5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal
All batteries but one met spec when tested with Lacrosse BC-700 charger. Surprisingly all scored between 2650 mAh and 2750 mAh. I like the little cases. I shopped carefully and that is the best deal I found online for such batteries.
Published on May 30, 2011 by Robichgu

2.0 out of 5 stars Longevity Issues
They are quite useful for the first ~2 years and provide a higher capacity than most alternatives. Even with premature failures still a WAY better deal than non-rechargeables.

They seem to have longevity issues. Their lifespan seems to be around 2 years. At some point around 18 to 30 months of regular use they began to cause low voltage issues. This was due to...
Published 18 months ago by Todd Montgomery

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, May 30, 2011
This review is from: 16 Pack MAHA POWEREX 2700 mAh AA Rechargeable Batteries (Tools & Home Improvement)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speedlight Batteries, July 14, 2011
W. Hancock (Charleston, WV) - See all my reviews
I used these batteries for the first time during wedding shoot this past weekend and was very impressed with the results. Using a Nikon SB900 flash, I took approximately 400 flash photos in varying conditions with the first set of four then changed to a fresh set and proceeded to take another 500+ flash pictures. The only reason I changed battery sets was because the opportunity presented itself. I think the first set would have easily lasted another several hundred flash cycles. I'm guessing the speedlight was putting out at 1/16 to 1/4 power most of the time as I was shooting with the flash in TTL mode at ISO 400 and f/5.6 indoors with ambient light coming mostly from window on a partly sunny day. Recycle time was excellent as expected at these lower flash output levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Rechargeable batts I've ever used., January 4, 2012
I have been using these Powerex batteries for exactly one year now. I'm a Geocacher and a very active one at that, and my GPSr's tend to be rather needy in the power department so my partner gave me a set of these last year and gave them a go. Immediately I was impressed at the fact that I was getting at least a 25% improvement over both the Duracel and Eveready reghargeable batteries I had been using. Now a full year later, I am still using the same set of 8 that I started with and quite honestly, I don't see myself ever changing to another brand if the quality remains the same with my next batch. These batteries still last me a good day and a half of heavy use on my Garmin 62S and about a full day in a Garmin Oregon with the backlight in use.

I'm sold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested good with quality case..., August 14, 2011
kandoro (Northern California) - See all my reviews
These batteries tested from 2530 to 2680 mAh on the first cycle...I expect them to improve after a couple more cycles...I have a few of the same batteries that are 5 years old and they still test at 2510-2620...Overall rated at advertised and they stay that way...

kd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rechargeable batteries, August 31, 2011
I use these batteries in NIkon SB-800 speedlights regularly on a weekly basis. I've used this brand and type of of battery for years, always worked and performed great. They hold their charge and put out consistent output. I would highly recommend this item to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used in a Flash, August 6, 2011
I am using these batteries in my SB800 flash unit and they are working great. They provide the fastest recycle time of any battery I have tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars repeat buyer, October 14, 2011
Previously purchased Maha charger and set of eight AA batteries for use in digital cameras, now purchasing additional AA's for metal detector, never have had any problems with charger or batteries, would recommend to anyone, 2700 MaH batteries provide for extra operating time than manufacturer's NiCad rechargeable. Will purchase MaHa 9V battery and charger next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful and long lasting, October 19, 2011
I was pleased by the quality of this pack. It contains:

- 16 2700 MAH AA rechargeable batteries
- 1x8 batteries plastic case
- 2x4 batteries plastic case
- 1 pouch

These batteries are very long lasting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, September 29, 2011
This is a great investment batteries are a photographers life line and these seem to recycle really fast!!! And don't get over heated

5.0 out of 5 stars Best batteries for flash/strobes, August 15, 2011
I've used these a bit and normally I'd say that Eneloop "hybrid" rechargeable batteries are best, but for some applications you just expect to drain the batteries out very quickly, soon after recharging them, and you just want maximum capacity. Also, if you have a charger like mine (LaCrosse BC-9009) that can fully discharge batteries before charging them, then how well the batteries resist the "memory effect" won't be a concern. (Actually I don't know how bad or good the memory effect is with these batteries because I always do a discharge-before-charge with all batteries regardless of what the manufacturer claims.)

To those who say "they don't actually hold 2700 mA/h" two things: 1) make sure you've gone through a few charge/discharge cycles before capacity testing because rechargeables normally take a few cycles before they'll hold their full capacity, and 2) rechargeables pretty much _never_ hold their full "marketing capacity" shown on the label. (The worst, in my experience, are Energizer's 2450mA/h many of which will hold maybe 1900 after several cycles if you are lucky. I will never buy those again!)

The free case is a nice touch I guess, but I'd buy the batteries with or without.