4.0 out of 5 stars Very good
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
Here a quick overview of this grip. I have tried other ones and settled on this one. They have lasted for over 6 months without any issues.
Published 21 months ago by LB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worse thing out there, but the worse where it counts
I wasn't all that upset when I first got this PS Vita addition. I was looking for a grip that fit my hands a bit better as any grown-up with a Vita can attest to, the buttons are rather close to each other and managing it can prove difficult sometimes.

Published 13 months ago by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, May 7, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Length:: 1:31 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for remote play, January 8, 2014
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
My primary reason for buying my vita was the remote play. My ps4 is on a tv with a lot of traffic in my house and to know I could continue playing Assassins Creed or Battlefield while someone was hogging up the tv was a godsend. I quickly realized for battlefield the vita was not a good idea to use aiming was hard reaching the touch pad to sprint was annoying and i was getting murked in multiplayer maps. Also holding the vita can get tiring at times because it is so different. This trigger though solved not only my uncomfortable hand problems but has made the vita playable for FPS and improved my assassins creed experience. The only gripe i have about this grip is the material its made out of sometimes my hands can be over sensitive and the sensation of rubbing my palms against this rubbery material isn't a good one, but not a deal breaker. Also I'm not a big fan of snap on accessories but I haven't noticed any scrap marks on my phones, but I haven't noticed any on the bottom of my vita yet... but in a few months ill do an update and see how it goes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it! Works fine. The only one on the market so far., March 4, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
Pretty nice launch accessory. Since it's the only trigger add on that's on the market, it's hard to compare it. It's not a game changer like using good arcade fight stick on a fighting game. It does make life easier like using good Turtle Beach headset for an online FPS game. If Hori makes a better one, I may jump on it. Overall I'm happy with it and don't plan on returning it.

Pros:
- Works and does the job
- Triggers was my only main draw of buying this and they work great. Playing Uncharted makes it easier and more fun but games like Hot Shots Golf won't make a difference (duh).
- Placement of the triggers are further down than where the shoulder buttons are which is perfect.
- Semi rubberish grips are fine and feel pretty nice. Glad it's not plastic.
- It a nice tight fit so it doesn't move or get loose.
- Snaps on and off easily. If you want to remove it to use a plastic case to take it on the go, it won't be a problem switching out.
- If you're using the Sony brand protective film (screen protector) like I am, the Trigger Grips won't touch, ruin, or interfere with it.

Cons:
- The grips don't branch out that far down. That can be good or bad depending on preference. I don't mind that much but would rather have them a little longer.
- It'll obviously makes the Vita a little bulkier so it's harder to fit it into your pocket or take it on the go.
- I'm a little on fence on the price. Seems it should be $9.99 but most Vita accessories are $15 - $20 anyways. Amazon (as the seller) has it for $15 but it pretty much sold out right away during the launch of the Vita. Got mine at Gamestop for $18. Gamestop and Toys R Us are selling some of their Vita accessories a few more dollars for some reason.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worse thing out there, but the worse where it counts, December 30, 2013
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)

The actual setup fits around the Vita nicely and the trigger buttons feel more like a console controller. However, the grips for your palms are not very "grippy"; they are rather smooth. Trying to play a game that utilizes the R2, R3, L2, and L3 buttons on the back touch pad is difficult, so I was searching for a grip that let me hold my hands where it would feel less cramped.

These setbacks were not make or break for me, and it would've received 4 stars probably. However the real problem has reared it ugly face a few days later. The triggers are starting to stick and this is a bad thing when you are playing shooting games... This is why it's been given 2 stars. To me, that's a big problem.

