Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

on March 9, 2011
I have a Brother CS6000i and wanted to make sure I got the original Brother ruffler foot so it was easier to install and worked properly. The ruffler foot I got does NOT look like the one in the picture. Instead, it looks exactly like the other generic foot you can find on here for less money!!! I have seen the original Brother ruffler foot in store and it comes in a Brother box and looks like the picture for this one, Mine does not.

It works fine, and although it was difficult to install, I figured it out. I am just extremely disappointed that I feel like I was lied to. This is not original; it is the generic.
66 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2011
I love this foot! It fit perfectly on my brother Se400.I'm a novice in ruffles and I think its so easy to use that its worth the money! I've already made tons of flowers! If you want to add ruffles to anything get this foot! I thought once that I could do it by hand! what a nightmare, just get the foot and then get your sewing on!
on March 1, 2011
I purchased this Brother Brand ruffler because I wanted a good quality ruffler for my machine. But I was disappointed with the entire order.

First, it arrived an entire week late. I own a sewing business and was depending on receiving this by the date I was given from the Seller.

Second, when I finally got it I was disappointed when it didn't fit on my Brother machine. I thought a Brother ruffler was supposed to fit on a Brother machine?! I've used rufflers before and know how to attach them and use them so this was disappointing, to say the least. I would've appreciated a list of machines this ruffler foot doesn't work on from the seller BEFORE I purchased it. I don't know the quality of the ruffler because I never had the chance to use it.

Third, when I called the seller to return the item, they were very rude. While in the middle of asking a question, they hung up on me. They said the only way they would return it is if I paid the return shipping AND they would deduct additional shipping off my return. The total shipping cost I paid was $1.43. The Seller took an additional $6 off my return which was MUCH more than the actual shipping cost. I will never buy from this seller again.

I hate writing negative reviews, but this seller definitely deserves it for their customer service. Please be cautious before you purchase this item and be sure to find out whether or not the ruffler will fit your machine. I have learned that I will only purchase items sold by amazon.com - I can trust them and they have incredible customer service.
on June 24, 2009
I just used it for the first time with scraps and was able to ruffle and pleat with no problems. You have NO IDEA what I was going through to make ruffles, but now I can ruffle like a pro!
Thanks
on December 3, 2009
This is a quality product made specifically for the Brother sewing machine. I use it on Brother LB6770PRW. It works perfectly. Don't buy a generic ruffler for less money. I bought one elsewhere and had to send it back. It was cheaply made and ill-fitting. You will be pleased with this Brother ruffler.
on May 14, 2011
This ruffler foot looks like a monstrasity, a little intimidating but it is in fact very easy to attach as it is a snap on foot. It pleats your fabric every 1, 6, or 12 stitches, you decide. I am not sure why, could be user error, but I have broken 3 needles on the two times I have used it. I made sure it was lined up correctly, but each time after stitching a few hundred stitches or so, my needle hits the foot and breaks. I am not giving up on it as this is a really great attachment.
on April 4, 2011
I am extremely disappointed with my purchase. It was an expensive foot with lousy directions. There were only a couple of pictures for directions. There were no written directions, trouble shooting or anything to assist with using this foot. I purchased the ruffler foot because I make numerous garments with ruffles and I was hoping it would allow me to speed up the process. Unfortunately it takes longer than manually making ruffles. The metal clamps, for lack of better word, catch the fabric and there is not a guide to ensure you sew in a straight line. I would prefer to return this item because it is truly a waste of money.
on December 6, 2011
It took me a long time (and my mother's help) to figure this ruffler foot out. The instructions aren't very well written and somewhat confusing, but maybe that's just because I've only been sewing for about 5 years. Once I was finally able to get it working on my Brother CS6000i sewing machine, I fell in love with it. I used to make ruffles by sewing two rows and then pulling the strings to distribute the ruffle which was so time consuming. This simple (or complicated gizmo depending on how patient you are) makes it so quick and easy to sew evenly distributed ruffles. Overall, I'd recommend this product, but just keep in mind that you need to be patient to figure it out (hence why I gave it only 4 stars).
on August 30, 2012
I found the Ruffler foot 7mm was easy to use and install. It was also in excellent condition upon arrival. Amazon saved me a lot of money in regard to the difference of price when comparison shopping.
on September 8, 2012
I really love my Brother sewing machines, of which I have 3. The Pacesetter NX400, the 1500 portable professional machine, and a computerized industrial. Unfortunately, this foot does not fit my machine. I wish it did. There are so many cool things you can do with a ruffler foot. I may have to find a generic model to fit it.