Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on April 11, 2011
I had played drums for over 30 years for countless musical groups until giving it up a few years ago for health reasons. Now, with twin granddaughters I have reclamated my old Tama's from the attic for the purpose of teaching the ladies how to play the drums. Problem: Everything was still there except for my ride cymbal stand. AMAZON COMES THROUGH AGAIN! For the amount I had to spend I was able to purchase the perfect cymbal stand to complete my "antique" drum set. My ladies are happy and granddad is happy. I would recommend my Pacific boom cymbal stand to current professional percussionists and retired one's as well! Excellent quality and flexibility!
on December 22, 2007
There's not a lot of difference from expensive stand down to the moderately priced ones. I take these out all the time, and have no trouble at all.
on February 15, 2007
Great stand at an amazing price! A tiny little bit shaky while its a boom stand with a heavy cymbal but if u position it right its not shaky at all.Quick and easy configuration and deconfiguration!Its a boom and a straight which is EXTREMELY convient. I love it!
on April 4, 2006
I bought the DW P/D 700 Boom Cymbal Stand along with several other items so that I could add some splash cymbals to my set. I wanted something inexpensive, yet was solid enough to hold the weight of a Zildian crash cymbal I already owned along with:

- Gibraltar Grabber Cymbal Arm

- Gibraltar Mini Cymbal Stacker, 6 Inches

- Wuhan WUSP0810 Traditional & Rock Splash Cymbal Pack

This stand does the job well. It is sturdy and securely holds the weight of the grabber arm and splashes, especially when this arm is positioned over one of the tripod legs. The stand is versatile, as you can either set it up as a straight stand or a boom stand. And it packs up quickly. The hardware seems to be well-made and ready to last for some time to come.

Overall, this combination cost me just under $100 including S&H from Musician's Friend through Amazon. It was the least expensive option I could find, short of buying this equipment used.
on January 2, 2016
This stand is a perfect fit for a begginer to intermediate set up. I've bought two of them to expand my cymbal set and they work great for the price. I wouldn't suggest putting anything bigger than a 22 inch on it and definitely wouldn't suggest using the boom arm to extend anything bigger than an 18 (depending on the cymbal weight and how far your extending it). It is durable and doesn't feel like it will break, but doesn't have the stability to hold a lot of weight while extending.
on January 27, 2015
The stand appeared to be okay when I took it out of the box. However, when I tried to set it up, I discovered a defect. I raised the smaller "upper" tube to my desired height, then went to tighten the wing nut clamp. When doing this, it just keep spinning, and spinning, and spinning. It never tightened to engage the clamp!. Looking closer at the problem, I discovered that the actual threads between the wing nut and the bolt were not engaging. The wing nut could literally slide on the bolt! Its like the thread (diameter) on the wing nut was one size larger than the threads (diameter) on the bolt. This was an obvious defect. Not sure how this could have made it out of the factory. I added a photo of the issue.
review image
on September 20, 2015
This is some great, relatively cheap hardware for your kit. It has more adjustments than I was expecting and is nice and solid no matter what pieces I load on it. I tested it by adjusting the arms to the most extreme angles possible with my large ride and I could not get it to tip easily. I bought two more once this one came to hold an 18 inch crash and a china.
on July 12, 2006
ok so i bought this cymbal stand to mount my 16 inch crash. Everytime i hit the crash it is a little shaky. But Overall it was a good buy for a cheap price.
on December 4, 2015
I ordered this stand on 12/03/2015 it arrived via my prime 2 day free shipping in LESS THAN 12 Hours later! Its not wobbly (if you adjust the feet properly) Im hanging a 17" Stagg Black metal crash http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GBW9WK?keywords=stagg%20black%20metal%20crash&qid=1449250687&ref_=sr_ph&sr=1 (love this cymbal) off it and I hit pretty hard I wouldn't use it to pry open trunk lids or beat someone with it but who would? great product excellent price and amazing FAST FAST shipping +1000 to Amazon
on February 7, 2014
This is a great cymbal stand sturdy, tight, well made, using it with a 18" crash and does not move or rattle, amazingly well constructed stand for the price, going to replace my other flimsy stands with a few of these, great product. I am not a giging drummer and do not take apart and dismantle the stand at all, but it is a great stand for my studio/practice kit. Being honest don't know how it would be for a gigging drummer, but for what I am using it for, more than does the job.