Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Packers Pine Tar Soap, 3.3 Ounce
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 3.3 oz|Change

on June 7, 2011
Packer's Pine Tar Soap is an old-fashioned remedy that really works. Daily use on skin affected by excema or seborrheic dermatitis, in conjunction with a good moisturizer, will relieve itching and redness, halt flaking skin in its tracks, and restore a healthy color to the skin. Unlike many prescription products I've tried, your skin doesn't "wear out its welcome" with the pine tar soap. This is a treatment that will go the distance!

(By the way, if you're looking for a really good moisturizer, try Cetaphil.)
on June 6, 2010
5 stars aren't enough for this product! This soap is EXCELLENT at repelling bugs (mosquitos) naturally. My 5yr old son is the only one in our family that use to get eaten alive by mosquitos no matter how much bug repellent he had on (even when I nearly poured it on him). It was so bad that he couldn't walk and was in tears because of the swelling and pain after getting bitten on his legs, after an outing early last Summer. The next morning I went to a pharmacist and asked is there ANYTHING that they'd recommend that would really work besides DEET and all of the products that I've used in the past (he had them on when he was bitten) and he told me about Pine Tar Soap. I immediately purchased a bar and began using it on both kids since the June 2009. My son has not had even ONE mosquito bite since then; not even ONE!!! I will FOREVER be using Pine Tar soap on myself and definitely on my children. I usually bathe them with their regular soap (Dove) and then wash them down lightly (face, arms, feet, ears, legs) with the Pine Soap and then rinse them lightly before getting out of the tub. I do moisturize them afterwards with Skin So Soft (Avon) oil, which also is an insect repellent (not its original purpose) and they are protected 100%. So if you are in need and looking for something that is chemical free and safe for your family; Pine Tar soap is a must for you and your family. Sorry for the long review, but I just can't resist talking about this product that actually works (for me at least). Good Luck with a bite-free Summer.
77 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
I have battled mild to moderate psoriasis for my entire life. This soap has been worked better than any steroid I've used. It also functions pretty well as a bug repellent.
on March 30, 2014
I like this soap. I read a few reviews that were very negative about this soap. I like it because when I use it my skin feels very clean. It also lathers well and rinses off your skin very well. I have 4 daughters and they did not complain about the smell it leaves in the shower. The only con that I have when using the soap is that it leaves dark stains in the soap dish.I also love the smell of pine. This soap is very hard to find. And it is not cheap.
on August 28, 2012
Now this is a true Pine Tar medicinal Soap! Has a strong Pine smell but not overpowering. Lathers better than any soap I have used Ever! Leaves my hair silky soft and my skin clean and there is no residual smell. Has mosquito repellent powers with continued use and I hope thats true as after alot of rain the last 90 days we have a bumper crop of them. Been around since 1869. Top of the Line product. PackerS Pine Tar Soap - 3.3 Oz Also noticed the strong Pine scent acts as an air freshener for the bathroom.
on June 3, 2013
My wife uses this product when she notices her hair falling out and she seems to get immediate results after only a couple of washes. Also works well to clear up facial outbreaks.
on September 10, 2013
Started using the soap in the Summer of 2013. My skin has never been better. Feels cleaner and smoother. No blemishes from dry skin anymore. Best soap product I have ever used. Prior to using Packers Pine Tar soap I used Ivory soap for over fifty years.
on January 18, 2015
Wonderful soap if you live in a tick/chigger/'nosee-em' infested area.. helps relieve the itchiness and seems like it helps heal them up. & with the smell of the pine tar, might.. though not positive about this, keep some of the little buggers off! (wishful thinking maybe) Though it does make a mess of the shower! Still, with that said, i will be ordering more come spring time!~~~:)
on June 16, 2015
It is a good soap, I prefer Grandpa's Pine Tar. More lather. Also with Grandpa's I notice less brown soap scum in our shower.

Packers Pine Tar I understand to be a different blend of ingredients, whose to say which is what. Both soaps do a better job of cleaning and leaving the body with a fresh smooth skin.
on March 29, 2015
I have psoriasis and have used this soap for my skin for many years and it really does help. Not the best of fragrance but that's because of the tar ingredient that makes it work so well. Great product.