1,260 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for the average person...
Published on September 13, 2011 by Hokua1

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay cold as long as I expected...
Published on May 12, 2011 by dedicated1776

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for the average person..., September 13, 2011
I've read many of the reviews here on Amazon and since there were quite a few opposing opinions, I decided to try one for myself. First of all, I've seen many negative comments regarding the BOGO offer. Yes, I feel the shipping is a tad expensive but if you try to find these bags for anything less than $19.99 each, you'll be hard pressed. Trust me, I've looked. That means even if you were to purchase 2 of these from Amazon along with their free shipping, you will still be paying close to $40. Through the BOGO, I paid somewhere around $32 and change for 2, still a savings of $8. As for how the bags performed let me preface this by saying that I have a Prius which is rated by Toyota to get 50MPG. I've owned this car for 8 months now and so far my best average MPG has been 47. Close but no 50... I would say the 10 hours claimed by the manufacturers of Packit were gained in ideal testing conditions as was I'm sure the case for Toyota and the Prius. You have to consider this item for what it is - an insulated lunch bag with integrated cooling packs. I've used these bag for roughly 5 months now in many different situations, including our kids school lunches, my work lunches, beach outings and different sporting events. What I can say is that I love the convenience factor of not having to worry about separate gel packs and that the bags do what they say for average everyday use. I believe the average person (including myself) tends to pack a lunch in the morning with the intent to eat it 4-5 hours later. If you are in this group, your food will definitely be cold when it is time to eat. If your time frame is towards the 8-10 hour mark, this may not be the best solution as it is close to the upper performance limits of the bag. Take this review for what it's worth as I have not used any scientific methods in testing but instead put it through normal everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 6, 2012
I was hesitant to buy this product, since it seemed to attract such nasty reviews, but I figured that anything's worth a shot, especially if that anything promises that I don't have to choose between tepid salad or a brick of frozen gel in my bag. I'm really glad that I gave it a go - I've been using my Packit for about a week now, and I have no complaints.
That said, I feel like it's only fair to address some of the complaints that I read before ordering my Packit, since they almost dissuaded me from making the purchase:
1. "The packit doesn't keep my food cold all day."
No, it doesn't defy the laws of science. It's a lunchbox.
2. "I can't fit enough in it."
I can squeeze in a tupperware container with salad, a mini-cup of dressing, a bag of fresh veggies, a mini-cup of hummus, a a greek yogurt, a bag of almonds, a string cheese, a bag of grapes and a spoon and fork in mine. If you want to pack more than that, buy a cooler.
3. "The velcro doesn't hold when it's full."
What are you packing, hammers?
4. "The inside gets 'sweaty'."
Again. Science. When cool air meets warm moist air . . . Your packit is not defective because it obeys the laws of atmospheric change. In fact, I applaud it's respect for rules.
5. "The inside got stinky."
Let's be honest; that didn't happen on it's own.
6. "It's kind of heavy."
Ok, I didn't read that one, but it's what I thought when I pulled it out of the box. I don't know why I expected the gel to be weightless. I got over it pretty quickly.
Totally worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't stay cold as long as I expected..., May 12, 2011
Let me say upfront this works well for what it is. If I have an appt before work in the morning I use these bags to keep my breakfast/lunch cold until I get to work and can eat it or put it in the fridge. But one morning I packed the bags at 7 and left the bags out of the fridge until lunch (about noon). I had them under my desk (not like they were in a hot environment) and the contents were what I would call merely "cool" by noon. They're probably the best solution for kids in school, but if you have access to a fridge, use a fridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter's science fair experiment shows PackIt superior, January 28, 2012
I purchased a PackIt for my 8th grader. She ran an experiment for her Science Fair. She loves to prove TV commercials wrong. But this year, her experiment has shown PackIt does keep stuff cooler than a regular cooler with an ice pack. PackIt did not keep the items cold for 10 hours, though. So my daughter was able to find something exagerated in the ad.
But the temperature inside the PackIt remained stable at 40-42°F during 5 hours, while the regular cooler with an icepack kept inside temperature around 56-60°F for 6 hours.
Note also that PackIt sells those coolers on their own website, but at time of purchase shipping and handling were very expensive. Amazon's offer was a much, much better deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product, October 22, 2011
We've been using Pack It for over a year and absolutely love them. I'm a father of 2 kids and the Pack It has made my life easier. We use them for school lunches, water bottles for the soccer field, water and snacks for the beach, food and drinks for outings (Museum, football games etc). Everything stays cold and I feel better about the ham, tuna, or turkey that I send my kids to school with. Their water at the soccer field is so much more refreshing because of this product (I know because I stick a couple of bottles in there for myself). My kids put a brown bag inside the Pack It and put it in their lockers. At lunch time, they just grab the brown bag so they can go play or hang out after they eat.

