PYLE PLG6.4 6.5-Inch 300 Watt Four-Way Speakers
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6.5 inSpeaker System Class: 4-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 300Change
Price:$32.95

Vehicle Speaker Size: 6.5 inSpeaker System Class: 3-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 280Verified Purchase
I purchased two sets of these speakers for my sister-in-law's Acura and I have to say I am very impressed.

The woofer cone is a very ridged plastic and they have a rubber surround, giving these speakers a very solid bass response. They have a built-in High-Pass Filter for the mid-range and tweeter, so they do not distort at high volume.

Excelent equipment for the cost!
on October 6, 2009
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6.5 inSpeaker System Class: 4-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 300Verified Purchase
Received the product right away with no issues. Amazon is easy and reliable.
Used them to upgrade from the factory 5.5 inch rear door speakers in a Subaru Legacy wagon. The original door speakers came mounted in a plastic bezel underneath the door panel, but these would not fit because they were 6.5 inch. So I took the supplied speaker grill, punched out the screen, and flipped it over to mount the speakers. They ended up about 3/4 inch off the door, which was about perfect to clear power window, and stay under the door panel. I mounted the speakers off axis because they are mounted so low in the door, and they sound great. The radio is an aftermarket in dash Pioneer with built in 25 watt per channel amplifier (not too much power to blow them up). Because the speakers are very efficient the fader does not have to be biased to the rear to hear them.
Passengers in the back have commented on their great sound.
The features include poly woofers with rubber surrounds, and polypropylene crossover capacitors. Which for the price makes them a steal.
We are very satisfied with them.
The only thing that I did not like was that the supplied speaker wire was very small gauge, but I did not use it for my installation.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 14, 2012
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6 x 9 inSpeaker System Class: 5-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 450Verified Purchase
I bought these speakers to upgrade the rear factory ones in my 2000 Honda Accord. My old speakers were only 100 watt and boy do these sound so much better!!! There is no distortion at all and the bass sounds amazing with these. Honestly, if you put these in the back of your car, you don't even need a sub. Would definitely recommend, great buy at a great price!!!
on September 22, 2010
Vehicle Speaker Size: 4 x 6 inSpeaker System Class: 3-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 180Verified Purchase
These speakers are a great little replacement speaker for the money. They fit in my Jeep well and I have no complants.
on April 13, 2007
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6 x 9 inSpeaker System Class: 8-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 500Verified Purchase
I have been using these speakers for over a month now. I couldn't be happier. The look nice, and the sound quality is excellent. The bass response is very impressive with hardly any dstortion at mid-high levels. Who would've thought that you could get a great pair of speakers for less than fifty bucks? These babies are most definitely worth the money.
on July 22, 2010
Put these in the doors on my S10, for a good price these things sound really good, great bass no distortion running an Alpine 50W system.
on October 2, 2013
Vehicle Speaker Size: 2.4 inSpeaker System Class: 2-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 140Verified Purchase
Although they did not equal the performance of the OEM German Car speakers I replaced, they are 10x less expensive. They come with long wires pre-crimped with connectors if you need them. I am totally satisfied with the performance for the price. Be careful if you have to bend the wire connection tangs on the speaker for installation. One of the wires broke loose and I had to re-solder it. I liked that the front rubber grommet is extra thick and soft to prevent any rattle after installation if you don't use the supplied covers.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6 x 9 inSpeaker System Class: 3-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 360
The sound quality is much, much better than the OEM speaker it replaced. I am surprized on the quality of the bass, no booming and a lot it for the size. The mid-range sound seems good and crisp, however the highs are lacking just a tad.

For $29.99, it sound quality is right up with the expensive boys.

I'd buy another pair and would recommend them to my friends. Save yourself some serious cash.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 10, 2010
Vehicle Speaker Size: 6 x 8 inSpeaker System Class: 3-waySpeakers Maximum Output Power: 280Verified Purchase
Upon opening the Amazon box I discovered that these speakers are 3 way speakers not 4 way speakers!

The speaker wire that comes with these is very sub par. Compared to my Pioneer speaker wire, the copper bent extremely easily and made for a tough time to get the copper into the butt connector, and if you plan to solder connections it will definitely be an even bigger pain. Minus another half a star.

They do sound good (Nice mids and highs with stock head unit) and are definitely worth the price, but make sure to upgrade from your stock head unit to take full potential of this pair of speakers. The bass WILL be weak with a stock head unit. So spend the extra cash and order a head unit with these, and keep in mind that this is 3 WAY not 4 WAY. Distortion occurs at high volumes but I suspect it is my stock head unit is the culprit because my Pioneer 3 ways also sounded distorted.

UPDATE: I replaced my head unit and now these sound FANTASTIC!
UPDATE: Amazon has updated their listing to Three-Way
review image review image
on September 9, 2013
My wife and I have an older car that still had the stock speakers. These fit very nicely in the stock openings and were a VERY nice upgrade from the stock cardboard speakers from the early 90's.

They do include new screws, covers, and some speaker wire in the packaging. The speaker wiring is actually a nice healthy length which was a bit surprising - not some short bit to work with! I do wish it was a thicker/heavier gauge of wire though, but for some stock door speaker upgrades, it shouldn't be an issue. The included clips could also be a little bit deeper or maybe have a slot to work with, but they worked for me very nicely still.

The sound is a huge improvement over the stock paper cone speakers - much better mids and highs as I would expect. Being smaller 4 inch speakers, they don't have a booming low end, but they're too small to have that anyways, so I didn't expect it. Still - a much improved sound.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations