Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2 Pack Survival Kit Can Opener, Military, P-51 Model
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 31, 2013
These little guys are great for the emergency stash, or grab and go bags. But I've used mine once to test, then stored it away. This is one of those purchases that I hope to never have to use. They might be useful for camping, or anywhere you can think you will be traveling without being able to carry a bunch of stuff.
on October 7, 2013
When I was in the military a P-38 was every soldiers all utility tool, and then they came with the P-51. This items is so cool and so reliable when camping or hiking or even taking pictures and you need to open a fruit can or meal can, don't leave without it, is essential.
on September 5, 2013
My dad was in the army, so we always had these things sitting around when I was growing up. Now the family goes out to the lake to cook out and we have needed a can opener many times. These will sit in the bottom of the glove box and take up no room whatsoever.
on July 3, 2013
Comes pre-sharpened with a nice fine point. Seems very strong. There is no cheap coating on them which I appreciate. I have used it about 10 times already just to see how sturdy they are. So far, so good. We'll see if they stand the test of time with heavy usage. Most important thing about this item, they are made in the USA. Buy them if for no other reason.
on February 16, 2013
I chose these can openers because of the reviews and because I believed them to be actual Military issue. They may be what is issued to the military now but they are not of the same quality of the P-38 I own from the WWII era. They appear to be zinc coated and are somewhat shiny, not black as pictured. They are strong enough to open a can w/o bending but worked much better after I honed the edges. They are, in my opinion, worth the money and will definitely work in an emergency situation. That is what I bought them for.
on August 21, 2013
They delivered really quickly. I was skeptical about the shape and didn't know if they would work or not, but they did. The metal held up and they opened a can of beans just fine. These would be perfect for a camping trip or survival kit. For the price, can't be beat.

Pros:
-works well
-cheap
Cons:
-i can see it breaking if used on a regular basis
on November 18, 2013
Bought a pocket knife with a crummy can opener. This augmented that knife perfectly. Simple, durable and lightweight. In a world dominated by automatic, laser guided GPS-enabled bluetooth can openers, sometimes the oldies are the goodies.
on January 9, 2014
I ordered these to put into bug out bags, and they are just perfect! Thin and tiny, they take up no space at all, and they work! Anyone can figure out how to open a can with them, and that is the entire point.
on February 24, 2014
These things are very inexpensive and just work. We kept breaking can openers & there's nothing more frustrating than having to break into a can of beans w/out an opener!!! Those things are like Fort Knox - not anymore.
on May 1, 2013
These are larger than the P38s, and that makes them easier to torque if you need to open a can with them. They're functional, they're small enough to store anywhere, and they are great in the event of an emergency. Don't let lack of electricity stand between you and your food supply. I bought 10 of them.