Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes forum

PW Never Read The Book

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 14, 2007 6:20:36 AM PDT
What a pity that the reviewer for Publisher's Weekly didn't actually read "The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes" or she would have known that the book is a SINGLE NOVEL not a novella. Kinda makes you wonder how much trust to put in PW's reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2007 5:27:16 PM PDT
I agree. I can't wait to read "The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes" despite their review, and I'll also be much more careful in the future about buying or reading based on their word.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2007 6:18:18 PM PDT
And I want to know where PW gets off calling Lizzie "sullen"? Lizzie is far from sullen--sensitive, shy, soulful, maybe, but never sullen. The writer makes her sound as if she is a spoiled child. Nope, definitely didn't read the book. Kind of thought that was a prerequisite to writing a review--my bad.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jun 14, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes
The Unfortunate Miss Fortunes by Jennifer Crusie (Mass Market Paperback - July 2007)
3.9 out of 5 stars (68)