From the Back Cover
Master enterprise-level Red Hat Linux administrationfast!
Learn to maintain an enterprise-level Red Hat server system.
- Watch, listen, and learn as your instructor, leading Red Hat Certified Engineer and best-selling author Mark Komarinski, demonstrates the key tasks needed to master Red Hat Linux 7.1 system administration.
- A complete learning experience! Watch Mark's desktop as he demonstrates key configuration and troubleshooting tasks. Listen to expert audio explanations. Learn key sys admin tasks and practice using exercises.
- Provides real solutions: user management, security, backup/restore, package management, Web/email services, troubleshooting, and more!
- Follow the course with the customized printed course workbook!
Runs on Linux and Windows
- For Windows
- 300 MHz processor or higher
Windows 95/98/NT 4.x/2000/XP
- For Linux
- Any distribution based on the Linux 2.2 (or higher) kernel that supports the RPM format
- 32 MB disk space/64 MB RAM
12x CD-ROM drive and sound card support
- Netscape 4.0 or higher (included)
Deploy and administer an enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systemright now!
Stop struggling with dense textbooks: watch, listen, and learn as Mark Komarinski demonstrates the key Red Hat Linux system administration techniques you need to master! PTG Interactive's Training Course for Red Hat Linux combines powerful browser-based instruction with over 50 digital videos straight from the author's desktop! You'll walk step-by-step through account management, security, networking, deploying Web and email services, backup/restore, package management, kernel recompilation, Linux troubleshooting, and more.
Watch digital videos and animations. Listen to expert audio explanations. Learn to master enterprise-level Red Hat Linux systems the easy way!
Comprehensive coverage of key tasks! Including user accounts, boot/shutdown, installation, networking, printing, Samba, email, FTP, GNOME, upgrades, kernel, and much more!
Test your knowledge with practice exercises and self-assessment questions.
Learn all this, and more...
- Install Red Hat Linux and other Linux software
- Create, manage, and secure user accounts
- Administer Red Hat from command line and GNOME graphical interface
- Deploy Internet and Web services: Apache, email, FTP, NetNews, and more
- Use Samba to provide cost-effective file/print services to Windows users
- Perform backups and restores
- Configure TCP/IP-based networking
- Customize and recompile the Linux kernel
- Troubleshoot any Red Hat Linux system
SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR
- Anyone seeking a fast, easy way to master Red Hat Linux administration
- System administrators migrating from Windows or UNIX
- New system administrators
- Experienced Red Hat Linux administrators who want to deepen their skills
- Power users of any Linux distribution
- Web professionals running Apache on Linux
- Anyone who needs to deliver cost-effective file/print services to Windows users
Other Training Course Products
- Elijah Lovejoy's ASP Training Course
Eben Hewitt's ColdFusion Training Course
Dan Livingston's Advanced Macromedia Flash Training Course
Lynn Kyle's Dreamweaver Training Course
Lynn Kyle's Flash Training Course
Lynn Kyle's Photoshop Training Course
Bonus! Customized printed course workbook is perfect for following the course from start to finish!
- Total Running Time:
- Over 4 Hours
About the Author
Mark Komarinski, RHCE is currently Senior Systems Engineer at VA Linux Systems. He has been working with Linux since 1992. Long active in the Linux community, he created the Author's Guide for the Linux Documentation Project, maintains the Linux Printing Usage HOWTO, and has been a columnist for Linux Journal. Komarinski holds Red Hat Certified Engineer certification.