Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 8, 2010
The shirt, a birthday gift for my husband who loves parrots, is good quality and has a fantastic Hawaiian print. Plan on getting more for the summer.
on July 2, 2016
Nice shirt for hot summer months. The cotton fabric is lightweight and breathable. The parrot design is well done and colorful and the stitching and button placement were perfect on my shirt. I've only washed it one time, on delicate cycle in cold water, and dried it on delicate with low heat. It didn't shrink or fade and it dries pretty fast due to the lightweight fabric. As with any new cotton shirt, it has more body and drapes slightly stiff. This is expected to change with wear and washings. It certainly doesn't drape like rayon but I'm no fan of rayon at all. Give me a cotton fabric with a little more body over rayon any day. Surprisingly, it didn't need ironing. I did remove it promptly from the dryer and immediately put it on a hanger and flattened it out before it cooled. I suspect this helped a lot in preventing wrinkles.

I've read the reviews of several Hawaiian Aloha shirts on Amazon and the biggest complaint seems to be people having issues with the sizes. Before I ordered I did a little research on the way these shirts are supposed to fit and how you are supposed to measure for that fit. Turns out the traditional Hawaiian brands (Pacific Legend is one of them) all recommend the same measuring procedure but they all have their own size charts (and sometimes they use different charts for different shirt styles within the same brand). If you find your size in one brand, it may be different in the other brands. There is little consistency in sizing. It's something to be aware of when shopping online.

First off, Aloha shirts (AKA "Hawaiian shirts") are designed to fit loose and kind of baggy. Remember, Hawaii is a tropical island and it has tropical weather--hot. The shirts are supposed to be worn outside the pants and this, along with the loose fit, are for comfort in the heat. I know you guys would all like to look like Tom Selleck on Magnum P.I. reruns, with his fitted Aloha shirt tucked neatly into his shorty shorts or his tight jeans, but most of us don't look like Tom Selleck (and Tom Selleck doesn't look like Tom Selleck anymore either). Just go for comfort over fashion. Of course you can wear your shirts tighter if you like--it's your shirt after all.

Okay. I'm not an expert on this but I checked several online sources for information and the following is what was recommended by all the traditional Hawaiian sites. It worked for me but, as they say, Your Mileage May Vary. The way to measure for a Hawaiian Aloha shirt is to NOT measure your body or go by your normal shirt size. Find a shirt in your closet that fits you in the way you like. Button it up and lay it down flat. Measure across the chest from one side seam to the other at the armpit. Take this measurement and double it (sometimes the shirt maker's chart only goes by the single measurement rather than doubling it). Then use the shirt manufacturer's size chart and find the size that compares closest to this measurement. That's the size to buy in that brand of shirt. Most of the charts also include lengths as well as chest size. This measurement is taken at the back of the shirt from the top of the collar to the bottom hem. This measurement might be important to the very tall or very short but the length goes with the chest measurement.

Using this measurement method and based on my preference for a loose fit, I picked one of my shirts in a 2XL size that had plenty of room inside. My measurement was 30 inches from side seam to side seam at the arm pits. The chart accompanying the shirt was based on doubling this measurement and 60 inches corresponded to a 4XL. That's what I ordered and it fits nice and loose--just like I wanted.

I enjoyed the look and fit of this shirt so much, I've ordered more of the same brand and fabric--different patterns, of course. It's working out to be a colorful summer around my house.
on June 3, 2016
We needed a Hawaiian type shirt preferably with parrots on it for a Jimmy Buffett concert. My husband had never been so I wanted him to have the true Jimmy Buffett experience. I searched all my local stores with no luck so went searching online and seen this one. I read the reviews before ordering and several said to order a size larger.

I ordered a size larger. It is a little bigger then I was expecting. I am hoping it shrinks a little when I wash it but this type of shirt I don't wash after one wearing unless it truly dirty. We hung it up and will test it when the time comes to see if it shrinks or stays the same.

The design and the colors on this shirt are great. They are rich bold colors and the parrots stand out well. I do think the material is a little thinner and cheaper then I had been expecting. It was a comfortable shirt to wear and did not wrinkle terribly which is a positive in my book. The shirt was the perfect shirt for the concert and it did get quite a few compliments.

Overall I am very happy with this purchase of this parrot shirt.
VINE VOICEon June 25, 2014
This was a father's day gift for Texasman, who though usually very conservative in his clothing, loves tropical shirts. He said this shirt might be his very favorite of all.

Even after driving two hours to the kid's homes in Louisiana, the shirt remained essentially wrinkle-free. The fabric is soft and smooth, the sizing accurate, and again - and probably most important - the design and colors are beautiful.

I think I'll have to order another Pacific Legend shirt for his July birthday.
on March 7, 2016
The colors on this shirt are fantastic! I wanted one that was primarily black because you don't see black too often in Hawaiian shirts. Fits great. We're catching a break this week weather-wise, here in the midwest, so, I'm very tempted to wear this shirt to give everyone a little hope that summer is on it's way.
on October 25, 2012
This shirt garnered many compliments when I wore it to a Hawaiian themed wedding. As a member of the wedding party, Hawaiian shirts were de rigueur, and this one really filled the bill.

I was surprised at how well made this shirt is - not your run-of-the-mill effort. The cotton fabric made it super comfortable in situations where I was inclined to perspire, and the print was beautiful.

Even the fit was perfect. I recommend this item very highly.
on November 22, 2015
Shirt is a medium. If you like a shirt the size of you it is perfect. However, I like a little more room in the armpits, so if I reach, the shirt does not follow upwards a little. Great colors - got a lot of complements! This was a first try on Hawaiian-style shirts and it may shrink if you do not use cold water. Next time, I will get large on my 5"10' average frame.
on August 22, 2009
this was supposed to be a 4X sized shirt and was not even close. I have many shirts this size and roomy and comfortable. no way it was a size 4X; closer to 2X. Not very happy.
on June 18, 2016
I purchased this shirt for my dad for Fathers Day and he loved it! He's an Hawaiian shirt fanatic so this was perfect for him. He typically wears a large so I ordered him a size large and it fit him perfectly. Thank you!
on August 3, 2015
Good looking shirt, but it was somewhat smaller than the size chart indicated. That was OK, as I gave it to my wife who really likes it. It wrinkles more than my lighter weight Hawaiian shirts, but it is certainly a good quality shirt. I might order another a bit larger for myself.