Published on November 24, 2010 by Terri W

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the younger kids - but older ones get bored quickly
My 4 and 6 yr olds love this game, as you have to perform different sorts of activities to win all of the Mini games. My 9yr old however, gets bored very quickly so does not play it much at all.

For the most part the controls are intuitive, just the on screen pointing gets difficult for the younger kids.
Published 14 months ago by Erik

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY NEAT GAME!!! MY 6 YEAR OLD SON LOVES IT!! ALOT LIKE MARIO PARTY 8!!! FUN! FUN! FUN!, November 24, 2010
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Our family really loves Mario Party 8, of course nothing compares to it. Mario is the bomb!!! But this game is really neat and plays much like Mario party 8 (at least we think so). It's alot like a board game. I will admit in the beginning I was a little confused, but once you give it a chance and play a few different boards and spend some time getting to know the game, you realize how much fun it really is. The confusing part for me was that when its your turn to go (you don't always see your man moving). It took some getting used to but the mini-board on the side of the screen shows your man moving when its not his turn to see him move. Also, your running and eating cookies (pac-dots as I call them) so, you never really know where your going to land since there is no distinct spaces on the ground like what you have in Mario party 8. This way, I think it keeps you interested and surprised. But its all good, the mini games are really neat and is a welcome change from playing the same mini games over and over in Mario Party 8. I am a pac-man fan!!! I have played pac-man when I was growing up, so it was nice to see the original pac-man game on here (like an extra bonus) along with dig dug and galaga. I would definately give this one a try. I pre-ordered it for the pre-order price, in the end I think it was around $40 something. I'm not sorry either. IF you could get it cheaper go for it!!! Also, about the wii controller, it works good with the game just as it does in Mario Party 8, but I would definately recommend a classic controller for the pac-man, galaga, and dig dug bonuses (it plays better with the classic controller). Have an open mind and remember to play it a few times before making a judgement. The first time we played, I played 5 times (different game boards). Some game boards are longer than others, so if you don't want to play a longgggggggggg game you can play a short board. I like that feature. HOpe all of this helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars 13 year old loves it!!, September 23, 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My 13 year old loves this game. We had the Mario Party 8 WII and she plays it all the time. I got her this WII game and she now plays this one all the time.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pac-Man + Multi-Player Game = Family Fun, August 6, 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I purchased this game (from my son) for my husband for Father's Day. We love it. The new game is a lot of fun play. You go to different places, try to get castles and collect cookies. If you land on a free spot - free castle. If two players land on the same spot and no castle is there yet - you get to pick a present to see who gets that castle. However, if you land on a space that has someone else's castle - LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!!! The battles are pretty funny (shaving sheep, making pizza, shooting flying pumpkins). You collect the cookies as you go through the game. You get them just moving, when you land on your own castle you get a bonus, and when you defend your castle and win you get more cookies (from the other player(s). The object is to get all the cookies first and make it back to the Cookie Factory. My husband, son (who is 5 years old) and I love it. Now if playing this new way is not your thing - no worries. The classic Pac-Man is on this disk to enjoy too. It also has the original arcade classics of Dig Dug and Galaza! Too much fun to miss!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic games are still awesome, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This includes Pac Man, Galaga and Dig Dug. All three translate well to the Wii and are fun to play even being as old as they are. I found the main "party" game is a bit repetitive and boring after a while, but my 11 year old loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun for the family, December 31, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Just received this game for christmas and my wife and I have played it every night since. We have mario party 8 and this game is just a pac man version of it but I like the mini games more and the layout of the boards more. This game is more fun with people that aren't serious gamers b/c of the simplicity of the mini games but for a casual gamer just wanting to have fun I suggest you grab a few friends or family members and gather around to play Pac-Man Party.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pac-Man the legend...., January 9, 2011
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My son got this game for Christmas 2010 and loves it. I like playing it because its paced faster than Mario Party. After its your turn you don't have time to fix and eat a sandwich before its your turn again. The classic Dig-Dug, Galaga, and Pac-Man are awsome to. You can use the classic controller or the Wii remote which makes the old arcade games come alive. I would recommend this game to anyone who gets bored wating for their turn on Mario Party 8.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the younger kids - but older ones get bored quickly, October 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
this game is the best we have so much fun playing it and just en joying it so much yes

2.0 out of 5 stars A cheap knockoff of Mario Party 8..., March 22, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Pac-Man Party is, for the most part, a cheap knockoff of Mario Party 8. The gameplay is practically EXACTLY the same, and a lot of the minigames look like they were lifted directly from Mario Party 8 and given Pac-Man characters.

For starters, the characters look NOTHING like their classical selves...at least the Mario characters bear SOME resemblance to their 8-bit counterparts!! For one thing, Pac-Man has legs and arms...uhhh....and all of the ghosts have weird hairstyles and they range from fat to impossibly skinny.

Some of the courses bear a lot of resemblance to the Mario Party courses, such as the haunted course in this game being almost exactly the same as Boo's Mansion in Mario Party 8. Even a lot of the minigames are lifted directly from Mario Party 8 and given a Pac-Man twist. One example is the one where you have to shake the soda bottle as hard as you can to see how high up you fly. This is an exact ripoff of the one in Mario Party 8 where you shake the soda CAN to see how high the soda blasts up. R-I-P-O-F-F. Each round also starts with a "miniminigame" to decide how many spots you move during that round and overall these games are very tedious and kind of a waste of time. Each course also has a "boss" so to speak and they appear after you pass a certain spot a certain number of times. These "bosses" have nothing to do with the main adventure at all and ultimately seem like a waste of time - the battles last almost 5 minutes for practically no reward. Oh and the time it takes to play one board is around 60-90 minutes whereas in a Mario Party game one board takes 30-45 minutes. 60-90 minutes per board is way too long.

The graphics for this game are okay...they're not all that great but I've seen worse. We recently upgraded to the Wii U, and typically Wii games look slightly upscaled in quality when played on the Wii U but SOMEHOW this game manages to look WORSE when played on the Wii U. The music is really cheap and mostly comprises of a 10- to 15-second loop repeating over and over again, getting really annoying. There is only one song for minigames and you won't believe how annoying it got.

All in all, Pac-Man Party is a more confusing, more boring, and a cheap knockoff of Mario Party 8. The only reason I'm rating the game 2 stars is because my brother likes it so it will at least captivate the young ones.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, March 19, 2013
This review is from: Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game was compared to Mario Party in other reviews so I decided to give it a try because I love Mario Party. While the concept is similiar (competing on a board to win prizes through mini games) its like a Grade-C version of Mario Party. The games all seem very similiar and character movement on the board is hard to track. We actually ended up playing classic Pacman much longer than the party game.

Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii
Pac-Man Party - Nintendo Wii by Namco (Nintendo Wii)
$22.85