PX100 vs. "Super-Aural" PX 100W Hello, before I buy a PX for the holidays I'd just like to confirm that the ONLY difference between the PX100 and the PX100W is the colour. Does "Super-Aural" mean anything different? Also since the PX100Ws are now discontinued are they at all behind in technology compared to the black PX100?
Thank you,
Josh
asked by Josh on November 23, 2006
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
In this context, "supra-aural" means that the headphones lay _on_ your ear--as opposed to cupping around your ear or going in your ear (like earbuds). That makes them the same style as the PX100 model. The W likely means white. Best guess? They differ only by color.

That said, the two product descriptions are not much help. One includes dimensions and one does not. One has audio specs and one does not. They weigh the same (one says 60 grams and one says 2.3 ounces--it's like someone intentionally tried to make a comparison as confusing as possible).
A. Thomas answered on November 24, 2006
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you very much for your help!

I found the same headphones at the apple store online (for a lot more then here!). They show the PX 100 in two colors (white and black---no mention of a "W") and the picture they show of the white one is the same as here. It is very strange how different the descriptions are, but I'm going to have to agree with you that they are basically the same.

Thanks again for your help,
Josh

EDIT: The Sennheiser site has the same discription for both products: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=005206
Josh answered on November 24, 2006
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The description is strange by Sennheiser to say the least . I'm sure they are the same .
OceanMan answered on October 2, 2007
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
and the word mini with the white ones is also weird or makes it seem like they're different somehow.
jed clampett answered on May 26, 2008

A
This may not help, but I bought the white PX 100's on Amazon about 2 years ago. Mine seem to be exactly the same as these black ones -- and they sound very good :)
A. Hobbs answered on September 24, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›