Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Majano Wand - Mojano Zapper
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 13, 2011
We have only used this once and will be again tonight but so far this did the trick on a few of these in our 75 gallon reef. We did find that the needle is a little short and some of the aiptasia didnt fully die after the first time using it but we didnt realize that the holes that they are living in go down really far.

Otherwise this is a great product and this was much safer then my fiance trying to make one himself.

I will update this after we go on a killing spree tonight.
on June 26, 2016
Neat, original concept. But that's where it ends. Day1: I zapped and cleared out about 100 majanos (my whole problem) on the 1 rock they are on. No more visible majanos, yippee!
Day2: About 3/4 showed back up the next day, apparently they were All just injured.Zapped everyone I saw again, until they were gone, or a little tiny spot of white.
Day3: About 1/2 sowed back up, zapped them ALL again, and then had to work long hours for the next 3 days.
Day7: 100% are back on the original rock, and now there are a handful on Every rock in my 90 gal tank!
So we have just stunned and injured them encouraging them to procreate!
Not to mention, while in use, the bubbles coming off the unit smell like bleach, so it seems logical that you are releasing chlorine through the electrolysis process, which is why they have a duty cycle in the instructions, stating to only use for a total of X in a tank that is A. For me it is 20 minutes for a 90 gallon, but scary, non the less.
So, this upset me enough to do the right thing and get my syringe and kalkwasser, and obliterate them.
Took me 2 sessions and 99% are gone. Only the impossible to reach are left.
This thing is just a novelty...
on July 13, 2016
I returned this product after trying it for a few days. We had an aiptasia issue in one of our tanks and a fish who constantly ate the shrimp so we thought we would give this a shot as we were running out of options and the aiptasia were getting out of control. The corals were not happy about the use of all the aiptasia-X and so this was one of the last resorts. After a few days of trying this for a while each day, we found that the problem seemed to get worse! We sent it back, moved the murderous scum of a fish to the refugium of another tank since he also doesn't like other fish and added a few peppermint shrimp. The problem is no longer a problem. Don't bother with this just get some peppermint shrimp for aiptasia control.
on March 18, 2016
Very expensive. It does the trick. It is great at spreading aptasia all over the tank if you don't stay on top of using it. The best aptasia control I have found is removing entire rocks and replacing them one by one over time and using putty to block the aptasia into their holes. If you zap aptasia they will spread even with this tool. Also a lot of the aptasia are impossible to get to even with this wand. I give it 3 stars for a good concept. It does work IF you can get to the aptasia. Most of the time they suck back into their hole before you can effectively zap them and if you do partially zap them then they just spread more aptasia around the tank. You REALLY have to stick to a schedule to use this thing. If you only have a couple aptasia... pull out the rock and replace it. Don't bother treating them!! They will spread if you try to with this wand or any other aptasia-X product etc. I've used all of them trust me.. the best tool is manual removal or trapping them in the rock....
You also have to be really fragile with this wand.... I don't see it lasting more than a few years... so take care of it and keep it in the original box!
on December 17, 2011
The wand is pretty good. It does what it's supposed to in the right condition. Like if the aptasia is out in the open or not in a deep hole in the rock where it can retract. I wish the needle was longer and that you could bend the stick, or had a flexible neck. Definitely better than Joe's Juice or something like that. It is the best product out their for this.
on December 1, 2011
I bought this item as a prototype directly from the inventor quite a while ago, because I had a totally out of control population of majanos. I was able to permanently eradicate them in less than 3 weeks!!!!!!!! I have no investment in this device, and am not a spokesman for the company, but in my hands it solved a very nasty reef aquarium problem!!!!!!!!!!!!
on May 22, 2013
The Majano Wand works as described. You need to be diligent with it. It may take several days in a row of working on the nuisance anemone, but the wand will take care of all of your problem anemone if you stick with it. It took my three days to clear the out of my 120 gallon tank, but haven't seen any since.
on October 7, 2011
This product does work but not so great for the aiptasia. If u have lots of live rock, you can expect the aiptasia to retract back into the rock and good luck zapping them.You maybe get a 20% kill rate, but if you cant get to the whole creature then expect to see them regenerate. If there sitting out in the open this wand will do the job. Had great hopes for this product but creature is still out smarts man!
on March 5, 2014
If you give this anything but a 5 star rating, you must be doing something wrong. This itool is fool proof. If you have more majano and aptasias than this can handle, you need to check your water quality. I zapped about 50 majanos with this about three years ago and have not seen a trace of one since. Even used it to control the spread of my pulsing xenia. If you use it on aptasia, just keep at it. Use it every day until they disappear. They will, eventually. I've used every gimmick to rid these pest that has been thought of. This Majano Wand is the real thing.
on March 17, 2015
Save your money. This product does not kill or eliminate the entire aptasia or majano anemones, it appears to only injury them. The injuries appear to help the animal divide or split (how they grow naturally). Interesting product and concept; it just doesn't work.

See 1 answered question