to determine this, He also shows us how the Bible predicted modern terrorism, how that these nations (relatives of Israel) would come together under one false religion, and he describes just who they are today. He also goes on to show us what the result will be, a defeated enemy and a much expanded Israel. I think Salus makes a convincing argument for his thesis in this book and I would highly recommend it as part of your study of bible prophecy.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this book takes up where other scholars left off, February 12, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I think this book is where other notable prophecy teachers and scholars leave off and this is a more current treatment of Bible Prophecy. Of course several things have happened since the book was written. But the exposition of Bible verses gives me a sense that the Antichrist is not as imminent as some think and there are things that still must happen before the Rapture and Tribulation comes to pass. I credit Gary Stearman of "Prophecy in the News" for steering me toward your book. This is one update that all who are interested in Bible Prophecy should read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent, Excellent,, March 8, 2013
If you are an open minded, quietly thoughtful Bible prophecy learner and student then this book is one you'll enjoy. It is well written, well thought out, and well explained. If you have already decided you know what's to know in Bible prophecy then don't read this.
BUT if you are a student, a sincere "learner" then this explanation of Psalm 83 reveals it self as a valid upcoming Bible prophecy.
It is another signpost (marker) for those wanting to be aware of events in this "end of the age" time period before our Lord returns.

This book will join some of my carefully chosen books I have set aside as keepers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, February 9, 2013
Cinderita Allen (MYRTLE BEACH, SOUTH CAROLINA, US) - See all my reviews
It was very informative. A good Bible study. All should read it. One of the best prophectic books, today. Well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars End of times is becoming clearly, March 12, 2013
This review is from: PSALM 83, The Missing Prophecy Revealed - How Israel Becomes the Next Mideast Superpower (Kindle Edition)
The Bible tells us that those of that time will understand what is written. This book takes another look, based on our current understanding and has what I believe to be a clearer understanding of Psalms 83 and how it applies today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique Prophetic Insight, April 15, 2013
I have been hearing teaching on Ezekiel 38/39 ever since I became a Christian 17 years ago. It always seemed a bit far fetched to me that this would be the next major middle east event, but this seemed to be what the Bible was saying. However, through Bill's materials I have discovered that there is so much more in the prophets concerning events that will take place in the middle east prior to Christ's return. Most of these prophecies have been given very little attention by commentators or prophecy buffs. It is very possible we are going to see more events similar to what occured in 1948, 1967, 1973... but possibly on a greater scale.

It is very interesting that there is such an emphasis in Ezekiel 35-36 on those who were going to be in the land when Israel was brought back into the land. Study Ezekiel 35-36 very carefully. Most commentators have missed who confiscated the land of Israel when Israel was scattered in the 1st and 2nd centuries AD. Those who confiscated it maintained a presence there until Israel became a nation again in 1948. These Edomites/ Descendents of Esau are featured prominently in the prophetic material concerning the end times scenarios. Bill does by far the best job I have seen tracing the history of the Edomites and relating it to the present day.

Bill does an amazing job going through the roots of this "everlasting hatred" for the Jewish people (Eze 35:5). There is an ancient jealousy regarding the contents of the Abrahamic covenant. This has not gone away. The enemy is stirring this hatred up in the hearts of the nations that surrond Israel. It is my prayer that these nations will come to know Jesus and they will desire to live peace. However, Bible prophecy and the reality of what we see and here every day makes this seem highly unlikely. Israel does not want these wars. Israel wants peace, but it does not appear the nations around them are going to settle for peace.

Guess what, Ezekiel 35-37 comes before Ezekiel 38-39! There may be more events related to Ezekiel 35-37 coming before the world sees Ezekiel 38-39.

I do not believe that anyone has all of the end times events worked out perfectly. However, I think Bill presents a very powerful thesis which adds a lot to the discussion. He also provides unique insight into many prophetic passages that have not been studied carefully (Psalm 83, Isaiah 19, Jeremiah 12, Ezekiel 25, Jeremiah 49, Obadiah, Ezekiel 35-36, and many others.)

You may not agree with everything Bill lays out in this book, but every prophecy student will benefit from digesting the material in this book.

If you have read Isralestine and/ or Revelation Road, some of the material will be redundant. However, there is enough new material here to make it worth the read.

I am always encouraged when I read many of the passages concerning the judgements coming in the middle east... not because of the judgements themselve... but because these passages indicate that many people in these regions will come to faith in the true God. There is hope for many in this region in spite of the incredible darkness that exists today. Even today, people are coming to know Jesus as Lord and Christ!

Blessings,
Peter

5.0 out of 5 stars Middle east wars, March 5, 2013
Middle east wars coming soon. All the world will be effected. Excellent study. Often do not hear of all the wars of prophecy

2.0 out of 5 stars This guy needs a good editor, March 21, 2013
This book is difficult to read because of the author's use of creative, non-standard punctuation (for example, his use of semicolons for commas, as well as other other quirky departures that impede reading). There are also sentence fragments and words with wrong meanings, such as "infamous" when he means "famous" or "well known" (as in referring to Israel's rebirth on May 14, 1948, as "that infamous day" and "Esau, the twin brother of the infamous Jacob of the Old Testament.") Mr. Salus (or his editor) needs to look up words if he's unsure of the meaning. He also repeats information endlessly, and tends to use the maximum number of words to put forth the simplest thought. He constantly refers his reader to previous books he has written, a practice that comes across more as cross-selling and less as an avenue for additional or more precise or even necessary information. I gave him two stars for his obvious knowledge of the Psalm 83 subject and his desire to deliver a powerful message. He desperately needs a good editor to help him communicate clearly and bring some enthusiasm to what could be an exciting subject, and I hope he finds one before attempting another book. I have been laboring more than a week on "Psalm 83, The Missing Prophecy Revealed," trying to look beyond the shortcomings and boring presentation. I'm not one to throw out the baby with the bath water, but at page 104, I gave up. Alas, the baby loses.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, April 9, 2013
Psalm 83 gives a much clearer picture of what to expect in the days ahead in the Middle East and it is rather exciting! He unties the knots of the tangled strings of prophecy and lays it out so that the dots are all connected and in doing so gives the road map which prophecy declares very clearly. There is a great deal of redundancy in the book which I could have done without because it cleared up everything for me the first time, and I found myself skipping the second and third time but he is addressing the topic in great detail to refute some past interpretations of eschatology. As I said he painstakingly untangles the mess and it is a bit tedious. I am more of a get to the point person. I don't really care what has been understood in the past. I understand that God is giving new revelation for our generation just as promised. If it rings true to me, I don't have to have it retold in so many different ways, though that is a good teaching method but that's just me. That being said, the book is a MUST READ, especially for Christians who believe the ridiculous "Replacement Theology" which teaches that the Jews are no longer God's chosen people and the Church has taken their place. I have never believed that because I have actually read the entire Bible several times and nowhere does it say that. But Christians tend to believe anything their preachers and teachers tell them because they never bother readying the Book. Why do I say this? Because apparently 85% of the Church in America believes this. That is astonishing to me. It means the 85% of the Church has never bothered reading and studying the Bible for themselves! Wow.

Rate and Discover Movies