Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 28, 2009
I love the taste of tangy roasted red pepper in this soup. It makes for an interesting twist on the boring old tomato soup. This variety is thick, tasty and filling. I like to accompany the soup with Glutino Cheddar Gluten Free Crackers and/or plain low fat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). A few points about the size and sodium content:

1) Each box contains 32 oz of liquid. One serving is 8 oz. However, for a filling meal I need double that (16 oz). Even doubled, the soup has only 220 calories and 4 gr of fat.
2) The sodium content is "lower", not "low". Each 8 oz serving contains 360 gr of sodium (or 720 gr for my doubled serving). Regular soups have typically upwards of 550 gr of sodium. Better choice for a healthy person, but not the right choice for someone on a sodium restricted diet.

This soup makes a great work lunch. The container is resealable (the cap is twist off). In fact, it is also sold in 16 oz containers. Once opened, you should store it in the fridge and consume within a week or so.
Enjoy!
PS: The soup is certified organic and kosher dairy, for those to whom it matters.
on July 16, 2014
The original recipe is much better than this soup with less sodium. This soup vs original is: 1. more watery, 2. less flavorful, and 3. less satisfying, which means you will be hungry sooner. Still quite good for a soup, but I will order original next time.
on November 6, 2013
I was not aware they had a low sodium version of this soup. Definately a different taste and consistancy to this soup. Bland... I found myself adding salt.
I will not buy this again, and unfortunately purchased 2 cases that can not be returned.
on January 19, 2011
Hot chocolate and hot instant oatmeal in packets have taken a back seat to this soup and I can say that the low sodium version has a great taste as I've had the regular Red Pepper and Tomato by Pacific Naturals. I stock cartons at work and by mid-morning and mid-day, microwave a cup and find it most satisfying. Big smile for a fine soup.
on March 15, 2013
This soup is a creamy tomato red pepper bisque. There is nothing floating in the soup. You can't taste too much red pepper. I like that is is lower salt and that the screw top makes it resealable. This is a lot of soup. It's a rather large box. I get 4 cups of soup out of one box. It's nice to have a shelf product that wouldn't be bad right out of the box if you couldn't heat it. I live in a hurricane area, so we always have food available that doesn't require a can opener and that would taste ok "as-is." Very good for taking on boats, campers, or for something quick to keep in the car for those on the go. With the round pour spout, it is easy to drink right out of the box. I like it hot. Ready-to-eat, not condensed. Pacific makes a butternut squash soup that is great too.
on October 23, 2011
Would be an excellent product however the light sodium loses it's taste. You'll need to put Sea Salt of something else in order to enhance the flavor. Great flavor with the regular (Not Low Sodium and I would purchase the regular again.
on September 24, 2012
Although this soup was not as tasty as a stand alone soup, we mixed it with rice and vegetables to make a very healthy vegetarian soup. It is very low sodium so expect to add some spicing to it. I am a vegetarian with food allergies so have to be careful with what I consume and this product passed the test for me.
on June 18, 2011
I first bought this at Costco and felt a bit ridiculous buying a case of 32 oz soup boxes. I wondered how many boxes in I'd be before I was filled with regret at having x boxes left. I subsequently delighted in every drop and found myself devastated at Costco when they said they weren't carrying it anymore. Thank goodness a friend said I could probably get it at Amazon. Thank you thank you, Amazon.com!

It is the perfect blend of sweet, roasted, rich and smokey flavors. And like some other review said, pair it with a dollop of greek yogurt and it is a complete perfect meal. I cannot wait until it arrives! :)
on September 16, 2015
I LOVE this soup. I first bought it at Costco (the non low sodium version), but it is probably one of the best tomato soups I have ever had. The roasted red peppers or whatever they do to this soup just add to the flavor. Personally, I find it the tastiest of all the Pacific Natural food soups. However, It tends to run quite expensive in local markets such as Von's (the one near me in Carlsbad). $4.99 per container. At Costco, I can get a pack of 6 of them for $11.99 and Trader Joe's makes a version of this for about $2.99 or $2.89 which I find is terrific as well.

However, Costco does not always carry this item. All that being said, I am still looking around for great casserole recipes and related recipes to leverage the flavor in this soup!!!
on November 15, 2013
Excellent soup and recipe add-on! My family loves this as a soup and much more. We've used it as a sauce base, in pasta dishes, and a few other places. Sure, your ordering a LOT of soup at one time but it ends up being less expensive per carton than the grocery store shelf and it last for quite some time. We basically have ALL our tomato soup for the winter! Delicious and low sodium... what more could you want!

See 1 answered question