Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 28, 2015
This duffel bag is well-made, functional and a fantastic value for the price. With pockets and compartments and spaces for just about everything, its versatility still surprises me every time I pack it for a different sport.

First, a brief background. For more than two years, I've been playing in an adult soccer league with games and practices held twice a week. For my first year, I used an old knapsack that was simply not up to the task: it couldn't fit all my gear (as the goalie, I carry extra gear) and even when I was able to cram it all in, it was awkward to carry around -- sticking out from my back like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, which was really fun on the subways! Worst of all, my damp, stinky soccer gear eventually began soiling the inside of my backpack, which wasn't practically washable.

After a while, I decided to invest in an athletic duffel bag. I wanted one that served two purposes: 1) To properly contain and transport my soccer gear to and from games and practices; 2) Provide me with a gym bag to take to my neighborhood fitness center. I've owned the Puma Duffel bag for more than 18 months -- and it does both jobs perfectly.

The bag's outer shell is durable, holding up to more than a few light rain showers without the contents getting soaked. Despite occasionally giving the bag the rough treatment -- tossing it across the field, scraping it and chain link fences, numerous Gatorade leaks, forgetting to unload stinky, wet clothes for almost 48 hours -- the duffel has held up beautifully. No scrapes. No permanent stains. No broken (or even "tricky") zippers. No torn fabric. Nothing. Nada.

Washing the duffel is a cinch. I turn it inside out, dump it in the front loader, add some light detergent (less is better than more in this instance, I think) and 40 minutes later I take it out and let it hang dry. Boom. That's it! I do it maybe once a season.

Unless you're an athlete who plays contact sports requiring extensive protective equipment -- football, hockey, lacrosse -- then this bag will hold everything you need. An internal compartment easily stores a pair of cleats or sneakers or other foot gear. I have Size-13 cleats and there's plenty of room for them in the shoe compartment, which is separate from the main compartment and keeps my footwear from dirtying other items in the bag. Also, two strategically placed air holes provide breathability for damp cleats or sneakers after your workout. (Believe me, they help.) There's another external side pouch on the opposite end where I will usually place anything from snacks to instant ice packs. Additionally, there exists an internal pocket where I typically store my iPhone, keys and wallet. That still leaves the rest of the bag, into which I place shin guards, socks, a soccer ball, shorts, a goalie jersey, among other things. But don't take my word for it: see my attached photos below. This bag stores WAAAY more than its appearance suggests. Having said that, whenever I use it for a trip to the fitness center, I don't load it up with nearly as much gear. And yet even when the bag is only half-loaded, it still feels comfortable and not at all awkward to carry.

I have purchased a lot of sports and soccer gear from Amazon over the years, and I've written many, many reviews about them. (Feel free to check out my other sports and soccer-related gear reviews at "JKI".) I must say when it comes to value for your money, this is perhaps one of the best sports-related items I've ever purchased.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 14, 2013
I was looking for a gym bag to take to and from work as my office has a built-in gym and I wanted something easy to carry around, yet large enough to pack my work clothes in without getting wrinkled.

I first went to Target but all their bags were ugly and obviously cheaply made.

I found this one on Amazon, and while it was a little above my price range, it was completely worth it. It's just the right size, looks nice, has a good quality should strap with very nice padding, and plenty of storage. My favorite feature is the the shoe compartment, which is accessed from the side. You can store your shoes in there without them dirtying your clothes and the pocket is very large so you won't be cramming your shoes there and struggling to zip it up. On the inside, it has a zippered pouch, which has plenty of room for my combo lock, running headphones, and iPhone silicon case. The zippers have nice big tassles (not sure if that is exactly the correct word) that make it easy to zip and unzip, and the zippers/teeth are high quality and the action is smooth.

This bag is perfect for my needs. You can easily fit your shoes, pants, socks, shirt, belt, and a couple of books if needed. Great basic bag for packing gym essentials.
on October 20, 2013
I'll admit when I received the bag I was a bit disappointed. It seemed smaller than pictured and I thought it wasn't going to fit my needs. I've been using it for a few weeks now and I've completely changed my mind!

