Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2011 11:40:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2011 11:42:59 PM PST
Stacy says:
I just received the Full Disclosure as a present, and was disappointed to find out that the tab that holds the disc was ripped off (Disc 3), thus causing the disc to fall out when you opened it, it also slid around when you picked it up.

To cure this problem, I carefully removed the plastic that holds the disc then replaced it with a new one (that I got from a old DVD Digipak) and it worked great.

Anyone else have problems with this package?

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 4:48:51 PM PDT
Omigosh! Purchased forged twig trellis (72" high). After wrestling it out of the taped/taped/taped metallic paper (no stabilizing cardboard or styro) outer wrap, I found that the trellis is wrapped around lengthwise more than once with strong bubble wrap STUCK TO ITSELF at every point for the entire trellis. Each little segment has to be carefully snipped (box cutters and regular scissors don't work and now my garden shears are gunked up from glue) without bending or scratching the 'twigs' and skinny bars. I took a set of photos that are not to be believed. Can't wait to post them somewhere. No way I can manage to wrap and return this item. 2 small bits of paperwork are trapped within the bubble wrap. Tiny bits of immeasurably sticky wrap are on counter, floor, clothes... I am afraid this sweet trellis will end up in the trash before the night is through. Irresponsible packing. Huge waste of item and of customer's money and time -- and loss of good will towards Amazon.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 12:33:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 12:34:27 PM PST
JF says:
I just received a carton packed with a Dremel, a workstation for it, and some accessories. It was a rather expensive purchase, but to my horror and disgust, the large and heavy box had been sealed with only a wide, gummed, PAPER tape (black, and with the name Amazon all over it), the sort you have to moisten to apply. This tape had apparently ripped along the center, of its own accord, and someone--presumably the USPS--had "resealed" it using 7 or 8 small pieces of scotch tape applied crosswise. The scotch tape itself was beginning to come undone, as it was entirely inadequate for the job--like the gummed tape!

Has anyone else gotten a package sealed with the black gummed tape? I left packaging feedback, but feel outraged when I consider what could have happened to the contents of the box, had there been anyone dishonest around when it had all fallen open. I have ordered large things from Amazon before, such as a convection toaster over, but now I won't dare do that again until I can be sure they have improved their packaging! Grrrr.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 12:39:42 PM PST
JF says:
What a horror story! I have had experience with that stick-to-itself bubble wrap, though not with an Amazon shipment. It is a misery to remove, and even after you get it off, you have to deal with the residue. I imagine it is a great convenience for the packager, but certainly not for the customer, unless the packagers are smart enough to have the wrap stick to a layer of protective cardboard or the like.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 1:12:59 PM PST
Two packages arrived this week from Amazon.com: 24 cans of tuna (8 of which were badly dented) and 6 frames (one with the glass broken). Amazon's new "all expenses spared" philosophy of packaging is NOT working !!!!

Posted on Nov 4, 2013 3:02:52 PM PST
I just received a book order which included one large Rand McNally map book and three 5"X7" paperbacks with colored art photos on very heavy paper. They were packaged in a large box with no packing material. Two of the books, which cost $18.30 each are damaged. I am not happy.

Posted on Dec 24, 2013 1:06:24 PM PST
A Gamer Guy says:
Going back to the topic, yes I am also having packaging problems with this edition of the movie. My first set had the little prong that held the second disc broken and now my replacement was broken on the third disc. I don't have anything to replace the broken prong with so I'm returning it again and hoping the third time is the charm. If it is not I'll just be returning for a refund and buying the set at the store for a few dollars more.

Posted on Aug 29, 2014 7:39:07 PM PDT
QuantumLeap says:
The box arrived with one side and the top ripped open. When I opened the box, almost all the SealedAir wrap was deflated. The package with the Xanthan Gum had been pierced and there was Xanthan Gum spread out within the delivery box. The SanDisk flash drive that arrived in the same box was covered with Xanthan Gum, even though it was in its own cardboard envelope. This was the second consecutive delivery received directly from Amazon.com where the delivery box was destroyed and the contents damaged.

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 2:47:09 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 9, 2014 11:09:42 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 9, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Apocalypse Now, the Complete Dossier
Apocalypse Now, the Complete Dossier (DVD)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (1,346)