5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PA System
Published on March 21, 2011 by M. RAMIREZ-GARCIA

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyle Warranty Service Poor
Published on April 24, 2012 by B. Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome PA System, March 21, 2011
This review is from: Pyle PWMA860i Wireless and Portable PA Speaker Sound System with 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Dock, Built-in Rechargeable Battery, Wireless Microphone, 500 Watt (Electronics)
I work at an Airport and we sometimes have functions out on the airfield with all the airplanes noises at their loudest levels possible. We have used this system and it works wonderfully. Personnel are able to hear us speak and listening to music on my ipod is a bonus. I would recommend this system to anyone who could use it for any programs or functions that require to speak to many. One great feature is that is can be charged and used without worrying about plugging it in.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pyle Warranty Service Poor, April 24, 2012
The amp worked as advertised for a couple of months, then started smoking. I returned the amp for service (as instructed). The total out of pocket cost to return the amp was $65. They returned the amp to me after 45 days(they told me 10 days on the phone). They did not return my wireless microphone, cables, or power cord. Numerous emails and voice mails have been ignored. I spent literally hours trying to contact warranty support with no success. I would not recommend Pyle products. I ended up buy a wireless microphone to replace the one they kept.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds ok!, July 10, 2012
I have been a DJ for many years, and I needed something small to play Zumba music. The power is greatly overestimated at 250 watts rms, maybe 90 watts rms 115 watts peak. The mic is cheaply made and you have to eat it to get a good signal, but it works! The sound out of this is very surprising for an 8" woofer. I chose this model purposely for the woofer/tweeter combo. I would give this 5 stars if they knocked $50 off! This is a very small unit, the picture can be deceiving. My iPhone fits in the slot, as will almost any iPod, and feels very secure as it is held by springs. If you need a little something with enough sound for a small to mid size room buy it! Be realistic though, this will not give you club size sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a dance troupe at outdoor festivals and parades, November 4, 2011
Our dance troupe needed something portable, loud, and preferably battery-powered, and the PWMA860I fit the bill. I'd ordered a Pyle-Pro PWMA1080i (a more powerful version of this one) last year and had to return it to Amazon, as the iPod dock was broken out of the box and the sound volume through the input jack wasn't very loud. Because of this, I was leary of trying a less powerful unit, but the consistently good reviews (and a pressing need for a battery-powered PA) swayed me. We used it for several 20-minute dance sets at an outdoor festival on battery power only, with excellent results. We never had to turn the volume up more than half-way on either the PA or the iPod, and the telescoping handle and wheels made it a cinch to transport. We didn't use the included wireless microphone, so I cannot speak to its quality.

The iPod dock is cumbersome, but effective. You can only control the iPod using the dock's buttons, so you can't change playlists without removing the iPod from the dock. We used an iPod Nano 5th Generation with no problems, but I don't think an iPhone or iPod Touch will fit into this dock. The sound volume and quality is better via the dock, but you can also connect iPhones, MP3 players, CD Players, etc via the included cable to an input jack on the front.

So far, we really love this PA. Here's hoping it remains reliable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sound for your buck, July 20, 2010
I received the Pyle-Pro PWMA860I 500-Watt VHF Wireless Portable PA System/Echo with iPod Dock and was very impressed. The sound is clear and the adjustable options make it perfect for my use. This will be used for an upcoming wedding on a beach. The price is less than the cost of a DJ for one hour and the iPod docking system can be used to preload music. It is easy to use and sounds great, too. I was completely satisfied with it and recommend it highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the whole package, two minor problems I can work around, February 19, 2012
Tacoma Kat (Tacoma, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I do sound support at several levels, have a big system, a medium system, and now a small system. I expected this unit at the price to be used when I have small rooms, but by adding a second amplified speaker, I have been able to use it in much larger venues. The portability, and flexibility of the unit, especially with 4 inputs, and one output, are great for most of my requirements. The battery has lasted well during 2 hour programs, and pushes 4 or 5 hours with no quality of playback problems. For the price, I like it. The two minor problems are first, the Ipod dock is tough to insert the Ipod into, took some practice and a flashlight. Second, the microphone has very low output compared to the aux 2 and ipod inputs. I use a separate wireless mic with more range and output when I need to. Otherwise, I am very happy with this purchase, and I am considering a second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pyle Pro, May 18, 2010
fred (HAMPTON, Vatican City State (Holy See)) - See all my reviews
I have been in the auction business for 30 years, this Pyle Pro 500 is one of the best PA systems I have owned.
The sound quality was fantastic and the price was great.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving It, November 3, 2011
I just received the unit and I'm loving it. I'm a Zumba instructor and this piece seems to be just the right product for what I need it for. I love that it's REALLY portable(wheels and handle). I think it weights about 36lbs. Sound quality is fantastic at least in my home but I have no worries about sound quality for my class. The only thing I'm not 100% about is docking system. It's an awkward design but works. I worry that after repeated use of docking, it could break. Thank God you can hook up with the supplied cord for mp3 players. Thanks Pyle Pro. Oh on a final note. I ordered the equipment late Tuesday evening and the item was at my back door Thursday afternoon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pyle Pro 500, December 8, 2012
This product is decent, which I purchased it for the zumba classes that I teach. It's mobile and you can add additional speakers if need be. Plus I like the option of attaching my Ipod at the top or plugging it into the front. It plays loudly and you can adjust the bass, treble, etc. to improve the sound. However, after maybe the 3rd use I started hearing a buzzing sound, which can be drowned out once you increase the volume. I also don't care for the docking station for the Ipod because once you insert the IPOD (I have an IPOD TOUCH 32g) it can be difficult to access certain playlists. I typically prop the speaker up on a chair or table when I use it so the sound can travel better. That is just my preference but it can be heard clearly when sitting on the floor. If you are having a party or engagement up to 100 ppl then this will work nicely.

2.0 out of 5 stars not good, November 2, 2011
The first couple of hours I thought I was in heaven with this system! I teach PE at an elementary school and needed a cordless sound system. I spent hours putting all my music on my personal Ipod the night before and used it the next day. After about 5 classes, it went silent......no clue as to why. It has not held a charge since then. I now have to be locked into being near an outlet in order to use it.

Would NOT recommend this product...no way!