Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on February 23, 2011
I hate companies that flat out lie about their products. A 12 GA wire is rated for a fixed amperage. If you really need 12 GA wires you will melt this cable in a matter of minutes possibly causing a fire. Everything Pyle sells they claim 2-3 times the actual ratings (amplifiers, cables). When they get sued for the fire their cable caused I'm sure they will say something like two 14GA wires equals 12GA. This is a good cable, but people need to be warned that it's not really 12GA wire inside.

Now the cable is a very nice ~14-16GA cable. It is made of coper wire and has good 1/4" metal ends that have been soldered on. The jacket is thick but still flexible. Inside the jacket there are two separate 14-16GA wires. One is red and the other is white. There is no metal foil shielding in the jacket (shielding would have been very nice).

I bought one 30' cable and cut it into two cables with 1/4" TS and bare wire ends. My speakers have binding posts but my amp has 1/4" speaker outputs. I got two really good 15' (30' / 2) speaker cables for less than $15. I plan on buying more of these as I don't need real 12GA speaker wires. As an comparison, a standard 20A 120V (2400 watts) power outlet is wired with 12GA wire.

I took one star off because of the overrating of the wire size. Advertise it with the correct wire size and it's a 5 star product.
88 comments35 of 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
As others have stated these cables do not appear to be true 12 gauge. Frankly, comparing them to the cheap cables most PA manufacturers bundle with their systems, the cheap ones actually win out because they do not fail the way these do.

I have a large number of these cables (over 10) and at least half have failed. That is unacceptable as far as I am concerned.

Despite what I consider to be poor quality, there is one positive feature: the ends unscrew easily, which allows you to test and repair any bad connections quickly.

The sad fact in my case is I have no confidence in these and would not use them outside of my home. My advice is to save your money.
on February 16, 2011
Outstanding cords, outstanding value. My good friend has Monster cables that he paid 3 x as much for , and these pyle cord compare side by side with those, and excell! The better value are these pyle cords, so buy them now, brag later!
Update: 2 years later and these cables still rock! What great build quaility, truely designed for the abuses of the professional! Isn't it nice when you buy something and it stands up to the test of use and abuse? I think so!
Enjoy.
Jb.
on September 4, 2013
1/4' Phone jack just fell of 2 of these cables and the wire is no bigger than 16 gage dont buy this misrepresented junk.
on March 12, 2011
I would like to say you get what you pay for, but in this case I feel like I got the better end of the deal, and got some high quality speaker cables for about half of what guitar center sells them for.

The quality is good, and the vendor shipped very fast, even though I checked standard shipping.

Great transaction and great product.
on May 23, 2011
These are decent cables but they are not 12 gauge cables.
Very close to 15 gauge cables I have.
on November 16, 2013
The Pyle-Pro PPJJ15 speaker cable is working for me. The cable appears to be as it is advertised; a black rubber
jacketed 12 gauge mono cable with reasonably well made straight 1/4" to 1/4" male connectors. The cable is
5/16 of an inch thick and 15 feet long.

The connectors have a good fit, not the tightest, when plugged into my two speakers boxes and PA. There have
not been any noises, static or buzzing, and the cable and connectors are still in one piece almost 2 years later.
Both ends appear to be soldered solid and have not come loose [See Photos]. There's a rigid plastic sleeve that
covers the solder points with the 2 metal outer sleeves covering whole connector (See Photos). Albeit, I do not
use them under extreme conditions like nightly gigs, etc., but for occasional hoots or personal use. For those
conditions this cable is still working just fine.

If you need a sturdier, walked-on, type cable you may want to look elsewhere or buy these as backups. I am
not so sure how long they would last under concert conditions unless they were somehow protected from daily
routine stage abuse.

Otherwise, this a well made good solid cable that has not failed me in almost two years. If you are on a budget,
at this price point, you should try them out yourself.
review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon November 17, 2009
I typically don't have high expectations for most 1/4" sound cables, but this product definitely turned out to be higher quality than I expected, especially considering the price. The cables are nice and heavy, decently flexible, seem to have good shielding, low noise, and come in a reusable bag that has greatly helped my studio keep organized. The connectors snap in nice and snug on all of my equipment so far.

My only complaint is that the picture of the product on Amazon's website is simply inaccurate and depicts Male 1/4" to Male RCA, which made me slightly unsure of what I was buying and I had to trust the text description.
33 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2010
Purchased (2) of these 15' cables and (1) of the same in a 30' cable. Love them all.
They knocked out most of the line hummm that I used to get with the 16 gauge cables.
The 1/4" phone jacks are very large and easy to work with.
Go ahead...replace all your speaker cables with these 12 gauge big boys...you won't be sorry.
The 15' cables arrived within 3 days, but the 30' was out of stock and was delivered by camel 9 weeks after date of order. Worth the wait...get 'em.
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2011
This item arrived sooner than expected and in excellent condition. No problems with its use, flexibility or the quality of the workmanship.