5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality
I purchased two sets of these speakers for my sister-in-law's Acura and I have to say I am very impressed.

The woofer cone is a very ridged plastic and they have a rubber surround, giving these speakers a very solid bass response. They have a built-in High-Pass Filter for the mid-range and tweeter, so they do not distort at high volume.

Excelent...
Published on April 18, 2010 by Benjamin J. Lucas

3.0 out of 5 stars Would have been a 4 except...
I would have given these speakers a 4, except that 1 speaker had hissing in it.
The box was undamaged, the speaker was undamaged.
But, there was a slight hiss in the 1 speaker.

If the 1 speaker didnt have the hissing, I would have given these speakers a 4.
The mids and highs are pretty good, and you can crank the sound up loud without distortion...
Published on March 17, 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality, April 18, 2010

Excelent equipment for the cost!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Factory Speaker Upgrade, Great Sounding Speakers, October 5, 2009
Frugal Fixer (Green Bay, Wi United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PYLE PLG6.4 6.5-Inch 300 Watt Four-Way Speakers (Electronics)
Received the product right away with no issues. Amazon is easy and reliable.
Used them to upgrade from the factory 5.5 inch rear door speakers in a Subaru Legacy wagon. The original door speakers came mounted in a plastic bezel underneath the door panel, but these would not fit because they were 6.5 inch. So I took the supplied speaker grill, punched out the screen, and flipped it over to mount the speakers. They ended up about 3/4 inch off the door, which was about perfect to clear power window, and stay under the door panel. I mounted the speakers off axis because they are mounted so low in the door, and they sound great. The radio is an aftermarket in dash Pioneer with built in 25 watt per channel amplifier (not too much power to blow them up). Because the speakers are very efficient the fader does not have to be biased to the rear to hear them.
Passengers in the back have commented on their great sound.
The features include poly woofers with rubber surrounds, and polypropylene crossover capacitors. Which for the price makes them a steal.
We are very satisfied with them.
The only thing that I did not like was that the supplied speaker wire was very small gauge, but I did not use it for my installation.

4.0 out of 5 stars good replacement speakers, September 22, 2010
These speakers are a great little replacement speaker for the money. They fit in my Jeep well and I have no complants.

5.0 out of 5 stars Performance-Price Excellent, October 2, 2013
Although they did not equal the performance of the OEM German Car speakers I replaced, they are 10x less expensive. They come with long wires pre-crimped with connectors if you need them. I am totally satisfied with the performance for the price. Be careful if you have to bend the wire connection tangs on the speaker for installation. One of the wires broke loose and I had to re-solder it. I liked that the front rubber grommet is extra thick and soft to prevent any rattle after installation if you don't use the supplied covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing speakers!!! Can't believe how good they sound., June 13, 2012
I bought these speakers to upgrade the rear factory ones in my 2000 Honda Accord. My old speakers were only 100 watt and boy do these sound so much better!!! There is no distortion at all and the bass sounds amazing with these. Honestly, if you put these in the back of your car, you don't even need a sub. Would definitely recommend, great buy at a great price!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound For the Price, July 25, 2006
The sound quality is much, much better than the OEM speaker it replaced. I am surprized on the quality of the bass, no booming and a lot it for the size. The mid-range sound seems good and crisp, however the highs are lacking just a tad.

For $29.99, it sound quality is right up with the expensive boys.

I'd buy another pair and would recommend them to my friends. Save yourself some serious cash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speakers For The Money, April 12, 2007
I have been using these speakers for over a month now. I couldn't be happier. The look nice, and the sound quality is excellent. The bass response is very impressive with hardly any dstortion at mid-high levels. Who would've thought that you could get a great pair of speakers for less than fifty bucks? These babies are most definitely worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, July 22, 2010
Put these in the doors on my S10, for a good price these things sound really good, great bass no distortion running an Alpine 50W system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i was expecting!, July 19, 2013
These arrived a day early: fast shipping. :)
Great speakers, very eye catching color and very precise sound for their size. I can't think of a single thing about these that is a turn down. The bass is good even before a full break in has been conducted. Currently they are running from a 25 X 4 MAX amp, that I use for the front/rears in my home theater/ HiFi system. Before these I used Dayton audio B652 bookshelf speakers. Although there is nothing wrong with them, I felt I needed to upgrade. Pyle PLG6.2 were a great choice. my Daytons and a 10" Polk audio subwoofer are going into a tower enclosure. These handle really well and are made of a sturdy Polypropelene ( can't spell that :) ) cone. Most are paper, and thats a problem. The tweeters are about 240% more efficient than almost all that I have seen in my lifetime. These are a great cheap PAIR of speakers. Don't hesitate to buy them, and for optimal performance learn a little bit about how to use speakers properly, don't assume you know, all speakers are different, it pays off. Grills are nice addition, really easy to mount and cables were small but had clips on them.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a visually pleasing and great sounding pair of speakers. Any intelligent person can easily tell you that name brand isn't always the best. With about 3 1/2 years of experience in the speakers/electronics field, I can say that these ARE high-quality and if treated right should last along time.

PS: Thank you UPS and Sonix Electronics for that fast shipping!

Update: After alot and I mean alot of testing, these worked best in a ported enclosure. Which surprised me because they managed to reach 35 Hz without struggle. These can really take a lot of beatings, these have at least been moved between 20+ enclosures. The only issue is the tweeter on one of the speakers crackles a bit on rare occasion. Not a biggie. But a great buy for anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sounding speakers., September 3, 2010
They sound fine! Good highs... almost too much for me! The bass is a little distorted when pushed but I don't mind that. I don't usually turn them up that loud anyway... I don't need or want the windows shaking. They fit right in my 1993 Ford Ranger... I bought 4. They are worth the money but they are not under valued. Price is about right at $30 and under... But if you are going to run an amp with them I don't know what they will sound like. My after market stereo puts out 40 amps per ch. and that is all they need! I installed them with insulation and plastic sheeting behind them. That cleared up the bass a little when they are turned up. But they work fine for a 48 yr old guy listening to Queen! LOL!

PYLE PLG6.4 6.5-Inch 300 Watt Four-Way Speakers
$75.99 $11.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.