I've read a couple of the negative reviews and am baffled by them. This is a simple product that keeps un regrigerated food cold. Refeshingly cold. I've never tested them in a dark room with a stick of butter, just used them for over a year in every day life. They work perfectly and I wish I had them when my kids were babies too. I've run into a few friends using them at the soccer field and we all agree, Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lunch bag for kids lunch, September 3, 2011
L. Iezzi "iheartgabby" (Dallas, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I thought this lunch bag sounded great when I heard about it - it was actually my 6 year old who saw the commercials for it during her cartoons and told me she wanted one for school! It really is as great as it seems in the commercials. So easy - I just put it in the freezer at night (after removing anything still left and wiping it down of course), then at night I prepare anything I am going to put in her lunch and put it in the fridge or on the counter if not a cold item, then in the am all I do is put it all in her very cold bag. She loves it because everything that is supposed to stay cold does, and the dry items (like if I give her something like pretzels, crackers, etc) don't get mushy - I have quizzed her about this a few times. I'm amazed she wanted this over her usual princess or Barbie lunchbox, but I guess she really wanted her food cold more! Thumbs up!!! I wanted to add, after seeing some of the other reviews, that I agree this bag wouldn't stay cold for 10 hours - I'm not sure how they came up with that figure. I will say though that for us it meets our needs - it keeps my daughter's lunch cold at least until she gets to lunch at school - this I know because I have joined her for lunch, as they let parents do at her school, as well as asking her on other days to be sure. I don't usually go through her backpack as soon as she gets home, so I couldn't say exactly how long it stays cold, but I can vouch for it staying cold at least 4-5 hours, which really is all we need. She rarely has much in the way of leftovers in the bag, and certainly nothing I would re-send even if it was cold. 3/4 eaten sandwich anyone? Half eaten yogurt? Yeah, don't think I'm sending those. I will confess to not seeing the commercial that everyone seems to have seen claiming it lasts 10 hours, you can save leftovers, etc., and if I had seen it and bought it on those claims I would be mad too. Since I didn't, basically this bag does exactly what we need it to do - keep me 6 year old's lunch cold from time we leave the house to time she gets to the lunch table at school. After reading other reviews I now know that if she needs it longer than 5 hours, I should probably pack an ice pack, which I would have had to do everyday for lunch if I'd gotten something else, which in my opinion doesn't work as well. I think making sure you put the things you want to stay cold next to the sides, with the room temp items in the middle helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, October 24, 2011
After 1 month after purchasing the lunch box, I noticed a tear on the inside that made the box unsafe to use. I think that a yogurt container slit the very thin plastic. I called packit and explained the situation. They would not stand behind their product and considered the yogurt container a "sharp" object.

2.0 out of 5 stars Warm and damp food, August 4, 2011
I purchased these for my twins. I sent them to camp at 9 am and when they got home at 12:30 the food inside was room temperature. The lunches were stored inside in an air conditioned room and it still did not keep their lunches cold. In addition, the inside sweats and gets all the food damp and disgusting. When my daughter carried hers from the top, the velcro came undone and the all the contents of the bag spilled over. The shipping on these things is ridiculous. I really don't think they are worth the money at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars COULDN'T KEEP A STICK OF BUTTER COLD!!, July 21, 2011
I DID MY OWN TEST ON THIS, I FROZE IT ALL DAY AND NIGHT THEN LOADED IT WITH A FEW ITEMS. MY MAIN TEST ITEM WAS A STICK OF BUTTER. I SET A TIMER FOR 10 HOURS PUT IT IN MY PANTRY (SO THERE WOULD BE NO LIGHTS OR SUNLIGHT ON IT TO CAUSE IT TO THAW MORE QUICKLY (WAS TRY TO GIVE IT'S BEST SHOT.) BY THE 5 HOUR MARK THE BAG WAS NEARLY THAWED AND THE PRODUCTS INSIDE (YOGURT, JELLY AND BUTTER) WERE NOT COLD ENOUGH THAT I WOULD EAT THEM, BARELY COOL TO THE TOUCH. THE STICK OF BUTTER WAS SOFT AS IF IT HAD LAID ON THE TABLE. I KEEP THE AIR SET AT 71 DEGREES IN MY HOUSE, IT WAS IN A DARK PANTRY AND STILL DIDN'T MAKE IT. IT HAS NOW BEEN 8 HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES SINCE THE TEST STARTED AND THE BOX IS ABOUT AS WARM AS IT STARTED BEFORE BEING PUT IN THE FREEZER, I CAN NOT IMAGINE DOING AS THEY ADVERTISE AND HAVING THE KIDS COME HOME AFTER A WHOLE DAY AT SCHOOL AND SAFELY PUTTING THEIR LEFT OVERS IN THE FRIDGE FOR LATER. THEY ALSO SHOW PEOPLE TAKING IT TO SPORTS GAMES AND SUCH, I WILL TRY IT, BUT I CAN'T SEE HOW IT WOULD STAND A CHANCE IN THE SUN OR WARM TEMPERATURES. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, I ORDERED FROM THEIR WEBSITE TO GET THE BOGO FREE OFFER AND AFTER THE SHIPPING AND HANDLING (WAY OVER PRICED) IT COST ME OVER 32.00 FOR MY TWO. I CAME HERE TO SHARE MY REVIEW BECAUSE I COULD NOT FIND ANYWHERE ON THEIR PAGE TO WRITE ONE, KIND OF MAKES YOU WONDER WHY. STAY OLD SCHOOL, IT'S BETTER AND CHEAPER! HOPE THIS HELPS :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lunch bag!, May 23, 2011
Mike (San Jose, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
Keeps my lunch cold from about 7:00am to when I'm ready to eat lunch between 12:00 - 1:30 without having to put it in the company fridge!

PackIt Freezable Lunch Bag, The Wild