Overall, it fits "well" in my hands and leaves all the ports open for charging, power, volumes, memory card, vita games, etc. so it's not a POS, but the sticking triggers is a real setback. Maybe I'll oil up the actual trigger grips and this will solve my problem, but be aware this is a possibility for you to.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the Vita it's a great grip, but it is not without a flaw or two., March 14, 2014
Daddy Shawn "Writer & daddy." (La Verne, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
The PDP PSVita Trigger Grips is great. I absolutely love the trigger grips, makes a lot of games a lot easier. It's comfortable on the hands and your fingers will thank you. Overall I'd recommend it BUT be warned. If you are particular about your hand helds then this grip will scratch the sides. It's a hard plastic and tight. It keeps the Vita in nicely but if you need to put it in and out it will scratch. After only a few days I noticed scratches on the sides of my previously new Vita. It's no big deal if you don't need to remove it to go into a case or don't care about scratching, but it will happen. Other grips I've used didn't do this but they also don't have the triggers. You get some and lose some. Still I'm going to use it because the games are the most important and the screen isn't hurt at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish it came in white, January 25, 2013
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
These trigger grips are a god send. My hands were cramping up holding the Vita all by itself until I got these grips. Now I can use the joysticks with greater ease; and the trigger buttons feel fantastic I really wish they had made a white version to match my white Vita. Oh well, as long as its doing its job, I'm satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not enhance the Vita AND makes the triggers worse., September 11, 2014
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
This item is a waste. A good handheld grip accessory needs to serve 2 functions in order to properly replicate the comfort of a console style controller: 1) It needs to flare out at the bottom on each side in order to bring your wrists into a more natural position (giving the "wing" shape that we associate with most modern controllers), and 2) the accessory needs to add more thickness to the back of the device in order to provide a better "grip" - giving your fingers something to curve around, thus removing the burden of holding and positioning the device from your fingers, and thereby alleviating fatigue. The PDP PSVita Trigger Grips address function 1, but fail to address function 2 in any meaningful way. The accessory lends no additional thickness to the Vita itself, leaving the system still rather difficult to hold over extended periods of time. Furthermore the trigger function, which is the accessory's primary selling point detracts more from gameplay than it adds. The shape of the new extended triggers is comfortable, but they add an unpleasant mashy feeling that really detracts from the player's response time. I would not recommend this accessory, inexpensive or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Hands? PS3 Clone Controller? Wish Granted!, September 30, 2012
Jonicraw "Jona" (Windy City/Chicago) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
(Mr. Master Reviewer ^.^)

As far as the actual packaging to the product itself, this is a perfect solution for those who want to play their PSVita without being strangled down by their own hands. Provides a very simple 2 step instruction booklet to properly install the hand grips on your Vita and also remove when times of travel are in motion.

The material of the hand grips and nearly a matte/soft-touch finish which I absolutely love! Nearly sweat proof but not exactly so don't think it will prevent sweat. I just prefer the matte/soft-touch material rather then Sony's legit glossy material that is normally found on any Sony brand product.

All in all, simple product, perfect alternative for a PS3 Controller feel. It is slightly bigger than a PS3 controller when attached to a PSVita but anyhow, fantastic buy if you game on hardcore or simply demand gaming on a console controller feel with touch screen enhancements.

I have provided additional Amazon product images so that viewers can grasp a better idea on the product before purchasing. Hope they help :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, don't like., August 12, 2014
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
I bought a PS Vita recently and this had came along with it for free. Putting the Vita into place is quite easy as it just snap in. But when you actually hold the Vita within the case, you'll notice that the handle grips are so small that there really isn't any point in it. I started to play Most Wanted with it just to try it and about 30minutes in, I notice that my ring and pinky finger are started to cramp up. On normal controllers, those last two fingers would be wrapped around the end of the handle, but in this case since the handles are too small, it can't wrap around anything and playing while having the fingers extended out feels awkward.

5.0 out of 5 stars PDP Grip, Works Nicely, August 30, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: PDP PSVita Trigger Grips (Video Game)
Just got the PDP grip for my vita, and I've gotta say, it's pretty nice. Fits the vita like a glove. I've always had problems accidentally hitting the rear touch pad which could interfere with my games, and the PDP grip makes it much easier to hold the vita.

The grip's texture is great and makes the vita a bit less slippery. Instead of it just sliding out of your hands if they're sweaty, you can actually grip the handles firmly. The grip does add some bulk, so I can't carry both in my case. Definitely makes the vita feel like a controller, though.

My only complaints are that it's a little tricky to get off, but that's mostly because I'm religiously protective of my Vita's condition and don't like things clicking against it.

It also makes it a little awkward to manipulate the volume and power buttons (they're right up next to the border of the case), but it's not too big a deal.

PDP PSVita Trigger Grips
PDP PSVita Trigger Grips by PDP (PlayStation Vita)
Out of stock