Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3 Pack Belkin Power Conserve Illuminated Switch F7c016q - Retail Packaging
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 25, 2013
I've been eyeing these things for a while, but at $6 each how much energy are you really saving? I used a kill-o-watt monitor to find out. I tested just about every appliance that I would consider putting one of these things on. Found that most of the older devices are the ones you need to watch out for. Newer devices are NOT worth putting a switch on at all. This includes phone chargers. If you are worried about phone chargers (unless somehow your phone charger is ancient or just really cheap) stop worrying. The kill-o-watt monitor wouldn't even register any electricity usage from the phone charger no matter how long I left it plugged in.

I did not try this on any large appliances (TV, etc) since I think using it for that would be way too much of a hassle to turn on and off everyday. Devices that would be worth putting one of these on in my house is: and old DVD player, a (very) old printer and PC, an iPod speaker/docking station.

update: I now have one on my crappy router that I have to reboot once a week to keep my wifi working. Not the intended use (save electricity) but makes rebooting the thing much easier!
11 comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2013
I bought three of these switches to use on devices that I didn't want to repeatedly plug and unplug. I've had one of them outside (in a sheltered area) for several months and it still functions perfectly. I like that the rocker switch glows when on and that it takes 3-prong grounded plugs.
on November 13, 2014
The switches are inexpensive, don't block the outlet above or below, and cleanly turn on and off power. I use one to control a bar light in my bathroom, another on my infrequently used coffee maker, and the third on a kitchenaid stand mixer I used to to turn on accidentally all the time. Works great in all three places. The soft green light even reminds me to turn the coffee maker or mixer off when I leave the kitchen at night.
on April 3, 2013
These are amazing. Let you switch to off to get rid of vampire electronics. We use this in the kitchen on our microwave and coffee maker so we can leave them off (no power usage at all) while not in use, and just flip the switch when we want to turn them on. I wish they made ones with the switch on the left side as well.
on November 18, 2012
I plug TV,s, phone chargers and any appliance that draws electricity even when "turned off". The ones I had before only accepted a two prong plug -these accept the three prong grounded plug. The major advantage is that these mount horizontally and only cover one outlet. I have three mounted on a power strip. The vertical mount will cover two outlet spaces thereby reducing the outlets availablefor use.
55 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2014
I love these things- the visual indicator is perfect for telling if something is powered on or not, and I feel like I am saving a lot of electricity by not leaving some of my seldom used electronics plugged in all the time.

The only thing preventing it from being 5 stars is they don't make a version with the switch on the other side- I have a printer that would be perfect with this thing, but it is in a corner where I would need the switch on the other side to be visible and usable.
on December 5, 2013
Really good for those hard to reach places. I mainly bought these to have zero power and indeed my power meter shows zero power. Now I feel 'green' yeah!
on February 23, 2013
This little item between your wall and your device saves you from the "vampire power" effect. This is the electricity waste when your device isn't really off. Turn it off by throwing the switch here so your standby device doesn't keep wasting power in the "off" setting.
on March 3, 2015
Fantastic! These are just super handy. I've heard of electrical fires from appliances, and after getting a brand new (expensive) toaster whose instructions ALSO indicate it should be unplugged after each use, I decided I should start doing that with heat related appliances.

But I hate to plug and unplug electric appliances over and over again; it makes me nervous and I wonder what the wear and tear does to the socket and plug. For example. If you have several people in the house and they each use the toaster each day and they are faithful about unplugging it after each use (breakfast toast and lunch toasted bread for sandwiches), that could be at least 3+ times a day plugging and unplugging -- or 1,200 times a year. Should we be doing that with plugs and sockets over and over again? I just don't like my fingers that close to a socket every single day, several times a day.

With this device, I have used them for my toaster outlet, my coffee pot outlet and for a little space heater outlet (which only gets occasional use). When done, I just flip the switch, and voila! no power to the appliance. No plugs hanging messily all over the counter or floor. And if we are out of the house, it gives a lot of peace of mind.

ALSO: What's nice about these is that the switch is on the SIDE! So you can use two of them -- one over the other -- in the same outlet. That can't be done with similar devices which have the switch ON TOP -- only one will work because if you try to put one in the bottom socket there won't be enough room if the switch is on top.

In addition, the On/Off switch is clear and has a discrete light to let you know when the outlet is activated.

I would DEFINITELY recommend. They are smart looking and attractive if used over the kitchen counter, and easy to turn on and off. I will buy again if I see other circumstances in my home where it would be useful and provide added safety.
on October 18, 2015
I really like how Belkin conveniently placed the small on/off switch in a recess off to the side, rather than a larger rocker switch somewhere. I can tell when the outlet switch is "live" by the small light in the switch, which is a nice touch. I am using it for my recharging station for NiMh batteries so the large adapter doesn't stay running all day. I start the charging cycles in the morning, and by early afternoon, they charger indicates the batteries are charged, and I simply switch off the charger's outlet with this handy Belkin switch. I also use one of these switches to turn off my cellphone's charger to reduce the risk of overcharging.