5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with Confidence
Published 23 months ago by Hiram Q. Pustule

3.0 out of 5 stars It charges but very slowly
Published 18 months ago by E. M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy with Confidence, November 18, 2012
This review is from: PWR+ Extra Long 6.5 Ft Cord Charging Data Sync Cable 3.0 USB to 40 Pin for Asus Eee Pad Transformer Tf101 A1 B1 ; Prime Tf201 & Tf300t ; Eee Pad Slider Sl101 A1 B1 Touchscreen Tab Tablet Pc Pad ; P/n 7n21135100344 Uc1l (Personal Computers)
The Charging Data Sync cable that came with my ASUS Transformer Prime TF201-B1-GR Eee Pad 10.1-Inch 32GB Tablet (Amethyst Gray) took a turn for the worse on a trip, when I noticed that the plastic housing around the USB connector had cracked and was starting to break away completely. Not terribly surprising, since it was fairly thin, brittle plastic. Any flexion at all was bound to over stress the corners. I contacted Asus, and they suggested I RMA the cable, which is nice, but that would mean I was without a cable for at least a week, probably more. No cable means no tablet, once the charge draws down, which usually takes a day (or two, if I have the Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Mobile Docking - Amethyst Gray (TF201-DOCK-GR) attached).

To Amazon! to find a replacement cable. Figured I'd buy a cheap replacement to get me through the week or two that my OEM cable is in transit. I found this cable, by PWR+. Excellent price, well reviewed. But there was a disturbing trend in the reviews, suggesting that with this cable, the tablet wouldn't work while charging. I contacted the vendor to see what they could tell me about that. I expected some typical corporate weasel-wordage, but what I got was, "The charging issue is very uncommon, we are still looking into the problem. You can purchase with a peace of mind, if there are any issues upon receipt, we will rectify it." I decided that if they were that confident about their product, I could risk a few bucks for it.

Oh, am I glad I did! I think others have claimed that this is the cable that should have come with the tablet. Well, it is! The plug guards are much more robust than the OEM cable; it's longer than the OEM, which comes in handy more than you might realize; and I have had no problem whatever with using the tablet while it's charging. It also transfers data from my PC to the tablet with no problem--although I usually use DropBox and CloudPipes for that.

It seems silly to write a four paragraph review extolling the praises of a cable. I mean, really: what does it do, besides connect to a couple devices and pass electricity back and forth? But the point is, it does all that, with a durability that I can tell will outstrip that of the OEM cable, with a somewhat longer reach than the OEM cable, and at a significantly lower price than a replacement OEM cable. If your cable is breaking apart like mine was, stop reading this stupid review and start placing your order. You're simply not going to find a better cable for a better price than this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Nicer than OE cable, September 28, 2012
First thing out of the box I noticed the PWR+ cable is thicker and sturdier. The next thing was the cable to connector junction was more than just a small section of shrink tube. The extra 1.5' of length makes all the difference when sitting on the couch charging my tablet. Connector ends are beefier and easier to hold onto when plugging them in. That is just the physical aspects of the cable. Electrically, the new cable must be of a heavier gauge than OE as the house adapter runs much cooler to the touch on full recharge.
This is the charging/data cable that should have been included from the factory.
I would Highly recommend this product to anyone charging their tablet almost every day as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually a better quality cable than the stock ASUS cable., September 26, 2012
I've been through two ASUS branded cables. The problem was while working on a US NAVY ship, things get beat up. Outlets aren't in the best places, cords get yanked and pulled on, etc.

The ASUS cables (if you pull them apart), look like they were done as part of an learn how to solder kit. The actual plastic part you grasp is nothing more than LIGHTLY glued on. Inside there is a tiny metal clamp on the cable that is supposed to protect the leads from getting pulled out of the PCB. One would think the OEM brand is the best quality and everything else is a cheap knock-off. WRONG.

The PWR+ cable is properly molded at a factory. It looks and feels like what the ASUS cable should. It's also longer to boot. I'm very satisfied, and this cable should last me a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine. My Error, April 13, 2013
I originally gave this one star, but it was my error. You cannot connect this to a regular USB charger. The ASUS TF300T needs more amps than a normal charger (or USB connection) puts out. Once I connected it to my ASUS charger, it was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great after replacement, great customer service from PWR+, March 29, 2013
Clay (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I initially gave this item a one star review due to a non-functioning cable, but PWR+ contacted me within hours of the review and offered to send out a replacement. I received the replacement and everything works great. It charges off of a couple different power sources and connects it to my PC. This is for the TF300, TF700, and the keyboard dock. I appreciate great customer service, so even though I had to deal with not having my item for a few more days, I give it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, excellent price, September 4, 2012
I receive the power and data cable for my ASUS Transformer through USPS. The cable seems to be of excellent quality and Pwr+ was quick in sending it. I would recommend Pwr+. They are a good company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick in remedying the situation as well as great Customer Service!, March 19, 2013
2ND Review: Was very impressed with the reply I got from the vendor in fixing the situation. He was determined to fix the problem & did at lightning speed! Very happy that it finally worked & thinking that the first cable was defective. Hence, my changing of the 1st review to this one. Once again, they have great Customer Service!
1ST Review:
as soon as I received the usb charger cable, I connected it to the ASUS power usb adapter and then connected to my ASUS EeePad Slider. NOTHING HAPPENED...meaning it does not work. demanding a refund of this product is inevitable.

3.0 out of 5 stars It charges but very slowly, April 3, 2013
E. M. "fxsts" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I forgot to pack my cable on my trip so I ordered it on Amazon and got it (the cable only version) shipped to where I was staying. The cable looked nice, and I plugged it to the ac adapter and to my TF300. As soon as I plugged it to the tablet, the screen turned on indicating that the batter was depleted. I let it charge for about 6 hours just to find out that it was only 33% charged. WTF. By the way, the tablet was even powered off. I had to get it charged more for my 5 hour flight so I let it charged over night, but the tablet was still showing only 75% charged.

[UPDATE]: It turned out that the DC output of the Asus wall charger, which came with TF300 is 15V 1.2A while the output of standard USB wall chargers is 5V. In order for this cable to work, you will need to use the original Asus wall charger. Using any other USB charger such as Apple iPad charger I used will result in very slow charge. It seems that Asus tablets require at least 11V in order for the charging indicater to even turn on. Based on this, I updated the rating from 1 star to 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Longer cable, December 6, 2012
I get frustrated when I want to have my tablet plugged in and charging while using and I am hamstrung in an awkward position because the plug is not in a convenient spot and the chord is too short. This works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars good thing!, October 12, 2013
My tablet couldn't be charged and I couldn't find a new charging cable in stores. I came here and compared some salers and finally chose this one. With it I can use my tablet on bed while charging, haha