Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 22, 2015
I got my Trigger grips yesterday and so far I'm really liking it. I play a lot of games on my Vita including on my PS4 remotely, and it was really hard on my hands. I have large hands and the Vita by itself has nowhere to grip easily, I found myself getting hand cramps and accidentally pressing the back touchpad all the time.

The Trigger Grips give you a much better grip, and make the Vita feel more like a controller.The case snaps on securely and feels pretty solid. With a price of less than $10, you really can't ask for much more. The only downside I could see is that it makes the system bulkier, so it may be harder to slip in your pocket on the go.
review image review image
on January 23, 2014
Having used the Hori brand, I would definitely say this one is better. It's snaps in without any fuss and keeps every button and port accessible. No moving parts to wear out. The hori had extendable handles but when they extend, the trigger buttons become awkward to reach. These have no such issues. It feels like a natural extension of the Vita. No issue with the texture either. It just feels like any plastic console controller.

I have no idea what the buttons on the bottom of the grips are for. For the price this can't be topped.

Update: I just realized what the "buttons" on the bottom are for. They are actually pegs that you extend out so you can use the grip as a stand so you can lay it on your table if you want to watch a video. There are tabs on the bottom front which you push, so the peg comes out in the back.
on October 25, 2014
This is hands-down THE BEST PSVita ergo accessory available. It actually solves the real problem, which is lack of depth/diameter for each hand to naturally grab around to hold the thing firmly and *vertically*. With all other accessories of this type, I still found myself struggling to hold the thing up in a mostly-vertical position (you know, in front of your face in a normal sitting position, rather than hunching over it in a horizontal position) without it constantly wanting to "slide down" out of my grip. I always found myself having to use my pinky and ring fingers underneath the bottom edge to hold the weight of the thing up, which just made for an agonizingly uncomfortable playing experience. This one is the only one that gives me a comfortable, firm grip AND naturally positions my thumbs and index finger over the controls. The only puzzle to me is those little "pegs" on the back side of each handle... they can slide in and out a little, but I can't figure out what the heck they are for... whatever, I just leave them pushed in flush and ignore them. Note that this accessory is for the original PSVita, not the new slimmer non-OLED revision -- they are different exterior dimensions so I doubt this would fit the new one. I hope this company releases a version of this that fits the newer ones as well!
on April 14, 2014
I mean! What the heck? This thing was really $4.39! I got a nerf protector that I did not like, and this thing which made me skeptical at first. It turns out this grip is awesome... Way better looking than the nerf protector and the feel the grips give you is beyond compare. I would completely recomend this to any VITA owner looking for some added comfort. Don't let yourelves be doubtful by the price. The packaging was not amazing, true that, but the product itself was pretty amazing. If it had been more expensive, I would habe probably been upset for that, but it was no big deal.
on June 25, 2014
comfortable, durable, and convenient.

i love playing with this grip. Very comfortable. I play mortal kombat much better, little big planet is a breeze with it, and remote play with the ps4 is much much better.

as for the durability... i fell out of a chair, because i am clumsy like that, and my vita was in my hand. My Vita fell with my and without the grip, i can honestly say the vita screen would be shattered. it broke the top corner, but for $4 i can definitely order more

vita wont fit in my pocket but with an accessory as such, i wasn't expecting it to. still fits on my vita cradle. so that is a huge plus!
on November 10, 2015
Definitely feels a whole lot better with this grip attached to the Vita. I have the official Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Pouch

and the Vita with the grip installed just barely fit inside it. I have to really squeeze it, but it works. I'm glad because I wouldn't want to have to constantly install and remove this grip just to put it inside a pouch.
on April 22, 2015
Difficult to give a poor review of an item that only cost me $4 The clips that are near the shoulder buttons each broke off within 2 days of using this. One is gone completely and the other is fractured, ready to come off at any moment.

The actual grips are wonderful, making it much more comfortable to hold the Vita for extended periods of time. Without the top brackets holding it in place, the case becomes incredibly flimsy though.

There are two small pegs that pop out from the grips that work as a stand. They can be a bit difficult to pop out but eventually you'll figure it out. I have no reason to actually use those because I watch videos on other devices, but it's a nice little touch. I did some Remote Play of Hulu and put the Vita in the standing position. That was nice but I only did it for the sake of doing it.

Although it is only $4, I don't think I can recommend this to anyone. I wish I would have invested that $4 into a better grip-case, if there even is such a thing.
review image
on March 7, 2015
This is a great product, it clips on and stays on solid. I have massive gorilla hands, and this could be a little larger FOR ME. However for the majority of people with normal sized appendages it will do nicely. The stand feature is nice but the left nub is sticky and a pain sometime, but honestly I rarely ever use it. still, highly recommended.
on September 7, 2013
I'm not sure why this product is called a "trigger" grip since there are no built-in triggers at all. Anyhow, the grip is made of solid yet slim hard plastic that does indeed make the Vita easier to grip for long play sessions. The fit is nice and tight and all ports and buttons are easily accessible. I definitely expect this to help with Killzone Mercenary when it comes out next week in the U.S.

The only minor complaint I have is the back of the grip is not as "grippy" as it could be, meaning it may still slip if your hands get sweaty. For the price I paid I guess that's a very minor issue. Also, due to the slim-ness of the plastic, I wonder about the long-term durability. I can see a potential for the thinner parts of the frame to break if you happen to put weight on it. Probably not a huge risk but a definite possibility.

If you are interested in this item, I recommend searching for it on eBay instead of paying full price; you should be able to find a brand new one for less than $5.

*** EDIT 9/16/13 ***
Quick update after getting Killzone Mercenary. This grip has made a HUGE difference in comfort level for playing KZ. The hand position is much more relaxed which means longer play sessions without cramping. Very happy with this purchase!
on January 26, 2016
I LOVE how this feels. My Vita sits perfectly inside the grip and having big hands, this makes it so long sessions of game play are pain-free. Originally i purchased the Nyko grip with the battery, but it was bothering me that I had to always secure the vita by sliding the charging dock into the vita, which meant it was constantly charging. Really, unless you are anal like I am, there is no reason to take the vita out of this grip. The only reason I do is so that I can put it back into the hard case to protect it in case of accidental drops or falls.