Most helpful critical review
101 of 110 people found the following review helpful
Excellent service, Malfunctioning and flimsy product
on March 15, 2012
There are three parts to this review and I will try to keep this short and precise.
Quality of the product itself:
1) It is quite unbelievable how this product is worth $99. When I first opened the box, I thought I received a 5 lb toy. The plastic is thin and flimsy, not to mention that it is not even spinning, just like what the other reviewer had stated in his/her one star review. Having lived in Asia for many years, I can venture a guess how much this product REALLY is worth... sadly, I have to say, this thing is WAY overpriced. The margins are HIGH!!!
2) As shown in the pictures, there were cracks and "fractures" all over the machine, possibly due to damage during delivery. There are also leakages everywhere, which I honestly believe that it could be a safety hazard if the water goes into the motor and electric wires, and apparently was evident after we unscrewed the thing.
3) As an attempt to reconstruct this damaged product since it's already broken anyway, we took it apart and played with it. We ended up using the glue gun to repair the leakages and fix the motor belt so that it is aligned with the spinning wheel - right now we are giving it a test run as I am typing this. Will see if it works without flooding the bathroom.
1) There is no bubble wrap or any kind of protective layers of packaging other than a thin paper box which is what it comes in with. I am positive that this contributes to the several areas of damage to the machine, and that's truly a pity. I have initially posted several pictures demonstrating the cracks and damages, but was later contacted by the seller, asking me to remove them. Taking into the consideration that the majority of the buyers seemed to have a great experience with this machine, I honored her request and took the pictures off. Email me privately if you are interested in seeing those pictures.
1) The seller is certainly worth complimenting. A representative, Christine emailed me back almost 5 minutes later when I first asked for a replacement. Prompt feedback, good customer service, and agreed to give me a full refund for the damaged product. At least the seller is willing to work with the customers and provide the help needed.