The quality of the material is no different from any other gym bag. It seems to be strong and well made. It has got great space as well. I was able to fit a change of clothes (t-shirt, jeans, underwear, bra, and socks), a good-sized towel, 2 sets of shoes (street shoes and shower flip-flops) in the shoe compartment, shampoo, conditioner, soap, makeup, jewelry, ipod with headphones, wallet, water bottle, keys, and deodorant with plenty of room to spare! Great if you plan on going in the mornings and want to go straight from the gym to work/whatever you have planned for the day.
on April 1, 2013
BEST DUFFEL BAG EVER HAD, well it has 4 compartments 1 for shoes so your clothes will not get dirty,then one for clothes(the big main one), the other end of the bag(which is the opposite side of the shoes compartment) has a medium size compartment for phones protein bars accessory and whatever you want,the last one is actually inside the main one its about a pouch size perfect for storing your wallet while your working out i cannot be anymore pleased with my purchase i highly highly recommend this more then worth it! love it!
on March 22, 2015
After the zipper broke on my Nike bag, I decided to look at other brands. I saw this bag with good reviews at a good price and decided to give it a shot.

So was it worth it? In short - yup! There's not too much to say about a duffel bag, so I'll get a few things out of the way. While the bag itself is pretty roomy, just keep in mind that if you're putting shoes in the shoe pocket, you'll be taking up some room in the main area of the bag. And the zippers? Fantastic - they feel a lot better than the old Nike bag I had and I feel like it won't break anytime soon.

It seems to have the right balance of room, at least for me. I go to the gym every morning before work, so I fit the following things in the bag:
-Two pairs of shoes, both in the shoe pocket (my work dress shoes and a pair of indoor running shoes)
-Work clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, undershirt, boxers, socks, and occasionally a hoodie or sweater)
-Bathroom items (razor, shave cream, deodorant, and a few small things for the shower)
-A lock for the lockers

So not that much, but definitely a decent amount. The two pairs of shoes really fills up the shoe pocket which, in turn, also fills up the main storage area. With a sweater or hoodie, it's a little bit of a squeeze getting my clothes in there without wrinkling them, but I've never had an issue trying to close the zipper.

The shoe pocket is my favorite part - my old bag didn't have it so I always would see a few specks of dirt on the bottom of the bag - not good when you've got dress clothing in there! With this pocket, I can fit two pairs of shoes and no dirt ever touches my clothing which is awesome! It's also got two side vents so your bag doesn't stink up from your shoes!

The other side pocket has a lot of room for bathroom items like shampoo or shaving items. There's also a little zipper pocket in the main storage area that you can toss your phone, keys, or lock in for quick access.

Overall? A great bag with good construction. Might be a little small for some people, but I think it's the perfect size for me!
review image review image review image review image review image
on February 13, 2013
Use it daily, great small gym bag. It fits everything that I need with room to spare for work documents, lunch, ect. I use side pocket for toiletries and the built-in shoe bag is a nice feature that keeps your sneakers separate from your clothes. This duffel bag is not bulky and it's very functional.
on June 6, 2012
Is a fathers day gift, was disappointed in the material. By the looks of the photo I thought it would've been made out of a stronger, stiffer and thicker material. But it was thin and flimsy. Looks better stuffed to the max I guess. I do like the shoe compartment so u don't get clothes dirty and I'm sure it helps with smell especially with the vents. The shoulder straps padding is nice. Overall, being this bag was less then 1.00 cheaper then the MRSP price I think next time I will go out in person and do my shopping to get a better look at what I am buying and get a better deal. I found the same product on other websites afterwards for less and I know in stores they have sales that would be even cheaper, especially when u save on shipping.
on July 17, 2013
I had been carrying my gym clothes in a duffel bag but I needed something more constructed. This bag is great because it is easy to carry with a wide shoulder strap. There is a separate shoe compartment on one end and another small pocket on the other. I carry sneakers, flip flops, water bottle and workout clothes with no problem. If there was one thing I would like it would be a waterproof pocket for wet swimsuits.
on August 1, 2013
Well made. It appears it will survive a lot of abuse for a long time. Pockets on the ends are very handy for separating type of equipment. Wet clothes pocket perfect for sweaty clothing. Plenty of room for paddles, shoes, etc.
on December 19, 2014
The bag has a nice design and it is the perfect size. However, after about 2 month of use, the zipper on the small outside pocket has broken and will no longer zip up. I have missed the return time frame and am disappointed that I must now buy a better replacement. Not good for a bag that cost 35 dollars. It has the material and quality of a $10 bag.

***updated***

I recently contacted PUMA's warranty department and after an initial contact and request for additional information I have received nothing in return. I even called and and requested some simple feedback. I was told the person that does warranties was out and he would return my call, but still nothing. Not even a simple "no" your not covered or other rejection.

Bottom line, this bag was crap. I paid way too much for the word PUMA to be written on it.

Hopefully you will find this review helpful. Interestingly enough, every review that is negative on this product is found to be not helpful, Keep in mind the consistency of the low starts. Cheap quality and poor workmanship. If you need a bag to hold up, this is not the one. I did find that Adidas makes a similar bag with heavy zippers; addressing the shortfalls of this bag.