Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.22 shipping
+ Free Shipping
PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
|Price:||$28.00 + $6.22 shipping|
|You Save:||$11.99 (30%)|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Water dispenser with filter; reduces chemicals, bad taste and odor in water
- Narrow, sleek design; fits neatly in refrigerator or sink for refilling
- Advanced filtration system; reduces more contaminants than other pour-through filters
- Filter-life gauge indicates when filter needs to be replaced
- Handles make it easy to fill and carry
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: PUR 18 Cup Dispenser with One Pitcher Filter DS-1800Z
Brita Everyday Water Filter Pitcher, 10 Cup B004GNGID0
|Shipping||$6.22||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Grady's Online||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Bay 15|
|Dimensions||5.5 inches x 15.9 inches x 10.2 inches||7.25 inches x 14 inches x 8.75 inches||10.47 inches x 10.94 inches x 5.59 inches||10 inches x 19.31 inches x 16 inches|
|Item Weight||4.7 pounds||3.7 pounds||2.29 pounds||0 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Our unique, premium carbon water filter removes 95% of mercury. It also reduces chlorine (taste and odor) and 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals,* giving you clean, great-tasting water. Yet it still leaves behind beneficial fluoride.
The PUR Water Dispenser also offers these great benefits:
- Holds 18 8-oz cups (1.125 gallons) of healthy, great-tasting water
- Removes an average of 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals The only pitcher filter that has been tested to remove up to an average of 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals*
- Slim, space-saving design makes optimal use of refrigerator shelf
- Fits conveniently in the sink for refilling with a special fill-tray design that helps distribute weight and handles that make it easy to fill and carry
- Water filter provides up to 40 gallons of clean water
"Certified to reduce 2X more contaminants than Brita" - Pur pitchers removes 13 contaminants whereas Brita claims to remove 6
Advanced and AdvancedPlus
|Product Options||PUR Horizontal Mount |
PUR Vertical Mount
PUR Flavor Options®
|PUR Faucet Mount||PUR 18 cup Dispenser |
PUR Flavor Options Pitcher
|Corresponding Filter||MineralClear™ Filter |
|ClassicClear™ Filter |
|Filtered Water On Demand|
|Estimated Filter Life||3 months||3 months||2 months|
|Water Filtered per Filter||100 gallons||100 gallons||40gallons|
|Leaves Fluoride in Water|
|Filters Over Natural Minerals for a Crisp, Refreshing Taste |
|Contaminants Reduced |
per NSF certification
Style Name: Standard Packaging
Top Customer Reviews
We have found that after a couple of weeks (sometimes less) the filters really slow down. At first we'd just replace them, because even with replacing the filter every couple of weeks it's cheaper to filter water than to buy it pre-bottled. (My daughter just did a science project on the fact that bottled water is almost completely unregulated, so filtering your own tested/regulated tap water is probably safer anyway.) However, we have since discovered that if you pull the filter out and soak it in cold water for 10 minutes, the same as you do when starting a new filter, the drip speed increases again. Now our filters really last the month or two they're supposed to.
I have never had a problem with mold or mildew with this dispenser, a problem that some people have with Britas. I wash it every once in a while when I see dust in the top part, but I'm really amazed at how clean and fresh it has stayed all these years. It is really convenient to use though it's a little heavy to return to the fridge once it's filled (another reason ours stays on the counter).
I'm on this page now just because our dispenser has (finally) started to leak from the spout. There aren't many products that can be used heavily for 3 years without a single problem! So after I finish this review, I'm going to buy another one. I don't know of any better, safer, cheaper, more delicious way to keep a large family hydrated.
|Length: 2:31 Mins|
Update 10/24/12: Still working amazingly well. Just pop it in the dishwasher every time I change the filter and its good as new.
1) I got really tired of lugging/schlepping/dragging 2 of those to the machine at least twice a month
2) Call me crazy but I did not trust the keeper of the machines to properly care for the machines, at least with the PUR dispenser I know I will care for it and change the filter
3) I would at times run out of water in those jugs and then be forced to use bottled water (which I only have in the house as backup) and then be running out after dark to have those jugs refilled, and that probably wasn't the best idea when it comes to safety.
One thing I will miss about the jugs and the dispenser, is that it had hot water along with cold, but the amount of times I would use the hot water does not make me regret making the switch to the PUR Dispenser.
I have notices that it lasts a good while in my fridge, and filters A LOT quicker than I expected. The taste is very good and a total change from my Long Beach, CA spigot water. It takes up virtually no room up in my fridge, which is nice, and is very easy to fill. The handle feels very sturdy and even has some quick snap back, so be careful but it will flip up very quickly!
I would say that if you are looking for a new solution to clean, fresh water, and you drink a good amount of water, or use a good amount for cooking, look no further because this is the product for you. I have told a few friends about this product and they are interested and I know one is going to end up getting it.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I purchased this water filter after getting fed up with my Filtrete pitcher filter. The water tastes much better and I haven't had any issues with the container. Read morePublished 3 hours ago by mcnelson
I like this over the Brita. Water tastes better and I really like the fact you can clean the entire dispenser with ease.Published 1 day ago by P. Waldron
I like this filter but it filters too slow. Other than that it is as expected.Published 1 day ago by its just me
Bought this back in September because I have a household of 4 people and didn't think that the standard Brita pitcher was big enough. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Ariel
This item didnt come on time then after I receive the item, it was broken! The white top cover is broken...chipped off!!!Published 2 days ago by Jason Soriano/Jimelyn Soriano
I use it every day. I like the fact that it has a baffle so it doesn't spill. The filter time takes about 2 1/2 hours to go from the top to the bottom part.Published 3 days ago by Ryan Brenneman
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated water filter pitchers in our Water Filter Pitcher Reviews.