4.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
Here a quick overview of this grip. I have tried other ones and settled on this one. They have lasted for over 6 months without any issues.
Published 14 months ago by LB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worse thing out there, but the worse where it counts
I wasn't all that upset when I first got this PS Vita addition. I was looking for a grip that fit my hands a bit better as any grown-up with a Vita can attest to, the buttons are rather close to each other and managing it can prove difficult sometimes.

Published 6 months ago by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 7, 2013
Length:: 1:31 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it! Works fine. The only one on the market so far., March 4, 2012
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
Pretty nice launch accessory. Since it's the only trigger add on that's on the market, it's hard to compare it. It's not a game changer like using good arcade fight stick on a fighting game. It does make life easier like using good Turtle Beach headset for an online FPS game. If Hori makes a better one, I may jump on it. Overall I'm happy with it and don't plan on returning it.

Pros:
- Works and does the job
- Triggers was my only main draw of buying this and they work great. Playing Uncharted makes it easier and more fun but games like Hot Shots Golf won't make a difference (duh).
- Placement of the triggers are further down than where the shoulder buttons are which is perfect.
- Semi rubberish grips are fine and feel pretty nice. Glad it's not plastic.
- It a nice tight fit so it doesn't move or get loose.
- Snaps on and off easily. If you want to remove it to use a plastic case to take it on the go, it won't be a problem switching out.
- If you're using the Sony brand protective film (screen protector) like I am, the Trigger Grips won't touch, ruin, or interfere with it.

Cons:
- The grips don't branch out that far down. That can be good or bad depending on preference. I don't mind that much but would rather have them a little longer.
- It'll obviously makes the Vita a little bulkier so it's harder to fit it into your pocket or take it on the go.
- I'm a little on fence on the price. Seems it should be $9.99 but most Vita accessories are $15 - $20 anyways. Amazon (as the seller) has it for $15 but it pretty much sold out right away during the launch of the Vita. Got mine at Gamestop for $18. Gamestop and Toys R Us are selling some of their Vita accessories a few more dollars for some reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for remote play, January 8, 2014
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
My primary reason for buying my vita was the remote play. My ps4 is on a tv with a lot of traffic in my house and to know I could continue playing Assassins Creed or Battlefield while someone was hogging up the tv was a godsend. I quickly realized for battlefield the vita was not a good idea to use aiming was hard reaching the touch pad to sprint was annoying and i was getting murked in multiplayer maps. Also holding the vita can get tiring at times because it is so different. This trigger though solved not only my uncomfortable hand problems but has made the vita playable for FPS and improved my assassins creed experience. The only gripe i have about this grip is the material its made out of sometimes my hands can be over sensitive and the sensation of rubbing my palms against this rubbery material isn't a good one, but not a deal breaker. Also I'm not a big fan of snap on accessories but I haven't noticed any scrap marks on my phones, but I haven't noticed any on the bottom of my vita yet... but in a few months ill do an update and see how it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Vita it's a great grip, but it is not without a flaw or two., March 14, 2014
Daddy Shawn "Writer & daddy." (La Verne, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
The PDP PSVita Trigger Grips is great. I absolutely love the trigger grips, makes a lot of games a lot easier. It's comfortable on the hands and your fingers will thank you. Overall I'd recommend it BUT be warned. If you are particular about your hand helds then this grip will scratch the sides. It's a hard plastic and tight. It keeps the Vita in nicely but if you need to put it in and out it will scratch. After only a few days I noticed scratches on the sides of my previously new Vita. It's no big deal if you don't need to remove it to go into a case or don't care about scratching, but it will happen. Other grips I've used didn't do this but they also don't have the triggers. You get some and lose some. Still I'm going to use it because the games are the most important and the screen isn't hurt at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worse thing out there, but the worse where it counts, December 30, 2013
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)

The actual setup fits around the Vita nicely and the trigger buttons feel more like a console controller. However, the grips for your palms are not very "grippy"; they are rather smooth. Trying to play a game that utilizes the R2, R3, L2, and L3 buttons on the back touch pad is difficult, so I was searching for a grip that let me hold my hands where it would feel less cramped.

These setbacks were not make or break for me, and it would've received 4 stars probably. However the real problem has reared it ugly face a few days later. The triggers are starting to stick and this is a bad thing when you are playing shooting games... This is why it's been given 2 stars. To me, that's a big problem.

Overall, it fits "well" in my hands and leaves all the ports open for charging, power, volumes, memory card, vita games, etc. so it's not a POS, but the sticking triggers is a real setback. Maybe I'll oil up the actual trigger grips and this will solve my problem, but be aware this is a possibility for you to.

5.0 out of 5 stars PDP Grip, Works Nicely, August 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
Just got the PDP grip for my vita, and I've gotta say, it's pretty nice. Fits the vita like a glove. I've always had problems accidentally hitting the rear touch pad which could interfere with my games, and the PDP grip makes it much easier to hold the vita.

The grip's texture is great and makes the vita a bit less slippery. Instead of it just sliding out of your hands if they're sweaty, you can actually grip the handles firmly. The grip does add some bulk, so I can't carry both in my case. Definitely makes the vita feel like a controller, though.

My only complaints are that it's a little tricky to get off, but that's mostly because I'm religiously protective of my Vita's condition and don't like things clicking against it.

It also makes it a little awkward to manipulate the volume and power buttons (they're right up next to the border of the case), but it's not too big a deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, however.., March 9, 2012
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
Item is great. Feels just like holding a PS3 controller. I like the triggers, they're responsive but a tad bit "clicky" if you know what I mean. The only problem I really have with the product is that I have the HORI screen protector on my VITA and when I sit the VITA into the Grip, the top corners push the screen protector off the VITA, and over a few minutes, thus allowing dust and hair to get in only to create air bubbles. Maybe it's the placement of the screen protector but I lined it up almost perfect when applying it. It stops me from using the grips sometimes, probably better to use without a protector or maybe a different one, though I love the one I have now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great add on for the Vita except..., January 2, 2014
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
So I bought this because I have found the Vita to be fairly uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time. Between the extended hand area and the triggers, it makes the whole experience much better. It snaps on and stays on which is great.

If I have one complaint, and I do, it's that it doesn't fit any available Vita cases and the design is flimsy unless on the Vita so transporting it in my bag off of the Vita is a risk I'm not willing to take.

I have been using a larger portable DVD case which does the job but isn't ideal.

5 stars for the product on the Vita, 4 for it off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it came in white, January 25, 2013
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
These trigger grips are a god send. My hands were cramping up holding the Vita all by itself until I got these grips. Now I can use the joysticks with greater ease; and the trigger buttons feel fantastic I really wish they had made a white version to match my white Vita. Oh well, as long as its doing its job, I'm satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT IS A MUST!!, October 19, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Accessory)
One thing on the PSVita that im still kinda getting use to is the touch pad on the back, i like to rest my fingers there but on fifa 13 this is a problem! These trigger grips solve that issue!!! It make it feel like ur playing with a ps3 remote!!! plus the L and R buttons become so much easier to use!!! You have to get em!!!!!

PDP PSVita Trigger Grips
PDP PSVita Trigger Grips by PDP (PlayStation Vita)
$14.99 $5.99